What a QPR fan thinks of Michael Beale

ha ha what a a laugh - pick what story you want to tell then ask enough fans till you get one that agrees with you.
I'm sure all the negative stories from Feyenoord fans about GVB were quickly dismissed by us as well. And they turned out to be bang on.

I think with Beale we just need to wait and see how it pans out. He's not even been at QPR long enough for their fans to form a solid opinion

To be fair, some of what that guy is saying sounds like when Gerrard and Beale were here before. 2 narrow 10's, wingers bombing on, teams sussing us out and then us finding it a struggle to play in a different way to break them down.
Also, conceding at set plays.

I hope Beale can be his own man and change things up a but.

Set piece troubles, oh I missed those.
Hopefully we get some players in who dominate the area, and a goalkeeper who collects crosses.

I'm sure all the negative stories from Feyenoord fans about GVB were quickly dismissed by us as well. And they turned out to be bang on.

I think with Beale we just need to wait and see how it pans out. He's not even been at QPR long enough for their fans to form a solid opinion
Your first paragraph gives me the fear i remember reading the gvb comments and thought it was sour grapes,but they where bang on.

That actually seems quite a reasonable piece from the QPR fan.

Obviously Beale and his team have got a few things wrong but they are our guys now and they are smart enough to learn from previous mistakes.

whoever we appoint as a manager will have had poor results and weakness in aspects of his past performance.

We need to wait and see what Beale does, he strikes me as someone that wants to improve. That is a really good starting point.

We shouldn’t be blind to the final parts of the Gerrard era. It wasn’t great. Some of those issues were evident at QPR.

so we need to wait and see.

Can’t see how we can massively change set piece concerns quickly without some personal changes first, reality is we don’t have many players that are really strong in the air.

All the stories about Gio came after 3 years service to the club from fans that didnt have ill will against him, Beales have came after hes pied QPR off after 6 months, their fans are hurting and angry, im sure 5 games ago they were saying hes the best young english coach going or some nonsense. 55 season the sun shone out of gerrards a rse, season after half the fans wanted him hanged for leaving. Opinions change rapidly in football.

Can’t see how we can massively change set piece concerns quickly without some personal changes first, reality is we don’t have many players that are really strong in the air.
All the players that are good in the air are either injured Goldson Helander or left Balogun Katic.

TWO number10’s!

Houston we have a problem. We have one number 10 who has been an outstanding servant however he sadly he’s no longer a 90 minute guy that we can build a team around.

ha ha what a a laugh - pick what story you want to tell then ask enough fans till you get one that agrees with you.
This is not a new method, it has been the practice for years and years.

For example, how often do you hear studio presenters asking reporters on the streets of some town " What's the feeling of the people of XXXXXX about YYYY", and then we have maybe 2 interviews and we are conditioned to believe that 2 people represent the opinions of the residents of a town of 50,000 population.

Talking of the press and Michael Beale.

Picture the scene

January 2nd, Celtic batter Rangers first half and lead 1-0. Beale makes changes and Rangers fight back for a deserved 2-1 victory.

Headlines the next day

“Wee Beale Wobbles But Doesn’t Fall Down”.

There's no doubt there are some red flags but we knew them already. Set piece frailty, aimless crossing from full backs, struggling to overcome a low block, and lack of bodies in the box. Beale has to accept these issues and find new solutions otherwise we will be welcoming someone else in 12 months. I think we all know that, I'm praying he does.

TWO number10’s!

Houston we have a problem. We have one number 10 who has been an outstanding servant however he sadly he’s no longer a 90 minute guy that we can build a team around.
I think that’s the positions more like pre Gio, when Kent played slightly more inside rather than hugging the line. The others would be Lawrence and Hagi when fit, Tilman, Sakala, Arfield and Wright, possibly Lowry. It’s closer to the roles Kent and Aribo/Hagi played previously, with width provided by Tav/Barasic.

Your first paragraph gives me the fear i remember reading the gvb comments and thought it was sour grapes,but they where bang on.
Maybe, as part of our recruitment preparations, we should ask the clubs fans what they think of their manager or players before we hire.

tbf, Beale was in the process of trying to mould a team that he wanted at QPR, with no money, of course there'd still be kinks in his team, he'd no been there long enough to completely iron out all QPR's problems

Maybe, as part of our recruitment preparations, we should ask the clubs fans what they think of their manager or players before we hire.

I can imagine it the now, QPR fans not taking it too well. Their FF equivalent will be on melt down, like raging ex’s bad mouthing him. Some clown on here, First bad result we get, aye QPR fans warned us I told you all we should have listened to them, horseshoe, horseshoe 4-4-2 ”raging face” emoji

I can imagine it the now, QPR fans not taking it too well. Their FF equivalent will be on melt down, like raging ex’s bad mouthing him. Some clown on here, First bad result we get, aye QPR fans warned us I told you all we should have listened to them, horseshoe, horseshoe 4-4-2 ”raging face” emoji
Pretty much exactly how I see it.
Add on how it was a lazy appointment and stuff like that and how we should have went for x whose fans would have started the whole circle again.

Shows the standard of journalism these days that they literally printed Kenneth Powell instead of Kenneth Paal as one of the full backs

I don’t think he’s going to last long managing any team if he blames the players when things don’t go his way. I hope Beale turns out to be a much better manager than he appears on this video.

I recall too.

Thar along with being sacked in China gave me the fear. I remember a poster asking what would you want EL or SPFL.

For me, I wanted the league to put the Orcs in their place again and secure direct CL access. Many, I think were blinded by the EL run.

I sincerely hope, MB doesn't adopt a Plan A and stick to it, if it's not working.

And here we are, no SPFL again or at least it's heading that way.

Back