Who do we think will take the iconic Number 10 squad number next season?

Bizarrely 10 hasn’t been that iconic a number for us- except Durrant.
However it’s an iconic football number and should be reserved for a special player- a game changer.
Cantwell likes having a traditionally unlucky number so hopefully that icon has still to arrive.
For what it’s worth I hope it’s Tillman

Think Hagi should ditch 7 and take 10 in a symbolic change. Who gets 8 after jacks extra year is up maybe a bigger question maybe. Either way it’s not the number that matters, it’s the weight of the badge and need players to step up to our history and attitude. We love you rangers we do…. I’ve had a few…

We’d need to open shops in downtown Bucharest and Istanbul, well a large market stall, to keep up with demand.
Don’t worry the turkish shops will have the kits ready for sale before a number change is even confirmed. In fact they’re probably already on sale after someone read this thread.

Who actually cares. Neither got it but had short periods of brilliance particularly Alfie but at the end of the day never appreciated the jersey the wore. More interested where Scotty goes

Durrant was 10 from Souness' arrival until that assault.

Number 9 and 11 are the iconic shirts at the club.

McCoist, DJ, Albertz, Laudrup, Cooper. There's 5 legends in those numbers right away.
I always considered number four to be the our top number, our main man.
Greig, Gough and Amoruso!

This may come as a shock to many however....

If all the recovery goes to plan phsyically for Davis and his body responds well, he will sign a deal with us until the end of the season.

This may come as a shock to many however....

If all the recovery goes to plan phsyically for Davis and his body responds well, he will sign a deal with us until the end of the season.
That's as may be but he won't have a squad number at the start of the season.

Generational for me.

1 Goram
2 Ricksen
3 Amo celebrations at parkhead
4 Gough
5 Alan McLaren or Numan
6 Barry Ferguson
7 Cannigia
8 Gazza
9 McCoist
10 Hateley
11 Laudrup

Majority will have something different.
Can't really argue with that, other than Numan has no competitor and 2 probably belongs to the best rightback we've had in 20 odd years. Our current captain.

Generational for me.

1 Goram
2 Ricksen
3 Amo celebrations at parkhead
4 Gough
5 Alan McLaren or Numan
6 Barry Ferguson
7 Cannigia
8 Gazza
9 McCoist
10 Hateley
11 Laudrup

Majority will have something different.
Purely based on the number, not position, the names per number who immediately comes to mind are:

1. Goram
2. McCall/Ricksen
3. Robertson
4. Gough
5. Numan
6. Brown/Barry Ferguson
7. Trevor Steven
8. Ian Ferguson/Gazza
9. McCoist
10. Hateley
11. Huistra/Laudrup

He had 14 at Norwich but couldn't get it when he signed.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him change to that next season.
Footballers can be quite superstitious so I reckon, after an excellent start, he’ll stick with thirteen.

Purely based on the number, not position, the names per number who immediately comes to mind are:

1. Goram
2. McCall/Ricksen
3. Robertson
4. Gough
5. Numan
6. Brown/Barry Ferguson
7. Trevor Steven
8. Ian Ferguson/Gazza
9. McCoist
10. Hateley
11. Huistra/Laudrup
Whilst that's a nice list to look at, the numbers 11 and 8 are synonymous with 2 players, heavily.

Whilst that's a nice list to look at, the numbers 11 and 8 are synonymous with 2 players, heavily.
8 and 11 for me have a 90’s crossover period. I’ll always think of Ian Ferguson when 8 is mentioned, as iconic as Gazza is.

I f**king loved Ian Ferguson.

I didn’t say Cooper for 11 because I was only a boy when he played for us, I was about to turn 10 when he left. Laudrup is the obvious one for many of us, he definitely made that number his own but Huistra, Albertz and Mikhailichenko are other shouts.

Spoiled mate, that’s what we were.

1. Goram
2. McCall/Ricksen
3. Robertson
4. Gough
5. Numan
6. Brown/Barry Ferguson
7. Trevor Steven
8. Ian Ferguson/Gazza
9. McCoist
10. Hateley
11. Huistra/Laudrup
Just on numbers:
1. Goram
2. Jardine
3. Greig
4. Gough
5. Souness (the first time I’d seen a number five who wasn’t a centre half)
6. Dave Smith
7. Cooper (first left footed, right winger I’d seen)
8. Russell
9.McCoist
10. Hateley
11. Laudrup

One for dh63 here, Derek Johnstone would be the second name on at least four of those numbers!

When asked after he signed I believe Cantwell said that he chose the number 13 because he wanted a number he could make his own, I doubt he would change it now.

I think you might see a fair few Cantwell 13 shirts outside Ibrox next year.

Back