When Mojo fell out with Souness

I can’t say I was delighted when he signed, but when Rangers announced a preseason v Airdrie I went. Watching Rangers is a privilege not to be disrespected.

Did he not step out of line again the following year, causing Murray to insist he was sold?

I remember Walter trying to sign him back in 1995 during an injury crisis and Murray pulled the plug because he didn’t want him anywhere near us again?

You could say that about every player we signed who wasn't brought up a Rangers fan.
He was a great signing for the club.

Very true.

There are a few ex players that would have you think that they never played for us. Steven Thompson and Richard Foster jump to mind.

At least Mojo doesn’t shy away from it.

I was still in school when he signed but I remember how much it hurt them, it was the start of a glorious period for us.

Yes absolutely. Totally different person.
The point is that both were Celtic fans, Johnston an ex-player of theirs whose signing for us did them massive damage and tbh he was one of our most important signings. No matter how much you try to ignore him, Johnston was a great signing for Rangers.
You may not like him but your dislike of him but that pales into insignificance compare to the hovel dwellers hatred of him, which has been great to see over the years.

The point is that both were Celtic fans, Johnston an ex-player of theirs whose signing for us did them massive damage and tbh he was one of our most important signings. No matter how much you try to ignore him, Johnston was a great signing for Rangers.
You may not like him but your dislike of him but that pales into insignificance compare to the hovel dwellers hatred of him, which has been great to see over the years.
Johnston was more than a Celtic supporter he rubbed it in our faces at every opportunity. Get real I got taken away by the police when he crossed himself in front of me. He is was and always will be a charlatan. Guys on here do not get it I do not care that he was a Celtic supporter he portrayed himself as someone who hated us. That is a fact. Very good football player who should never had played for Rangers.

Wasn't the story in Italy something along the lines of the club was based in a hotel where there was also a medical conference going on, with elite surgeons (or people of that ilk attending) and Johnston's inner tramp manifested, which led to him deciding to remain up drinking in the bar all night, eventually offering-up square goes (no dugs or drones involved) to the staff who were trying to usher him back to his room.

To be fair to Johnston, he had been under extraordinary pressure for an entire year leading up to this incident, so I suppose you can see why he was cracking a bit.

None and that is true. I never doubted his ability and would never deny that as a player he gave us another dimension, but he was and is a caaant.
And before you ask I was Govan Front, in line with penalty box where he scored v them and did not even stand up.
Not a chance you’re a Bear. Another infiltrator looking to cause trouble.

Johnston was more than a Celtic supporter he rubbed it in our faces at every opportunity. Get real I got taken away by the police when he crossed himself in front of me. He is was and always will be a charlatan. Guys on here do not get it I do not care that he was a Celtic supporter he portrayed himself as someone who hated us. That is a fact. Very good football player who should never had played for Rangers.
That says more about you than it does Maurice Johnston.

And about 99.9% of them quickly ditched the "I'm more than staunch than you" act and got back to supporting the team.
They did because they love the club but it was a very controversial move at the time my dad hated him but he did celebrate his goals

They did because they love the club but it was a very controversial move at the time my dad hated him but he did celebrate his goals
I genuinely didn't see it that way. Rangers were getting a top class striker and destroying Celtic and every Tim at the same time. What's not to love?

Back