Who is last Rangers striker thats better than Morelos?

Bizarre response.

As noted earlier in the thread, it really is strange when people get upset when someone highlights the exceptional qualities of one of our own players???

Probably because he hasn’t achieved anything yet. You just completely dismissed Jelavic and Mols in your post. Players who won titles, cups, scored winners against Celtic, scored goals in league deciders. Mols scored 5 in the champions league for us.

I think it’s a bit insulting to former greats claiming that a player who’s still a bit raw and hasn’t come close to matching their achievements is better than them. Morelos may yet prove himself worthy of being compared favourably to those players but until he improves his frankly poor record against Celtic, wins some cups and, especially, contributes to a league title then he doesn’t warrant comparison.

In my lifetime mccoist, prso and mols were great, but (hypothetically)would you pick them ahead of Morelos?
Think Gerrard's influence is rubbing off andAlfredo respects Gerrard for what he is.
Love the way Alfredo runs at defenses and drags them out of position. Must be so hard to play against.
Mark Hateley. I think Ally as well

As others have said, Jelavic was technically better but I'd have Morelos in my team before him.

Morelos basically has the strength of Cousin with the goalscoring prowess of Boyd.

Harsh criteria...worth remembering that Miller & Jelavic played in much better teams than Morelos. Also, a lot of players go through their entire careers without silverware but they're still top players. Defoe being a prime example.

cant agree there at all. if the had boyds talent for scoring he'd have a few goals against the mentally challengeds by now.

Reactions: NSB
Who would you pick in these curcumstances. For me:

Scottish cup final v them: McCoist
European tie v top team: Hateley
Away league games: Alfredo
Tight game one chance: Jelavic
Must win game: Cooper

that doesnt make sense, davie cooper up front? why wouldnt you play Ally or Hateley in Away league games?

Prso was a great player but not for Rangers
His knees were knackered and whilst he battled like a warrior he probably missed more games than he played for us
Was decent when he played but to be a great player you have to actually play which sadly he didnt
Morelos has missed hardly any games through injury and that is a very valuable attribute

Prso was fuqin excellent for us

Probably because he hasn’t achieved anything yet. You just completely dismissed Jelavic and Mols in your post. Players who won titles, cups, scored winners against Celtic, scored goals in league deciders. Mols scored 5 in the champions league for us.

I think it’s a bit insulting to former greats claiming that a player who’s still a bit raw and hasn’t come close to matching their achievements is better than them. Morelos may yet prove himself worthy of being compared favourably to those players but until he improves his frankly poor record against Celtic, wins some cups and, especially, contributes to a league title then he doesn’t warrant comparison.

I’d argue that the fact Morelos has been banging in the goals despite being in far poorer Rangers sides than the ones Jelavic or Mols played in shows just how good he is.

Basically talking him down for not single handedly winning us trophies when he joined at a time when Celtic have a wage bill double ours is ridiculous, and none of that is his fault.

I’d argue that the fact Morelos has been banging in the goals despite being in far poorer Rangers sides than the ones Jelavic or Mols played in shows just how good he is.

Basically talking him down for not single handedly winning us trophies when he joined at a time when Celtic have a wage bill double ours is ridiculous, and none of that is his fault.

No that’s not what I said. I said contribute to league titles and cups.

Jelavic and Mols shined in and significantly improved far better Rangers teams. They were the finished article though and Morelos is still young and a bit raw. It’s ludicrous to claim he’s better right now.

Morelos is an exciting player who will improve no doubt but people get carried away and entrenched in these kind of threads and end up talking down and dismissing players who contributed to better times and ignoring Morelos flaws.

And yet for as many goals as he’s scored, for all the times he gotten us out of jail, he’s yet to find the net against the unwashed.

One for the statheads, but when was the last time the club’s attacking figurehead played this many OF games without breaking his duck?

Hopefully when/if he does, the dam with burst and he’ll score more.

Maybe it’s just destined not to happen.

I’d have peak Hateley above even Super! When Ally was injured, the big man carried the whole club on his back and yet he got stronger, faster and more ruthless than he ever was before.
Mark Hateley was an absolute beast for about a season and a half. He frightened everyone in Scottish football.

Well said.

Very underrated in terms of what he done.

He is still held in high regard.

Jelavic and miller at their peak were better than Alfie.

Caveat: Alfie hasn’t hit his peak yet so it’s not fully comparing apples with apples.

Can’t understand the hard on many have for Jelavic in this context.

I liked him but nowhere near Prso on any level.

I am a Morelos convert. I was not convinced and am delighted to have been put back in my box, he is our most important player.

However

I can't believe people are shrugging off his dire record against the filth as if it doesn't matter.....it certainly does matter.

Once he has ticked that box, he will deserve comparison to the great players being mentioned. I can see him being "preferred" to Mccoist, Miller, Prso, but I will be (pleasantly) surprised if he attains the level of Hateley or Mols while still a Rangers player.

Reactions: NSB
Back