Two quality players in each position

StirlingGer

In Gerrard's press conferences he has indicated that he wants 2 quality players in each position.

GK: McGregor, Foderingham
RB: Tav, Flanagan
LB: Borna, Wallace
CB: Goldson
CB: Katic, McCrorie?
CM: Jack, Rossiter
CM: Coulibaly,
CM: Arfield, Ejaria
RM: Candieas, Murphy
LM: Kent, Middleton
ST: Morelos, Sadiq

Leaves us with Alnwick, Halliday, Dorrans and some youngsters.

Looking at that squad currently and with the amount of games we are going to have to play on our way to Baku it is clear we need:

1. A backup centre back - hopefully Simpson on loan happens.
2. With Rossiter's injury proneness and us playing three centre mid one more player for cover.
3. A real top quality striker to compete with Morelos.

If we are able to get all of this by the end of the window I can see us winning everything in sight. What a time to be alive!!

In Gerrard's press conferences he has indicated that he wants 2 quality players in each position.

GK: McGregor, Foderingham
RB: Tav, Flanagan
LB: Borna, Wallace
CB: Goldson
CB: Katic, McCrorie?
CM: Jack, Rossiter
CM: Coulibaly,
CM: Arfield, Ejaria
RM: Candieas, Murphy
LM: Kent, Middleton
ST: Morelos, Sadiq

Leaves us with Alnwick, Halliday, Dorrans and some youngsters.

Looking at that squad currently and with the amount of games we are going to have to play on our way to Baku it is clear we need:

1. A backup centre back - hopefully Simpson on loan happens.
2. With Rossiter's injury proneness and us playing three centre mid one more player for cover.
3. A real top quality striker to compete with Morelos.

If we are able to get all of this by the end of the window I can see us winning everything in sight. What a time to be alive!!

It's all coming together nicely and we need strength in depth if we are going to seriously challenge on all fronts.

It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a new season.

I think we are in desperate need of a quality CB.... Katic and Goldson have been worked hard already, and SG has already said he doesnt see McCrorie as a defender. This is more important than a striker IMO

Hope you're not suggesting Sadiq is a quality player after a brief cameo against Wigan?

We desperately need another striker.

A wide forward who can replace windass' goals and assists from the wings and also fill in uptop when needed should be priority.

Get one of those and a backup CB then we will be well on our way.

Back