Which was the better goal? Mendes v Miller

Mendes or Miller

• Pedro

Votes: 289 88.1%
  • Alex

Votes: 39 11.9%

• Total voters
Kenny Miller's first in the 3-1 at piggery is so often overlooked. Hit on the volley from about 20 yards out right in the very bottom corner. Forster never even moved.

His volley two seasons earlier was also brilliant

Mendes was one of the greatest goals Rangers have ever scored, but Miller's was perhaps more important in the context of a match.
By the way, it was hilarious to see the contempt that Bud had for Provan as Provan showed that he was a 'dick' long before he would go on to make being a 'dick' a career choice.

Both belters. Pedro's is a better goal for me - however, a right good mention has to go for Miller's with Provan being a wanker in it and a goal coming out of it. Fine finish too.

Pedro's goal might well be in the top 10 in our entire history. It's impossible to overstate how good a strike that is, it's world class technique.

Looks like I overrated Alex Miller's goal, this is a landslide!

Maybe an age thing, maybe the fact I have such amazing memories of the last minute celebrations, because I still prefer the 1980 goal.

Gotta be Mendes. Training ground move completed to perfection.
I‘m sure Kevin Thomson said the only planning for this came when Smith told them that the septic defence left a bit of space in that striking area when defending a corner.

Voted for Pedro as it was a brilliantly executed goal. Was at the Piggery when Miller scored and enjoyed it immensely. I seem to recall we won a Glasgow Cup tie there round about that time. I was at the game but memory is not as good as it used to be. Seem to recall Sandy Jardine scoring & a 3-1 win but I stand to be corrected if this is not the case.

I went to Dusseldorf on the Clarkston bus from the McDonald Hotel back in late seventies, or very early eighties.

A good few of our older members who still go every week would've been on that bus mate.

At the time of the Pedro goal, my 2 daughters were both young so I’d sneak off upstairs to watch the games and generally keep quiet to avoid them coming upstairs and bothering me (note to Childline, Mrs was at home as well).

Couldn’t contain myself after the Pedro goal and the Mrs knew after the match we’d been playing them saying “that wasn’t any old noise after that goal, it was definitely a Celtic game”.

Vote Pedro

Voted for Pedro as it was a brilliantly executed goal. Was at the Piggery when Miller scored and enjoyed it immensely. I seem to recall we won a Glasgow Cup tie there round about that time. I was at the game but memory is not as good as it used to be. Seem to recall Sandy Jardine scoring & a 3-1 win but I stand to be corrected if this is not the case.
You are right mate,midweek Glasgow cup ,and it was 3-1 to The Bears. Every time I see the Miller goal from 1980 I get that Tom Hark song in my head. Our great support were going mental that day. I can remember going to.the game,I remember the game ,I remember Jazzer Bett scoring,then Miller scoring the winner ,I can't remember anything after leaving the ground . A lot of drink was involved!

I was there to witness Pedro's and what a goal it was, but I've watched footage of Alex Miller's goal countless times and seeing the whole Rangers end explode when it goes in is amazing.

Parkhead must've been incredible as a Gers supporter in the 70s and early 80s,

I also know what that goal meant to Bears of that era, as we hadn't won in the league there since 1974, despite winning 2 trebles.

Throw in the fact it was a last minute winner too.

I'm voting Alex Miller.

The goal meant much more.
Voted for Alex, as that gave me my 1st victory at th piggery.
WATP

Today's poll features 2 cracking strikes at the Rangers end of Parkhead, both in slightly unexpected wins there, and both in August near the start of the season.
Neither player scored all that often but they found the perfect time to find the net.

If you had to choose between them, which was the better goal?

FFS really? :)

Gotta be Mendes. Training ground move completed to perfection.

I'd go for Mendes as well. I'm not sure this was a training ground move though. I'm pretty sure I was watching an interview with someone [possibly the Miller/Si Ferry interview] and he said Walter had just mentioned it at half time as he noticed they were leaving a lot of space outside the box at corners.

Voted Miller simply because as a youngster remember doing the subway loyal when we heard the roar,

Both goals are belters. I went for Pedro's, but the thing that was as good as Miller's half volley was wee Bud's throw in, over distance, flat, to feet with pin point accuracy.

Very few players these days do that type of throw in, other that the long distance lobbers, a lot of players look lost at throw in rather than see it as an opportunity.

Mendes was looking right along the goal line that day never forget the net bulging after that ping

Back