Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Now a leggy North London widow is hitching a skirt in his direction and, after a glance at the bank balance, Postecoglou has the sniff of perfume in his nostrils.”

I don’t think I’ve ever actually read an article he’s written until now. This is the first and the last. It is *such* an odd read - a leggy north London widow?! WTF, that’s just weird.
His style of writing reminds me a bit of Tom English - full of flowery metaphors that they probably think is very clever. But it's just pure pish, no substance whatsoever.

The peasants would take our Europa League Final appearance over anything they've won in the last 2 seasons, mate. Hence, the rage from the scumbags.
I’d have taken our final over their league and cup double any day of the week too! For all the media try and make Postecoglu out to be something special, it shouldn’t be forgotten we had the bigger achievement last year.

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha
What happens then? Do they get a package or their contract paid up?

I’m sure I’ve read numerous managers keep getting paid until they get a new club. That way the sacking club can save money by not paying the contract.

You just know, if the fat aussie doesn't go to Spurs, it's going to be spun like no other story of how he turned them down and pure in love with the beggars.
i think he might have burnt his bridges a bit for even entertaining ther move at least and they wont see him in the same light i think

Only on FF could people believe you get the sack for being shite at your job (either at the start,middle
Or end) and still think your getting 10 million a year to sit in the house for the remainder of that contract, absolute loonballs on here sometimes haha

You think you can just sack someone and void their contract? Seriously?

The problem they have is McGowan has already had a dig, and their fans will know it’s from liewell.

It’s going to be a shit show either way.
the article was a direct dig at skippy and that alone will be wnough to him wanting to leave,would liewell have to have signed off on the article im guessing so yeah it came directly from him probably

Do you follow much football?

It’s common knowledge that when managers leave, they often continue getting paid or have their deals paid up.

Failing to reach the top 4 or avoid relegation is enough for many clubs to change manager, but not actually ‘sack’ them. It’s not gross misconduct to lose some football matches, especially given that 3 sides MUST be relegated each season.

Here’s a list of famous pay offs;

Do you follow much football?

It’s common knowledge that when managers leave, they often continue getting paid or have their deals paid up.

Failing to reach the top 4 or avoid relegation is enough for many clubs to change manager, but not actually ‘sack’ them. It’s not gross misconduct to lose some football matches, especially given that 3 sides MUST be relegated each season.

Here’s a list of famous pay offs;

Yeah, the term "sack" is something of a misnomer. Its technically a contract buyout.

Utter bollox
In Scotland at the old firm you either win or you’re a failure. The league win is expected. It’s not a big achievement by any stretch - if Beale doesn’t win the league next season he will be sacked. Them winning the league was expected, losing the league would have cost him his job. So what do you think is the bigger achievement and talking point? A league and cup double or a European final? I know what I’d take!

What happens then? Do they get a package or their contract paid up?

I’m sure I’ve read numerous managers keep getting paid until they get a new club. That way the sacking club can save money by not paying the contract.

Di Matteo got sacked from Chelsea and was getting £130,000 a week for the next 19 months until the end of his deal

You just know, if the fat aussie doesn't go to Spurs, it's going to be spun like no other story of how he turned them down and pure in love with the beggars.
Opposed to him getting stitched up like a kipper by Levy to put pressure on the man they actually want! And oh the hilarity of him trying to back track and pretend he wasn’t gagging to go to the first club who offered him a job in England!

“Now a leggy North London widow is hitching a skirt in his direction and, after a glance at the bank balance, Postecoglou has the sniff of perfume in his nostrils.”

I don’t think I’ve ever actually read an article he’s written until now. This is the first and the last. It is *such* an odd read - a leggy north London widow?! WTF, that’s just weird.
That paragraph really stood out for me, it made me want to pour bleach in my eyes.
It reads like he’s in the anger/disbelief stage of grief, it’s absolutely wild!

In Scotland at the old firm you either win or you’re a failure. The league win is expected. It’s not a big achievement by any stretch - if Beale doesn’t win the league next season he will be sacked. Them winning the league was expected, losing the league would have cost him his job. So what do you think is the bigger achievement and talking point? A league and cup double or a European final? I know what I’d take!
You would take losing a European final and emulating Fulham and Middlesbrough over continuing our glorious past and being the most successful club in the world. Well fair enough each to their own.
Oh and "you either win or you're a failure" so which applies to Rangers and which applies to Celtic??
You are a strange dude

You would take losing a European final and emulating Fulham and Middlesbrough over continuing our glorious past and being the most successful club in the world. Well fair enough each to their own.
Oh and "you either win or you're a failure" so which applies to Rangers and which applies to Celtic??
You are a strange dude
Yes I had this debate earlier in the season when the discussion was on Gio. When we won regularly I would have easily sacrificed one of the leagues for a European cup final. Celtic are in that stage they are winning regularly and I’ve absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they would bite your hand off for our last season! I would struggle to tell you exactly which years we won the league, but by god I will never forget Manchester 08 or Seville 22.

Yes I had this debate earlier in the season when the discussion was on Gio. When we won regularly I would have easily sacrificed one of the leagues for a European cup final. Celtic are in that stage they are winning regularly and I’ve absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they would bite your hand off for our last season! I would struggle to tell you exactly which years we won the league, but by god I will never forget Manchester 08 or Seville 22.

Ultimately during the run, you dont know you are going to lose the final. So the overall experience is worth more than can be quantified.

Ive been at Ibrox for multiple League title wins. Ive never experienced anything like the win over Leipzig. Il carry that memory with me until the day i die.

Ultimately during the run, you dont know you are going to lose the final. So the overall experience is worth more than can be quantified.

Ive been at Ibrox for multiple League title wins. Ive never experienced anything like the win over Leipzig. Il carry that memory with me until the day i die.
I know. It’s the whole journey! The days on the run up I was bouncing off the walls! Don’t get me wrong, I love winning a league as much as the next man, but over a period of time your odds of doing so is pretty much 50/50 each season. Conference league apart, the chances of a backwater country getting to a European final are so low. Last year and Manchester 08 will live with me until my death bed.

Let's hope we get beat in the final again next year and Celtic win the treble overtake our record and become the most successful team in the world.
That will be wonderful
Celtic will be sick as fk

You actually need help

Let's hope we get beat in the final again next year and Celtic win the treble overtake our record and become the most successful team in the world.
That will be wonderful
Celtic will be sick as fk

You actually need help
Well you enjoy your small minded attitude and look forward to your six games against the scum each year. I’ll cherish my memories of the final and hope for more.

Well you enjoy your small minded attitude and look forward to your six games against the scum each year. I’ll cherish my memories of the final and hope for more.
Good for you.
I'll cherish Colin Stein at Easter Road
I'll cherish DJ against Aberdeen
I'll cherish McCoist hat trick in the LC Final
I'll cherish Alex Macdonald
I'll cherish Davie Cooper leaving Leighton trying to catch thin air
I'll cherish Terry Butcher header at Pittodrie
I'll cherish Ian Durrant
I'll cherish Mark Hateley against the sheep
I'll cherish Lovenkrandts winner at Hampden
I'll cherish The Goalie defying Van Hoojydonk
I'll cherish Jelavik hitting two posts and in
I'll cherish Rod Wallace scoring the cup winner
I'll cherish Barry McKay and Tav celebrating.
I'll cherish Rogic missing a penalty
Il cherish Ryan Jack scoring v Hearts in the last tournament we won
I'll cherish Rangers winning and mourn Rangers losing
I'll cherish Rangers history
Just me being small minded

Last edited:
Good for you.
I'll cherish Colin Stein at Easter Road
I'll cherish DJ against Aberdeen
I'll cherish McCoist hat trick in the LC Final
I'll cherish Alex Macdonald
I'll cherish Davie Cooper leaving Leighton trying to catch thin air
I'll cherish Terry Butcher header at Pittodrie
I'll cherish Ian Durrant
I'll cherish Mark Hateley against the sheep
I'll cherish Lovenkrandts winner at Hampden
I'll cherish The Goalie defying Van Hoojydonk
I'll cherish Jelavik hitting two posts and in
I'll cherish Rod Wallace scoring the cup winner
I'll cherish Barry McKay and Tav celebrating.
I'll cherish Rogic missing a penalty
Il cherish Ryan Jack scoring v Hearts in the last tournament we won
I'll cherish Rangers winning and mourn Rangers losing
I'll cherish Rangers history
Just me being small minded
And I’ll have Novo’s penalty against Fiorentina. Whitakers goal against Sporting. Kamara and Lundstram against Leipzig. Both legs of the Dortmund game! Your moments are also great but in my opinion not quite as memorable. That’s just my opinion. Not someone “needing help” or a “strange dude” as you suggested.

It is my opinion that too many people on here (and I am not necessarily accusing you of this) who are too obsessed with the scum and not enough about what we do, particularly outside Scotland. I genuinely couldn’t give an f what they do. That may seem difficult for some people to understand but after the last OF game I didn’t even know the scums scores of games until in some cases a week later! I wouldn’t even have remembered they were playing tomorrow were it not for this thread.

And as crazy as it sounds to some, I’m only really interested in this thread as Spurs are my second team and I don’t want him part of it! I want to see us destroy them every year without fail, but if I had the choice of losing the league for another chance at a European final (and the hope of winning it) then that would win hands down. I’ll exclude the European conference league in that

And I’ll have Novo’s penalty against Fiorentina. Whitakers goal against Sporting. Kamara and Lundstram against Leipzig. Both legs of the Dortmund game! Your moments are also great but in my opinion not quite as memorable. That’s just my opinion. Not someone “needing help” or a “strange dude” as you suggested.

It is my opinion that too many people on here (and I am not necessarily accusing you of this) who are too obsessed with the scum and not enough about what we do, particularly outside Scotland. I genuinely couldn’t give an f what they do. That may seem difficult for some people to understand but after the last OF game I didn’t even know the scums scores of games until in some cases a week later! I wouldn’t even have remembered they were playing tomorrow were it not for this thread.

And as crazy as it sounds to some, I’m only really interested in this thread as Spurs are my second team and I don’t want him part of it! I want to see us destroy them every year without fail, but if I had the choice of losing the league for another chance at a European final (and the hope of winning it) then that would win hands down. I’ll exclude the European conference league in that
Well I don't have a second team m8.
Let's just agree our priorities differ

I was actually cringing reading it.

How on earth did that drivel get past the editor?

Seriously, if that's all you need to contrive to earn a living as a Scottish Football journalist then I need to reevaluate my career choices.

It is, without a doubt, the worst article I've ever read.

Exactly man. I want the fat lady's front bottom to stay so we can put the arrogant gravy addict homeless lady's front bottom in his place. But if he does, I just can't be bothered with the lies and fawning from the media.

I don't believe he'd have walked if TIAR was going to be the procession it was in his first two seasons.

Thankfully we'll never know, they won the next 6 going after he left, I just don't buy into the fact he left due to losing a game, it had to happen eventually, he got a better offer which was always coming at some point.

Emma Dodds: Ange, there’s been speculation all week that you’re close to agreeing a deal with Tottenham. Do you feel that this could impact your team’s performance today?

7o3bkt.jpg

This is one absolutely shite joke that makes almost no sense.

That Stephen McGowan looks just like one of then who lives near me.

The particular look may differ, but they always have 'a look'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back