Today the most one sided Hampden Final ever ?

It’s one of the most one sided games against them I can ever remember , I’m 57, been to a couple of right thumping of them. Like you I’m stunned and annoyed , annoyed by so called Rangers fans looking to scapegoat when in fact we were fûcking robbed by an incompetent linesman.

I won't fault the players today. They gave everything, but we just couldn't score. The media spin on the shocking decisions against us will make for interesting reading.

I won't fault the players today. They gave everything, but we just couldn't score. The media spin on the shocking decisions against us will make for interesting reading.

we blew it. simple as. Not worthy and a shit celtic won.

Reactions: SSR
The most one sided game against them I have seen in 51 years.
Unfortunately, I don’t see any plusses for us going forward.

It’s one of the most one sided games against them I can ever remember , I’m 57, been to a couple of right thumping of them. Like you I’m stunned and annoyed , annoyed by so called Rangers fans looking to scapegoat when in fact we were fûcking robbed by an incompetent linesman.

The big mistake was letting Alfie take the penalty.

The most one sided game against them I have seen in 51 years.
Unfortunately, I don’t see any plusses for us going forward.

Today's completely one sided Final reminded me of when we played and defeated Ayr United in the League Cup Final back in 2002. Its still quite staggering that we didn't score today despite utter dominance and control of the game.

Listen we played well for long spells, really well. Fact is though we lost the game! Didn't do enough, better team lost, didn't get over the line, close but no cigar , FFS enough!

If we want this title, and God knows I want this title, this Rangers team has to find it within themselves to beat these fkrs when it really matters.

The end.

It's weird we lost but i'm proud of our players outplayed this mob and we just couldn't take our chances and the fact that its offside doesn't help.
I hope the players use this as motivation to kick on and win something this season preferably the league.

Would rather play shite & win than play like we did today & get nothing to show for it. Ultimately winning is everything & based on today we don’t like we are mentally strong enough to win the big prizes.

Would rather play shite & win than play like we did today & get nothing to show for it. Ultimately winning is everything & based on today we don’t like we are mentally strong enough to win the big prizes.

Naturally, I think the same. However, I don't reckon I'll see another Cup Final at Hampden in my lifetime like I saw this afternoon where one side's domination is so overwhelming.

I was at the 96 SCF, when we hammered Hearts 5-1. It was pretty much one way traffic.

We play much much worse teams tha The tims at Ibrox and fail to break them down by slinging crosses into the box .... we need much better quality, particularly on the right

H&H Flagship will be interesting because Davie will sit and watch it tomorrow morning with a clear head. I’m sure the reaction will be the same, stunned.

All in all it doesn't matter how much we battered them - we didn't win. We could have been a couple of goals up in the first half but poor finishing put an end to that. We just seem to struggle so badly at taking our chances and thankfully it doesn't bite us on the arse all that often. Sadly, it might where it really counts.

The ref really didn't help and if he had done his job it could have been a very different story. However, it's a could be scenario. We had every chance to put that game to bed today and didn't take it.

We asked them to leave everything on the park ... for me the players did that. It wasn’t our day. As hard as that is and walking out that sh1tey stadium raging, in reflection we battered them. I’m proud of every one of those players out their today. I’ve never been so proud after getting beat off that sh1te. Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

Radio Scotland was on in the bus and to a man they agreed we were victim of 3 poor decisions. Did help Neil McCann was going Tonto about it!

I see that the BBC stats have the possession as 50/50 and that we committed more fouls than they did?
It didn't seem like that watching the game?

At half time they had clearly had a talking to and for a few minutes at the start of the second half looked like they might get back into the game. It simply didn't happen as we overpowered them and the pattern of the first half resumed.

I can remember some of the pumpings we gave them in thr 9iar era but today was the most one sided ever ! Forster will never have such a good game again! Dissapointed but proud at the same time, onwards and upwards.

Today mirrored the1966 LCF when we completely dominated the game without being able to score. In fact today was worse due to the amount of chances we had.

We can spend all day consoling ourselves with how we were nearly great, but for me, one sided cup finals require a team to actually score...we didn’t. A recurring theme in games v Celtic. Only 3 times in the last 10 matches have we scored!!! We should be much more worried by that than we are about two linesmen and their lack of courage.

It was like the game at Parkhead when they battered us and Lee McCulloch scored an equaliser with just about our only attack till that point.

For me, this match had a similar look to the Ibrox game. We looked the better side then after they scored time wasted and shut up shop. We were unlucky to not go behind more after they went straight through. How we played didn't worry me, we were excellent, now the officials are now scared to give decisions against cellik.

I think our luck will change and we get in front for once hopefully at Saville Row.

For me, this match had a similar look to the Ibrox game. We looked the better side then after they scored time wasted and shut up shop. We were unlucky to not go behind more after they went straight through. How we played didn't worry me, we were excellent, how the officials are now scared to give decisions against cellik.

I think our luck will change and we get in front for once hopefully at Saville Row.

We were poor that day at Ibrox and didn’t create anything, yesterday we played really well.

Definitely not- the ‘Laudrup final’ against Hearts and the 2000 final against Aberdeen where Jim Leighton went off injured after 3 minutes are 2 bigger doings for a start.

Back