Uefa Boss saying season could be lost if not restarted (BBC)

Of course it will be null and void. This enforced break alone means clubs will have players out of contract, we will need a pre season before we even think about getting going again.
We are pretty much assured to be on lockdown for April. Would anyone be surprised if we are still at home come May. Even if we could start again in say June, you then need to coordinate all of that, find a time for summer break ( this won't be our break, it can't be, players need holidays like the rest of us)
What's the knock on then to next season and next season's money making, Europa League, Champions league etc etc.
Forthcoming transfer window will be interesting.
You start in June and say next season starts in Sep. I doubt clubs can wait that long for their much needed season ticket money.
It's all fecked up.

Just end the season now so we all know where we stand.

Null and void is the only answer.

Any other answer makes the following season a complete non event as well due to the impact it has on no pre-season.

Imagine if one of the few teams in world football that are pushing for a result this season ended up with half their team missing for the remainder what they would then say.

Madness to suggest otherwise. Its all good some players maintaining a level of fitness, but not all clubs can afford to dish out top of the range home gym monitoring equipment. No team involvement whatsoever (see how bad pre-seasons are).

All that whilst a health pandemic is sweeping the county. When is it safe to mingle, assumedly when ALL cases are gone and not just over the peak, otherwise we start all over again?

All of that isn't happening by June. Hell no
If you want to wait until all cases are gone then you'll never see football again.

The only club in the world to even mention titles are that rancid lot.

Stoked of course by the pathetic MSM.

Of course this is a club that operated a decades long paedophile ring without a hint of remorse so it's not all that unsurprising

I don't think anyone should be surprised at UEFA fumbling about in the dark, it's what football administrators do the world over.
When this is boiled right down there is only one answer and that is to cancel this season now and start afresh next season whenever that might be. This would give clarity to everyone.
This situation is so grave and getting worse, that with the exception of one club, there would not be any club anywhere in the world regardless of how they are currently placed in their own country, who would have any issues with this.
As others have said this season should have a big red circle round it and dedicated to all those unsung heroes of society who are putting their lives on the line for others.

Coefficient is based on games played, don't see an issue with keeping points gained/lost
That's fair enough, but the countries losing their position might see it differently. Null and void is what it is and that gives them a case. So many feck ups with this whole thing that it's going to need a joint agreement with every country to save any future complaints that could drag on for god knows how long.

The obvious problem to restarting the season should be that there is next to no chance that every team squad is 100% clear of the virus not just for the restart but for the duration of the conclusion. Never gonna happen - even behind closed doors.

This. All it takes is 1 or 2 squad members to catch it again and it's square 1.

I cant believe that anyone is even trying to put a time frame on when football will start up again, nobody has a clue how long this virus will be around for, control the virus first then maybe start looking at when normality can begin to restart

We’ll be lockdown till june , then will still need to adhere to social distancing after that ... not a chance its happening.

That's fair enough, but the countries losing their position might see it differently. Null and void is what it is and that gives them a case. So many feck ups with this whole thing that it's going to need a joint agreement with every country to save any future complaints that could drag on for god knows how long.
Exactly mate. Greece and Switzerland could both argue that they have the potential to improve on their ratings whereas we would need a draw or win in Germany (unlikely based on what we've seen so far). It would all need to be voided and potentially agree that all those still remaining automatically qualify for the group stages of the next competition as a compensator.

Exactly mate. Greece and Switzerland could both argue that they have the potential to improve on their ratings whereas we would need a draw or win in Germany (unlikely based on what we've seen so far). It would all need to be voided and potentially agree that all those still remaining automatically qualify for the group stages of the next competition as a compensator.
That's why it will need to be across the board with the decisions. No wonder they want it all finished, which looks increasingly unlikely.

You honestly wonder if these people at Uefa live in the real world. No football is getting played in Europe till late summer at least.

Constantly putting insane deadlines that won’t be adhered to on the table is only going to make this worse for football as a whole.

It’s about time governments step in and tell them to call the season off now so league and European money can be distributed.

The only way this season will finish is if next season starts very late and is somehow significantly shortened.

I actually think this is one if the more "realistic" options the authorities will be considering, or maybe the term wishing for, maybe more appropriate.

How that goes with out of contract players, commercial deals, European competitions with qualifiers ( if foreign travel even allowed ) I don't know.

And then say 2020/21 league ie reduced so that there is, say, only 12 homes, how can the club expect £500/£600 average for season ticket for 2/3 of games?

So many questions and so little answers I'm afraid.

There is no way this season is going to be completed. We are several months away at least from players even getting back into training.
We will be very lucky not to have a severely curtailed campaign next term as well.

I'm not sure that UEFA believe that the season can be completed. What they are doing is exactly the same as all major organisations and, indeed, most Governments. They have no idea exactly how long this is going to last so, rather then tell people it's likely to be 3 months minimum and start a total panic, they are setting out three options - one for things improving rapidly, one for things taking a little longer and one for the three month scenario.
They, like most of us, probably believe that the 3 month scenario is actually the best case and that it may actually be worse than that. They can't, however, not plan for things improving quicker than envisaged or, indeed, start a total panic by setting out exactly how bad this could get.
In my opinion there will be no football played for some time and this season will eventually be declared void. I believe UEFA have intimated that coefficient points will stand but will be led by the major leagues as to how the season ends.

They should have scrapped them already but I just wonder if BT and SKY are being cunts.

2 or 3 yrs ago I'd have thought the same, but with so many streaming platforms and the time that the EPL now have to consider other options, I'm not convinced Sky and BT have the same powers as they did then.

Amazon Prime and Netflix will be making millions in the current climate and they could become serious players in the next negotiations. We've already seen Amazon with TV packages this season, they'll want more.

Social distancing might last until September how in that scenario could football start. Next season could be delayed for months.

this only matters if uefa make a decision across all leagues and make it compulsory that all footballing organisations comply fully,anything other than this and the spfl will be sending the trophy to the east end,of that i am in no doubt

The quicker we draw a line under this season the better, there is too much going on right now!

They are obviously going to sit tight and see how this plays out. Think it’s very unlikely that football could resume before July/August. Therefore absolutely baffling to think that we would attempt to finish this season even though it would have a detrimental impact on next season. I mean they are talking about compressing the timetable with lots of fixtures in a short space of time (good way for players to pick up injuries) - why?

PS in 2004-5 Serie A did not have a champion. Juventus were stripped of the title following the match-fixing scandal. AC Milan were second and also implicated. Inter were third and were not awarded the title (although were awarded the title the following season).

this only matters if uefa make a decision across all leagues and make it compulsory that all footballing organisations comply fully,anything other than this and the spfl will be sending the trophy to the east end,of that i am in no doubt
Uefa should take the lead here so that all clubs and players can plan ahead, call it a void season

I think all remaining cup and league tournaments around Europe will be null and void. We have a number of players abroad with their families, but it must be nothing compared to some of the other clubs in England and in Europe who have the majority of their squad from around the world.

By the time you get those players back, get them fit and raring to go, we could be into the autumn. The Coronavirus might peak in Europe over the next few weeks, but sadly it has still to peak in other countries. I fear to think what will happen if it fully catches hold in Africa, India and some of the Eastern European countries. I can't see there being an appetite for the full card of domestic, European and international matches until well into 2021.

The reality for me really is that in the UK we have two teams trying to chase club history.

Liverpool first title in years and the mentally challengeds going for 5 in a row and another treble.

If it was us say about to win a second title in two years, or the mentally challengeds winning a second one in a row the league would have been voided by now.

Similar if it was Man City winning it down south again it would have been nipped in the bud.

Liverpool to their credit are conducting themselves well.

What I am getting at though is you cant not void the leagues because the titles have individual added significance to a club at club level.

It's just a title attached to a year. Any other significance is not other clubs, UEFAs or league bodies issue.

It should be void, as it will be an incomplete season. That it could be historic seasons for clubs matters not one bit.

It has to be null and void. The reality of this scenario now seems to be hitting home and there really is no other logical decision. Lives are at risk!

the press conference there saying this lockdown could last between 3 to 6 months if not longer. nothing is starting or finishing anytime soon.

With many player contracts ending in May & no prospect of even closed door games before that, i can't see this season being completed. But fear a corrupt award to them.

Back