What's going on at Larne Football Club?

mdingwall

Administrator
What's going on at Larne Football Club?

via @YouTube

Larne Football Club will play a Rangers XI on Wednesday 17th October.

Tickets are available from the Larne RSC - contact them at larneranger1963@gmail.com

Kenny Bruce, the entrepreneur behind Purple Bricks has bought Larne FC - his home-town team.

Millions are being spend on upgrading the ground and laying foundations for a sustainable club.

Here, Gavin Clements, the Commercial Director, gives us a behind the scenes look at the work being done.

Hate to say it as a linfield fan but the guys putting his money where his mouth is and from what I've heard has big plans for them.
Whether they match his ambitions only time will tell,but I guess it's every fans dream to have someone like him willing to invest in their club.

I know Gavin Clements & his familywell, word is here as the poster above says, the purplebricks guy is ploughing his money into them.

My wee boys team played their youth team the other week, literally 5 year olds and they are being funded and trained too.

I think they are like the Man City of the Irish League, they were just an average mid table side in the championship and now that the money and loads of good quality players have arrived, the can push for a serious title challenge.

Interesting stuff. 2 new stands and safe standing. Enjoy watching the Irish League and think it's very important to maintain relationships between Rangers and the teams there.

I think they are like the Man City of the Irish League, they were just an average mid table side in the championship and now that the money and loads of good quality players have arrived, the can push for a serious title challenge.

They obviously want to get into the top division but the overall plan is to get up there and have a self-sustaining club. The investment is very heavily into the pitch and surrounding facilities which will then be gifted to a charity which will run the site and the football club will play there.

And for once a local guy (albeit one who moved to England when he was young) is putting something back into his hometown town and club. I grew up watching Larne from
the late 70’s until I moved away in 2000 and apart from a spell in the 80’s and 90’s we’ve been pretty poor. If Bruce hadn’t put his money in the club would most probably have went to the amateur league like happened to Bangor. The big thing for me is that the local businesses are buying into the football club now which hardly ever happened when I was younger and it was more or less left to the supporters clubs to try and raise cash. Im told there’s a great buzz about the town and for the future plans for the club which is fantastic. Anyone heading over got the game will have a great time.

And for once a local guy (albeit one who moved to England when he was young) is putting something back into his hometown town and club. I grew up watching Larne from
the late 70’s until I moved away in 2000 and apart from a spell in the 80’s and 90’s we’ve been pretty poor. If Bruce hadn’t put his money in the club would most probably have went to the amateur league like happened to Bangor. The big thing for me is that the local businesses are buying into the football club now which hardly ever happened when I was younger and it was more or less left to the supporters clubs to try and raise cash. Im told there’s a great buzz about the town and for the future plans for the club which is fantastic. Anyone heading over got the game will have a great time.
Irish league has been gaining a lot of publicity. a lot of young players have went over and smashed it like Paul Smyth and Gavin Whyte, and many big names have came over like Paddy McCourt, Sammy Clingan, Novo. its good to see

Back