We need to get organised for next year's AGM

Whilst the return of the loony questioners is a sign of a return to normality in some ways it's a very abnormal normal.

We need to get a good series of questions ready and distributed and plenty of punters to ask them.

That today was an embarrassment.
I'm sure some of the questioners are plants from the board. They waffle on for ages telling you how long they have been going to Ibrox etc, eating up time that could be used for pertinent questions.

I know the questions shouldn't be vetted but the ones asking them should be.

The Eco warrior and the Old boy asking where's the tickets he was promised are is just a waste.

Regarding the venue for it, How much does it costs to hire the Armadillo ?

Bit of damned if they do, damned if they don’t regard NEH. As plenty had ask for it there when it was built.

At least this why everyone knows it’s too small and can’t complain next year about spending money on another venue.

Unless you get every single shareholder onboard you can never avoid daft questions.

You don’t need to wait for an agm to write to the board for an answer.

If you don’t like the answer you get - don’t vote a director back onto the board.

Anybody said on here what the questions are that we want asked. If you are a shareholder then send your question now saying you did not get the chance to ask at the AGM.
If no reply then tell us what the question is and several can send it in and keep on doing so until we get a reply.
Make sure it is a relevant question that benefits both club and fans.
Rather than complain about others questions get our own heard before the next AGM.
Shareholders are entitled to a reply.

The chairman and more importantly the CEO should have been asked why they sacked a member of staff from the first team set up for made up nonsense which then led to them admitting it was nonsense during the tribunal and ended up losing the case meaning needless money lost by the club. they got off scott free today yet again

the way they have treated some staff beggars belief and shouldn’t be happening at our club
Why didn’t you ask? Who was sacked ?

That was a new low today.
Bad crack when Harris is only number three on the loonball list.
Agree that we need to coordinate and get decent people to ask question fitting of our clubs AGM.
Screams ‘fans group’ doesn’t it…

Who decides what question is relevant and what is a waste of a question ? The usual arrogance on FF that my question is more important than your question. Laura Fawkes (?) of Club 1872 asked perhaps the most sensible question today (player trading model). Some stupid questions asked as well (net zero, ffs !).
I would suggest that the more high profile Web site fans get together and agree on several questions to ask the board.
Maybe the rank and file share holder should submit their questions a week in advance. Then the full list put out to all rank and file shareholders vote for what questions get addressed at the agm. Top 20 questions or something.

Then a spokesperson reads out the questions. And is duly answered.

The standard of questions would have one assuming that everything is fine and we're struggling to fill tome space. Some of these questions were farcical at best.

What was the net zero question? I thankfully missed that one but seeing it being laughed at everywhere confirms it was an embarrassing one?
The same guy who asked the Covid Q last year,genuinely think he’s a mentally challenged.

I was hoping someone would’ve messaged me regarding my query / issue that I had.

Anyone any details of who I could email regarding a genuinely health and safety concern?

What were the key Qs that should have been asked today ?

No reason why they still should not be asked as Bisgrive accepts they must engage with fanbase so field them to him and publish the response on SM imo

AGMs the world over are about cover up and misuse of power by the boards this isn’t only our new Chairman who is playing this game is it ?

Whilst the return of the loony questioners is a sign of a return to normality in some ways it's a very abnormal normal.

We need to get a good series of questions ready and distributed and plenty of punters to ask them.

Spot on.

We all knew the Orange bunnet was going to ask a few questions to waste time for the board. Mygers is another waste of a question. The Net Zero looney wasted another 5-10 minutes. I agree we need to be organised for the next AGM.
Orange bunnet guy is fan with a stick and always hangs around Ibrox early and we'll after game ?
I'm sure he asked Robertson a daft question last year

The two hour once a year AGM is just a box ticking exercise (for all businesses not just Rangers). Little of note ever comes from them.

Fan media should be asking the important questions every opportunity they have during the other 364 days of the year.

There in lies the problem. The time of day, day of the week and time of the year means that the average age of the audience is going to be 55+

I was lucky to have time off to go but at 32 I was easily one of the youngest in the crowd and I could count on both hands the number of people that were plus or minus 10 years from my age.
Hopefully older generations like myself pass down share to our children and encourage them to attend AGM s

We should, totally agree, but we won’t of course, and we will be saying the same thing in 20 years time

Its always going to be a problem when people are approaching the AGM from a supporter/customer perspective rather than as a shareholder concerned with their investment.

Just shows how useless and pathetic C1872 has become. If it really did represent the many rather than the few we would have an effective fan group. Backed by a decent shareholding to be used in conjunction with other holdings. C1872 suffers from a lack of action and far too few contributors to manage any change within C1872. If a campaign was set up to bring in more contributors - to give more fans a proper voice and vote within C2872 - I’d happily put my hand in my pocket again. But as long as a reform group isn’t effectively run - I’ll keep my hands in my pocket. We fought Whyte, Green, Easdales, Ashley etc, together with other Rangers men, to win Rangers back, perhaps we need to think of something similar at C1872. That would give those shouting the most the opportunity to do something positive.

You’ve got to be in it to win it.

The chairman and more importantly the CEO should have been asked why they sacked a member of staff from the first team set up for made up nonsense which then led to them admitting it was nonsense during the tribunal and ended up losing the case meaning needless money lost by the club. they got off scott free today yet again

the way they have treated some staff beggars belief and shouldn’t be happening at our club
Is this something to do with the kit man rumours I’m guessing?

My old boy walked out as the were not enough chairs!! He’s 73! He said it was a shambles at the venue!

No they should not.

That is the job of C1872, bore off and leave fan media alone.
Of course it is, fan media exists because fans support them with subscriptions. Fan media makes a huge deal of not being mainstream media or having an agenda. If they aren’t prepared to ask a question to Bisgrove that should be pitched at an AGM then what’s the point of them. I’d hope they used the access fans pay them to have to ask the sort of questions they want answers to. Mark and FF does a brilliant job, however when he asks us to be more organised for the next AGM id have hoped he would be saying “let’s get organised for the AGM but in the meantime we’ll use the next 364 days to make sure FF pursues the board for the answers we all want”

They'll just dodge them. Like the squad question today.

It would be another waste of a question. They would just say they cannot comment on individual cases.

i really wanted to ask about the recruitment and why we have been so unsuccessful in recent windows but bottled it mainly due to knowing the response would be we have now recruited nils who will oversee it.

this board takes no accountability for mistakes.
That’s the question you want. It’s too easy for them to wriggle out of questions about recruitment but they have a duty to ensure proper governance and accountability at an individual and corporate level.

I said to my mate yesterday that I wonder what daft questions will be asked at the AGM!! There are truly some rockets among our support..

Shareholders need to take responsibility. How many of us (myself included) roll our eyes at the questions but never ask a question ourselves.
Agreed. As much as I’m frustrated at the easy ride the board got today again, I cannot then complain if I’m not willing to put a question to them myself. I am not a great public speaker and would probably stutter and stammer if I did get to ask a question. The frustration I think we are all feeling is that the people who did have the balls to stand up and ask a question didn’t ask the ones we would have liked them to.
What we do to try and ask more serious questions I don’t know. However, I think it shows that those people who did ask questions found them to be relevant to themselves.

I’d be happy to ask a normal question but I work in finance and the AGMs always held at busy times

It would be good to get organised and get the right questions....the way its set up suits,...need to tick a box legally Trying to organise Rangers fans is like knitting fog.Dont know if you could get something in place for one of the chief executive meetings...not heard much about them

The worst thing to happen to the AGM was ordinary punters getting shares and the ability to ask why they don’t get away tickets, or what the club are doing about net zero. You know, the sort of stuff you can ask the SLO or club email!

But those people now get to go home chest puffed out because they spoke to the Rangers board. :eek:

I would rather an MC was able to say “that can be dealt with latter” until a genuine question on the running of the club/company is asked. You’d get so many more meaningful questions.

As a shareholder who can’t make the AGM it’s a waste of my time to listen to those questions and the responses. I can’t be the only one, therefore it is unhelpful.

But I don’t agree with FF vetting questions.

I'm in the US this week, so only just catching up on the questions from today and I'm afraid they were as poor as they have ever been.

Whilst the board are undoubtably committed to the club's well-being, there are real questions to be asked of their management and plans to improve in future. "Why didn't I get a ticket for the Hearts game" is not one of them.

Completely agree. Unfortunately it is always the people with the least to say that are the loudest

I don’t agree with a 2 hour window to ask questions (in fact it’s much less than that).
Every single shareholder should have the opportunity ton ask a question, the questions could be checked for duplication and individuals could easily have their questions answered either at the AGM or afterwards on the clubs website.

Last edited:
That was the worst Agm I've been to, however a big concern of mine was answered at that fan forum last month. New person responsible for recruitment coming in (now confirmed) and change in scouting. Its more video and stats based before sending scouts to watch live games

No surprise to hear this.

Reading through the AGM thread and am sitting here cringing.

What is fxxk is wrong with us?

I don't know how to get to these AGMs but I'd be happy to attend and ask any questions we agreed on.

Where there any Club 1872 reps there? What are they doing these days - they should be hanging their heads in shame?

No surprise to hear this.

Reading through the AGM thread and am sitting here cringing.

What is fxxk is wrong with us?

I don't know how to get to these AGMs but I'd be happy to attend and ask any questions we agreed on.

Where there any Club 1872 reps there? What are they doing these days - they should be hanging their heads in shame?
Laura Fawkes was there and asked 1 of the better questions. Are the board concerned about the lack of quality and saleable assets in the squad and will the manager be supported with funds to improve the squad. Reply was along the lines of board wont comment on the squad but its still being assessed and come January come the summer the board will be ready to support the manager.
Also mentioned the out of contract players that could free up money

I don’t agree with a 2 hour window to ask questions (in fact it’s much less than that).
Every single shareholder should have the opporunity tonask a wuestion, the questions could be checked for duplication and individuals could easily have their questions answered either at the AGM or afterwards on the clubs website.
I dont get why it only lasts a hour. They should be made to sit there until everyone that wants to ask a question has asked. Its 1 day of the year. If they dont have time to clear thwor diaries for one day and sit their for 3/4/5 hours however long it takes they shouldnt be there. 10 questions or whatever it was then bye guys swe you next year isnt good enough. They dont even have the excuse this year of only being able to rent a venue for a few hours. They could still be sitting there now if they wanted to

Back