Official Tom Lawrence announced

Hadn't heard of him till today (don't keep up with English football) but his stats suggest a goalscoring midfielder which we've been crying out for

Even more impressive given he played for the weakest team in the league

Can't wait to see him play

Excited about this. We really didn't have a player who could lash one in from rangers last season, barring the odd Lundstram rocket.

Think this is going to be a great signing.

welcome tefal.
5-B3-A51-AD-A79-E-428-D-B1-B2-3-F601560-B910.gif

Some of the negativity on here makes me think that there may be some dark forces at work. If it’s not lurkers causing trouble - and therefore genuine Bears being critical before a ball is kicked - can you just lay off and wait to see what the boy can do?

Am I right in thinking he put himself about a bit in the Friendly against us? I'm sure he had a bit of a bite in him for a friendly.

Mine neither mate, but I've spent a bit of time reading up on him now and watching some footage.

He'll be comfortable playing in any of the 3 positions behind the striker, but is probably at his strongest as a 10.

He's strong, aggressive and probably a similar size to Lundstram.

He'll drive forward from the middle of the park (something we've lacked imo) and isn't scared to have a shot on goal.
He'll work hard defensively too and is very much a team player.

Rooney made him his captain.

A very good addition to the squad, who'll certainly be pushing to be a first pick.

Ta. Much appreciated.

Hadn't heard of him till today (don't keep up with English football) but his stats suggest a goalscoring midfielder which we've been crying out for

Even more impressive given he played for the weakest team in the league

Can't wait to see him play
They weren’t the weakest team in the league. They got deducted about 24 points if I recall

A solid signing and improves our starting xi for sure. More of the same please!
A good signing, I think, certainly one that looks like it’ll add more goals, but does he really improve a team that’s set to lose Joe Aribo?

I’m not so sure.

I’d like to see another player added to the middle of the park, but with Davis and Arfield given extensions I’m not sure we’re going to be able to do that now.

It could be Gio’s thinking of a bit of a change in style.

@derbyloyal

Assume you will have seen a fair bit of him, what do you think?

No pressure only your FF reputation on the line B-)
I didn't realise I had an FF reputation, pressure is on now...

Gives us something we've been lacking, as in the ability to shoot/score from anywhere (and I do mean anywhere, see his goal against, I think, Bolton a few years ago from the touchline)

A drink driver who flees the scene while his team mate lies unconscious at the scene isn't the sort of character I'd be itching to get in the door.

Hopefully he has grown as a man

Am I right in thinking he put himself about a bit in the Friendly against us? I'm sure he had a bit of a bite in him for a friendly.

He had a bizarre run in where, seemingly out of nothing, went for Tav. But he used to do that at times in the Championship. Something would just set him off. He's our nutter now though B-D

Untitled-design-2022-07-08T090348.967.png

I can imagine it now. Lawrence scores his first ever goal with a Tav assist and they recreate this moment as a celebration. Get it done, lads.

Good signing who will improve our team in my opinion.
I'm sure his Welsh teammate Ramsay encouraged him to sign for 'the famous'.

I didn't realise I had an FF reputation, pressure is on now...

Gives us something we've been lacking, as in the ability to shoot/score from anywhere (and I do mean anywhere, see his goal against, I think, Bolton a few years ago from the touchline)
Seen a few absolute belters
Double against Sheffield i was just looking at there

Something to look forward to if he can do that, can he play on the right of a 3 or more a number 10?

Back