When Admiral Were The Kings of Football Shirt Cool

As a young kid in the mid 70s i had the Leeds away yellow strip as above. Probably my favourite of all time.
Maybe its like your first bird. :D

I remember the Admiral Leeds yellow shirt with the blue white stripe down the sleeves. They gave you the choice of two club badges to iron- on, a traditional Leeds badge or a more modern " smiley " design.

A cracking wee article here.

No picture, however, of the infamous chocolate brown Coventry City effort, which is probably worth a fortune these days. :))

Own up. Who had an Admiral shirt or kit.?

I’m fairly sure the Lawrence Group owned Admiral late 80’s.

No picture, however, of the infamous chocolate brown Coventry City effort, which is probably worth a fortune these days. :))

I’m fairly sure the Lawrence Group owned Admiral around 1987-88 pre sale of Rangers to David Murray. Anyone else remember that?

Some really iconic strips England ‘82 among them but my God some we’re just absolutely shocking and those tracksuits …..

up close i wasnt keen with the watermark pattern thing going on but got used to it. maybe the hately v aberdeen game helped! the away kit was pretty good. overall, not eh worst kit we have ever had. diadorra :shudder:

i sold my for about £20 to someone on the board about 6/7 years ago. judging from some of the prices on classic shirt sites it was a bad mistake!

Oh, and my shellshuit still stayed white after washing :)
1990-92-rangers-admiral-home-s-35853-1.jpg
still have that top

up close i wasnt keen with the watermark pattern thing going on but got used to it. maybe the hately v aberdeen game helped! the away kit was pretty good. overall, not eh worst kit we have ever had. diadorra :shudder:

i sold my for about £20 to someone on the board about 6/7 years ago. judging from some of the prices on classic shirt sites it was a bad mistake!

Oh, and my shellshuit still stayed white after washing :)
1990-92-rangers-admiral-home-s-35853-1.jpg
Love that top, apparently Souness had a lot of input into it.

I had the red Wales one from late 70’s, same template as the brown Coventry one

Back