Transfer updates thread

SuperGers07

May as well start a new one.

Is there anything in the rumours about Hodson to MLS, John to Swansea and Windass to Ipswich?

What about incoming? Barisic, Lafferty ?

Reactions: cav
I’ve no idea but I want all of those mentioned to happen-
And Onouha in...

And Davis in...

And maybe Solanke when the English window shuts...

And see if we make the Europa group stages,what about that fella Prevjlak?

Is there anything in the rumours about Hodson to MLS, John to Swansea and Windass to Ipswich?

windass to Ipswich?
heard brazil this morning saying they are selling anything that moves and no purchases.

windass to Ipswich?
heard brazil this morning saying they are selling anything that moves and no purchases.

If that's correct then Ipswich can pay top dollar considering they got Waggy and Garner on the cheap. Windass has a vastly superior record in the SPL compared to Waggy.

English teams will be starting to scramble. Their window shuts at 5pm thursday.

Honestly felt Foderingham would have gone. But it seems like a bit of a botch on our part essentially relegating him to 3rd choice and it being put out there in public (from wes' side), thus any value drops further.

He was a free transfer, so any cash deal just now is going to be a profit. Could end up loaned out.

Last edited:
English teams will be starting to scramble. Their window shuts at 5pm thursday.

Honestly felt Foderingham would have gone. But it seems like a bit of a botch on our part essentially relegating him to 3rd choice and it being put out there in public (from wes' side), thus any value drops further.

He was a free transfer, so any cash deal just now is going to be a profit. Could end up loaned out.

If Wes is on our books at the end of the window he should be moved up the order as he is miles ahead of Alnwick .

Between now and the 31st August I predict these incomings and outgoings:

In:
Barisic
Lafferty
Solanke (loan)
Simpson (loan)

Out:
Wallace
Foderingham
Docherty (loan)
John (loan)
Hodson
Windass or Morelos (possibly both but definitely one)

If Wes is on our books at the end of the window he should be moved up the order as he is miles ahead of Alnwick .

He is, but it's 3 keepers, and the current 3rd choice on a decent wage doing nothing.
As it stands, he's basically going to have a chance of being the Rangers Reserves #1 this season.

I'd say Barisic will be announced today with the young lad from Bournemouth shortly afterwards

SG clearly rates him, so would be surprised to see him move.

There is no evidence to suggest that SG rates Haliday as anything other than a dressing room "cheer leader", if he stays his game time will be extremely limited. The boy should move on for his own good.

SG clearly rates him, so would be surprised to see him move.
With Docherty going out on loan, Rossiter always injured options in midfield are quite slim if we get a couple of injurys. Is quite a worry than Halliday could come in for some games this season but was always going to be very hard to get everyone in and out in one window

been quiet today on the transfer front hopefully after selling josh windass and Declan john yesterday that money will be added to transfer budget

My mate has just text me, he is an Arsenal fan. He said there is a rumour on one of their Forums that we are after Eddie Nketiah on loan. Can’t say I know much about him or if there is any substance to the rumour.

My mate has just text me, he is an Arsenal fan. He said there is a rumour on one of their Forums that we are after Eddie Nketiah on loan. Can’t say I know much about him or if there is any substance to the rumour.

It’s a rumour thats been around for a while but just seems to be from a site that makes up rumours

One thing that cant be denied is we have managed to get rid of a lot of fringe players, only a couple left. Im not sure what to make of the Nigerian striker, seems way behind on the fitness stakes.

One thing that cant be denied is we have managed to get rid of a lot of fringe players, only a couple left. Im not sure what to make of the Nigerian striker, seems way behind on the fitness stakes.

Thats being generous. He looked like a new born deer trying to run, let alone play football

I know he’s been pish lately but surprised we haven’t been linked with Lazor Markovic. Reading that echo article reminded me he was still with Liverpool . Could do a job up here

Back