We All Witnessed History Tonight

The first time we have overcome a 2-0 deficit from the first leg of a European tie.

The first time in a lifetime for many of us, I'd almost given up on ever seeing it.

But the team and the fans came through for another memorable and historic night at Ibrox.

Bring on Eindhoven!
:))
Incredible turnaround, great effort from the team and staff.

Edit; Gio delivered in Europe again

Last edited:
Great achievement. It must be said that given the opposition, we should never have been starting 2 down, they were awful. But still very well done for getting through a difficult situation.

First time any Scottish team has done it I think

The other mob did it back in the late 60's against a French team. I can't remember if it was Nantes or St Etienne. They also pulled back a 2 goal deficit against Sporting Lisbon a few years later. Killie pulled back a 3 goal deficit against Eintracht back in the day as well - in the return leg at Rugby Park Killie went a further goal down before going on to win 5-1.

The other mob did it back in the late 60's against a French team. I can't remember if it was Nantes or St Etienne. They also pulled back a 2 goal deficit against Sporting Lisbon a few years later. Killie pulled back a 3 goal deficit against Eintracht back in the day as well - in the return leg at Rugby Park Killie went a further goal down before going on to win 5-1.
The Kilmarnock turnaround is one of the greatest results in Scottish clubs participation in Europe.

. . . . . . until tonight!

Thing is, we didn't even really turn up tonight, certainly not to the levels or quality we did it with last year anyway, and we still turned them over. That cannot be overlooked, makes it even more remarkable.

I agree. We weren't at our best and USG are a decent team but we beat them as I thought we would.

We will get better. Very exciting.

And with Colak scoring, is he the only player to have scored for and against Rangers in Euro competition ?

Own goals don't count.

The first time we have overcome a 2-0 deficit from the first leg of a European tie.

The first time in a lifetime for many of us, I'd almost given up on ever seeing it.

But the team and the fans came through for another memorable and historic night at Ibrox.

Bring on Eindhoven!
I genuinely believed we would get through before the game predicted 3-0 AET, we bettered that. I dont think we can afford to concede a leg against psv the way we did against the Belgians but as a squad we're more than capable of progressing.bring them on

Fantastic achievement for everyone associated with our great club.

I’ve every confidence in Gio and his backroom staff that they are going to lead us to victory over PSV where we will take our seat at the top table in Europe competition!

Was never in doubt. If we turned up tonight we were always turning them over

Some on here said we were being disrespectful and over confident.

No matter the performance last week I knew we were turning this around. You could tell from Lundstram's interview that they were right up for it, having watched Union Saint-Gilloise, I could see they were average at best - organised, disciplined, decent on the counter attack but they were nothing special.

Rangers turn up and produce what we are capable of and there was only one winner - 3 going on 5/6 and we've still got more gears to go through.

Nonetheless, a great achievement to overcome a 2-0 deficit in Europe and make history - credit to players and manager/coaching staff and once again, the support created an atmosphere.

The only negative for me is a hangover on a Wednesday. Champions league should be played on Thursday nights :))

It was said rather well in a post last week, but the change to the away goals rule makes such a thing more possible to achieve.

A good result, but I personally don't think it's that big a deal.
I mean, we have come back from that score (or worse) in individual games before to win in Europe (Braga and Shelbourne to name just 2).

We knew what we had to do, we did it.

Back