What if?

OK, so what if the season is void?

What does a void season mean?

• All competitions voided, or just those undecided?
• No titles awarded, no promotion or relegation?
• All results voided?
• Goalscoring and other records don’t count?
• European coefficient points voided?
• Who qualifies for Europe for next season?
• How is prize money distributed?

I’m sure there are many other questions. This isn’t just about who wins the league. And, of course, it’s not just about Scotland.

The asterisk year.
Season not finished.
No promotion, no relegation
Results and goals still stand as they were played but no titles were won and nobody is relegated yet.

• All results voided?

I’m sure there are many other5 questions. This isn’t just about who wins the league. And, of course, it’s not just about Scotland.
All results null and void which means you never beat us 0-1 and it can be put down to a bad dream. Sounds good to me. Means it'll just be the threat of the virus that keeps me awake now...

Everything null and void and all European tournaments cancelled next season Is the only option As it takes away the problem of deciding who gets European places etc

If this crisis had happened when we were a point behind with our game in hand, who would they appoint champions.

They wouldn't appoint champions - which is the exact reason there will be no titles or relegations dished out this season unless it can be completed in full.

An unfinished race is an unfinished race.

My take:

Just those undecided

Just those undecided, in both directions (i.e to be relegated, the league below would need to be decided.)

• All results voided?
Results would need to stay on the basis decided titles/relegations were decided.

Records would need to stay on the basis decided titles/relegations were decided.

Records would need to stay on the basis decided titles/relegations were decided.

Same as last season, excepting where titles/positions have been decided in full.

Equally would be the fairest way.

I’m sure there are many other questions. This isn’t just about who wins the league. And, of course, it’s not just about Scotland.
I'd say it was even more important to those clubs who'd be relegated. And for this reason alone, we couldn't start dishing out 'projected' results.

Back