Visiting other teams stadiums and matches.

Ilikethewayyoumove

Had been in the North East through week seen Sunderland were playing in the EFL cup against Man United reserves. Thought an opportunity to see their stadium and get to see the game etc. Gets into the ticket office which was dead like the outside of the stadium asks for 2 tickets to be told no I couldn't buy without a previous purchase. I laughed at that point and asked if they were genuinely being serious that they would sell tickets to a cup game that by the looks their own fans didn't want to see :p found it a very strange experience to say the least. Always had good experiences visiting other grounds in England like St James, Anfield etc who's staff have been welcoming, gone out their way to set ticket accounts up etc. Safe to say Sunderland are on the list of teams I hope to see loss every weekend now haha. Anyone else experienced a visit like that?

Clubs can put in previous purchase history to prevent away fans obtaining home end tickets for certain games, Newcastle United & Manchester United are the 2 Sunderland homes you need to have that certainly for home 1st team games

Wednesday's game was 1st team game for Sunderland maybe why the club still applied it although the 1st team never played, it does seems strange given that the attendance wasn't going to huge

Had it been say Sunderland v Lincoln City you would got in no problem

Its not that uncommon to have to become a club member to buy tickets. Most clubs won't charge but you still need to register with them before they'll allow you to buy tickets. A few clubs do charge.

Back