Umar Sadiq €60m price tag

He showed nothing in our jersey for you to say that.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Im enjoying watching his career develop as some of us did see his potential.

I remember a comment on here about Sonny Aluko when there were rumours we were interested in him. He was described as an "Aberdeen reject" .

UD Almeria Slaps Hefty €60m Price Tag On Umar Sadiq To Ward Off Suitors​

The former AS Roma protege, Umar Sadiq is drawing interests from a number of clubs following his good start to life with Almeria in the Spanish second tier.

UD Almeria have placed a €60m price tag on their Nigerian talisman Umar Sadiq to fend off interest in the player.

Sadiq teamed up with Almeria last October from Serbian club FK Partizan and has settled in nicely to life in Spain.

The striker has 11 goals and 3 assists from 19 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga chasing Rojiblancos.

According to Spanish media outlet Marca, Almeria have placed a huge €60m prize tag for teams willing to prise Sadiq away this January. And if he helps them gain promotion to La Liga, the fee goes up to €80m.

Sadiq who turns 24 in February is believed to be open to staying at Almeria beyond this transfer window and the club’s bosses buy to the idea and consider him part of their plans for the present and future.

edit: edited the thread title
I thought I was drunk

I remember the sinking feeling on the bus to hampden when getting the team news and saw he was starting vs Sheep.....

He kind of reminds me of Diego Forlan, he was terrible for Man Utd in the EPL but could score for fun in Spain.

It just doesn't work for some people when they are at a certain club, they might not like the weather or just don't like living in a certain place and it affects their performance on the pitch.

I remember a comment on here about Sonny Aluko when there were rumours we were interested in him. He was described as an "Aberdeen reject" .
Yes and then Aluko changed peoples opinions of him when they seen him play for us. Sadiq did absolutely nothing of note in our jersey. He got a chance in a semi and threw himself to the deck when he had an open goal. That’s why people have him as a “whipping boy”.

FF is a perverse place. Another thread has a guy who contributes like Tav as not being that much of a miss while peoples stick up for Sadiq in this one.

Yes and then Aluko changed peoples opinions of him when they seen him play for us. Sadiq did absolutely nothing of note in our jersey. He got a chance in a semi and threw himself to the deck when he had an open goal. That’s why people have him as a “whipping boy”.

FF is a perverse place. Another thread has a guy who contributes like Tav as not being that much of a miss while peoples stick up for Sadiq in this one.

Each to their own. Im just enjoying seeing Sadiq prove so many wrong.

Mystifying

Can’t think of a bigger diddy I’ve seen playing for us in a long time (I exclude the lower league years in this)

UD Almeria Slaps Hefty €60m Price Tag On Umar Sadiq To Ward Off Suitors​

The former AS Roma protege, Umar Sadiq is drawing interests from a number of clubs following his good start to life with Almeria in the Spanish second tier.

UD Almeria have placed a €60m price tag on their Nigerian talisman Umar Sadiq to fend off interest in the player.

Sadiq teamed up with Almeria last October from Serbian club FK Partizan and has settled in nicely to life in Spain.

The striker has 11 goals and 3 assists from 19 appearances in all competitions for the La Liga chasing Rojiblancos.

According to Spanish media outlet Marca, Almeria have placed a huge €60m prize tag for teams willing to prise Sadiq away this January. And if he helps them gain promotion to La Liga, the fee goes up to €80m.

Sadiq who turns 24 in February is believed to be open to staying at Almeria beyond this transfer window and the club’s bosses buy to the idea and consider him part of their plans for the present and future.

edit: edited the thread title
Replacement for Griff at sharkheid ?

Still laugh when I think about his first appearance from the bench at Ibrox when he galloped at 80mph from the centre circle and just bundled into the opposition goalie I'm sure for the cross ball

EAz6al8WwAIG7Fk.jpg

He’s playing in the second tier, that’s his level.

Sevilla interested haha

There are suggestions there already has been interest in his services from the top flight, with some sources reporting interest from no less a suitor than Sevilla. It seems outlandish, but it is worth considering that, with transfer guru Monchi, Sevilla have always had an eye on undervalued potential and ‘diamond in the rough’ types. Sadiq very much fits the category and profile, if nothing else.

followed by

It is also obvious, not just in his goals but in the manner of them, that Almeria have on their hands a player who is too good for Segunda.

From the tendency to play with his food from time to time (see his third goal in the recent victory over Ponferradina, where he attempts a dribble in front of an open goal), to needlessly elaborate finishes when simpler ones would suffice, one can infer Sadiq is the type to switch off when he perceives a challenge as too easy.

While it suggests his aptitude for a higher level, it also displays some of the old lack of professionalism that has so threatened to douse his flame down the years.

Judged as being completely useless off four appearances.

Will be a few people with egg on their faces if he ends up playing La Liga or EPL football.

He’s been very successful in Serbia, in the Europa league groups & now the second division in Spain where guys like Nunez have came from.

He’s no diddy, but that price is obviously just a “your not getting him” type statement, wouldn’t look too much in to it.

Benteki must be rated at 120 million then.

And he's atrocious.

Didnae see you come on and print that at the time.

How long were we gonnae persevere with that notion he'd develop.

Judged as being completely useless off four appearances.

Will be a few people with egg on their faces if he ends up playing La Liga or EPL football.

Correct. The best laugh is when a player gets slaughtered on here but it turns out he can play a bit. They then claim he's improved.

To be honest I think €60 is about right.

Mind you, somebody better tell the OP that he's accidentally typed an "m" after the €60

Baffling, never saw anything that suggested he could go on to be an average player let alone one worth tens of millions
He played 1 competitive game for us (according to wiki, I thought it was more tbf). However, we certainly never saw enough of him to judge. Took the hit for our defeat to the sheep, but our issues were much deeper than a 20 year old striker imo.

The big question should be what our sell-on clause is with all his future moves (never seems to be anywhere long) :p

Back