What a cause to raise funds for!

buzzardbear244

Kev is a personal friend of mine with both of us having served in the Scots Guards and Alistair is a serving member and son of one of my other former comrades. Kev unfortunately has been given less than a year to live and we are trying to make him as comfortable as possible with the remaining time he has left.If you could spare a pound or two to help us assist Kev in this battle it would be much appreciated.Admin if this is not allowed then please delete the thread we will understand.

Small donation made, cancer is an absolute bastard! Lost multiple family members to it. I hope your friend is as comfortable as possible with the time he has left :).

Two of my brothers are ex Scots Guards, I showed them the post, they both know Kev&will pass it around their SG mates.
One of them did say there is something called the Lt. Colonels Fund that can help if you haven't already applied.

Two of my brothers are ex Scots Guards, I showed them the post, they both know Kev&will pass it around their SG mates.
One of them did say there is something called the Lt. Colonels Fund that can help if you haven't already applied.
Aye buddy we know but going through the system takes time and that’s something Kev doesn’t have.

Has he claimed Attendance Allowance which he will get automatically as he has cancer? It is around £90 a week.

Donated what I can, ex Scots guards myself c company 1st battalion. Didn’t know Kev or yourself I don’t think but wish Kev all the best and good on you for sorting out the fund !

Nemo me impune lacessit

Donated what I can, ex Scots guards myself c company 1st battalion. Didn’t know Kev or yourself I don’t think but wish Kev all the best and good on you for sorting out the fund !

Nemo me impune lacessit
Grateful for your Donation Mo as everybody elses,every penny counts,thanks guys n gals.
245211697_3194686370753507_7806475146966136801_n.jpg

Kev is a personal friend of mine with both of us having served in the Scots Guards and Alistair is a serving member and son of one of my other former comrades. Kev unfortunately has been given less than a year to live and we are trying to make him as comfortable as possible with the remaining time he has left.If you could spare a pound or two to help us assist Kev in this battle it would be much appreciated.Admin if this is not allowed then please delete the thread we will understand.

My husband served with Kev as we’ll

Nemo me impune lacasset

This ex Gunner is more than happy to chip in to this worthwhile cause and hope that it reaches it's target in record time.

Sad story and thoughts are with Kev and his family.

Added a donation with the hope I may get some redemption for a terrible act I foisted upon a Guardsman in Pirbright Guard Room… a long time ago.

As an 18 year old we travelled down from the Army Apprentice College in Harrogate for a cultural awareness weekend, mainly around Soho. A long day of drinking caused us to be late back to the bus which was taking us to our Accomodation at Pirbright Barracks. Our CSM was a Scots Guardsman and had set it all up for us.

Long story short the CSM got fed up listening to me on the bus and threw me in the jail when we got to camp. The guys on duty beasted me with all sort of tasks for hours, bed-packs, marching round the square double time and then eventually hand polishing their immaculate floor..

Well I was a wee bit worse for wear, so I thought stuff this hand polishing I will use the bumper.. so I got tore in with the bumper which I hadn’t realised had wire wool on the bottom. Before I knew it I had wrecked the guy in the next cell to mine’s unbelievably shining floor…

Thank god they let me out before he got up cause he would have been pissed off at this scaley wrecking his floor.

Anyway if that guardsman was Kev I hope I have repaid him a little or if not maybe brought a little smile to his face.

Added a donation with the hope I may get some redemption for a terrible act I foisted upon a Guardsman in Pirbright Guard Room… a long time ago.

As an 18 year old we travelled down from the Army Apprentice College in Harrogate for a cultural awareness weekend, mainly around Soho. A long day of drinking caused us to be late back to the bus which was taking us to our Accomodation at Pirbright Barracks. Our CSM was a Scots Guardsman and had set it all up for us.

Long story short the CSM got fed up listening to me on the bus and threw me in the jail when we got to camp. The guys on duty beasted me with all sort of tasks for hours, bed-packs, marching round the square double time and then eventually hand polishing their immaculate floor..

Well I was a wee bit worse for wear, so I thought stuff this hand polishing I will use the bumper.. so I got tore in with the bumper which I hadn’t realised had wire wool on the bottom. Before I knew it I had wrecked the guy in the next cell to mine’s unbelievably shining floor…

Thank god they let me out before he got up cause he would have been pissed off at this scaley wrecking his floor.

Anyway if that guardsman was Kev I hope I have repaid him a little or if not maybe brought a little smile to his face.
My only time in Pirbright was to take part in the All Arms SNCO's Drill Course, 6 weeks of hell in Dec 80/Jan81 but probably the best Social time of my Army career. Work hard and play hard and all that ;) :shh: Although I ended up in jail like everyone else and hated them at the time, the Guards were good at what they done.

My only time in Pirbright was to take part in the All Arms SNCO's Drill Course, 6 weeks of hell in Dec 80/Jan81 but probably the best Social time of my Army career. Work hard and play hard and all that ;) :shh: Although I ended up in jail like everyone else and hated them at the time, the Guards were good at what they done.
Thanks Guys,there's always a story to tell,well done.

Back