Who will thrive under Beale?

Got to laugh at this tbh. Are we really blaming Gio for Kent underperforming?

Are we going to forget that his performances have been pretty rotten for the majority of his time here? Other than the season we won the league and a few European games last year he's been average at best and his numbers reflect this.
In part yes - GVB tactics were awful - by the time we got the ball to kent he was surrounded by opponents - but to be fair Kent also took the wrong option too often as well

Nice little meme you've got there, except it doesn't really work considering you said the Ryan Kent show returns. Basically alluding to the fact that his downturn in form was due to Gio.

I was happy to correct you.

You're welcome.
Awful response, why so rattled haha

I think plenty of the squad will flourish is we play a system that suits their strengths.

No1 thing to do is get a system that gets people close to each other both in and out of possession rather than the disjointed mess we saw in large parts of Gios tenure

agreed - but if we did get Alfie to sign then I would hope that we would sell pretty quick - just think he is not as focused as he should be and lets team down too often
I’m more than happy for the squad to be broke up if it’s replaced with real quality,judging by the last few windows that’s an extremely long shot.

Barring personality clashes they will all benefit because he is a good coach, Gio and Gerrard nothing against them but their status as players must have elevated their standing as managers. For Beale he's no doubt had to work twice as hard, twice as good at points to make up the same ground.

Thriving of course is different to benefiting and it will be interesting to see who comes on the most, but I strongly believe progress will happen quickly. Working on the assumption that he was the brains of 55, he should now have far greater power to exercise his skill.

No way back for Kent for me.

I'd love it if he turned up and played brilliantly for the remainder of his contract, but that's where he and Rangers should part IMO. He's never produced that form for long enough and as much as people malign the "numbers" argument, his are grim enough that it becomes impossible to ignore.
He isn’t worth a new contract we can get better for our money

Short-term - Kamara, Kent & Morelos (realistically they can’t be any worse), they should be sold.

Long-term - King, Yilmaz

He still has to get rid of half a dozen + come summer at the latest. These guys have had enough chances.

I’m more than happy for the squad to be broke up if it’s replaced with real quality,judging by the last few windows that’s an extremely long shot.
Was only talking about Alfie - And we are never ever buying real quality mate - its not a market we operate in - in region of £5m is prob our max - we are looking for bargains that can be turned into quality - like Alfiie of his first few years/Kamara etc

Was only talking about Alfie - And we are never ever buying real quality mate - its not a market we operate in - in region of £5m is prob our max - we are looking for bargains that can be turned into quality - like Alfiie of his first few years/Kamara etc
So you want us to gamble and get rid in the hope we find another gem who can do the same job as Morelos has done for us for buttons?

We have to sign them up for new deals if we want to get money for them.

There's really no benefit for them signing deals unless they want to as they know if they are free agents they could get a decent signing-on fee if a team comes in for them.
Deals will be signed imo & they will be big players under Beale,hopefully anyway.

Would love for Beale to find a way for Morelos Kent & Colak to play in a front 3.

Andy Halliday said on the David Martindale interview expect Kamara to start every game. Beale must love him
Came here to say the same! Think this could make a huge difference for us. Having someone who can drive the team forward through the middle - and not just using the FBs to cross in. Excited.

Deals will be signed imo & they will be big players under Beale,hopefully anyway.

Would love for Beale to find a way for Morelos Kent & Colak to play in a front 3.
What annoys me is we have a good team but they are not making the best of what they have and behaving unprofessionally, If our players played to the level we all know they can we would not be in this position.
I think some have been here too long and are bored playing the same teams four times a season and it shows.

I think Glen Kamara is a cert to flourish under Mr B. He lost his way under GVB but is a class act who just needs the feeling that he is wanted.

So sign a new deal now and get 5-10 mill in January? Let’s be realistic mate.
Correct - if you read the profiles of the new coaching team they are all on page with the 100% professionalism - Alfie cannot meet the standard required for any length of time. I therefore think its best that we get him to sign a new deal and punt him and 2nd best that we punt him in Jan if he doesnt sign for pretty much anything we can get - unfortunately I think we will get 3rd best where he walks in the summer for hee haw having sulked his way through his final 6/7 months

Correct - if you read the profiles of the new coaching team they are all on page with the 100% professionalism - Alfie cannot meet the standard required for any length of time. I therefore think its best that we get him to sign a new deal and punt him and 2nd best that we punt him in Jan if he doesnt sign for pretty much anything we can get - unfortunately I think we will get 3rd best where he walks in the summer for hee haw having sulked his way through his final 6/7 months
Watch the Currie interview with Beale and listen to how he speaks about Morelos,it will surprise you.

Not really obsessed, but if you're happy with Kent only scoring 4 goals in a calendar year or whatever pathetic figure it is then crack on.
The point of the thread or the question was not about who has done well or being happy with their form it was about who might improve under Beale

In your opinion(or a pointless one) you will say my numbers suggest Tav as he has scored lots of goals and has plenty of assists. Passing says Lundstrum as he keeps it simple, very very very simple and usually finds his man. Very accurate.

Most other posters believe the numbers stuff is bollocks a lot of the time and wont care if for example Kent does not score or assist but manages to find his form and we start winning games. He is still a very good footballer despite playing pesh so far and not scoring well on these stats.

Just a little topic of conversation

Of the signings that we made who do you think benefits most from his arrival and who are you hoping he brings on the most?

And if any of the signings will fit into the way he would like to play. Granted we don’t have much to play with what with the injuries at present.
Couldn’t find a relevant thread for this but could he bring Balogun back? Our defence is non existent just now and he’d crawl up from London to play for us?

Watch the Currie interview with Beale and listen to how he speaks about Morelos,it will surprise you.
Already have Chief - I dont think alfie has the minerals to deliver - we can agree to disagree - I would be delighted if he signed a new deal and delivered for us - just think he has already checked out - time will tell

Currently no excuse either and look at him.

Yep.

I'm pretty sure Rangers would shift him, if they got a reasonable offer.

His lack of professionalism and commitment has been disgusting.
He's made absolutely no effort to get himself fit.

It's destroyed the feelings the majority of us had for him.

I think plenty of the squad will flourish is we play a system that suits their strengths.

No1 thing to do is get a system that gets people close to each other both in and out of possession rather than the disjointed mess we saw in large parts of Gios tenure
Thats an excellent point very good post.

The gaps are massive the need to be more compact and closer for 1/2s etc.

Already have Chief - I dont think alfie has the minerals to deliver - we can agree to disagree - I would be delighted if he signed a new deal and delivered for us - just think he has already checked out - time will tell

Wrong post.

Last edited:
I'll start with a disclaimer, that this post is about line ups / formations but imo, the most important part of a manager, is his man management ability, can he get the best from the players, put his players in the best position to succeed (on & off the pitch), get his players to buy into the vision / philosophy etc.

MB once stated "Are we playing together or just at the same time” Emphasising that his role at Rangers is not to teach players how to play necessarily, but to teach them how to play football together with a shared vision and understanding.

For me, this was something missing from Gio and his team. Might just be words from MB, time will tell but the principle is solid.

Back to formations, it will be interesting to see how we line up / formation wise. I believe he used both 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 at QPR.

Under Gerrard we played 4-3-3 (with wide wingers) but changed to a 4-2-3-1 for a short time, before settling (mostly) back on a 4-3-3 with two 10s (I believe to help Defoe).

At Villa, they played mostly 4-3-3 with two 10s but when things started going pear shape, they moved to a 4-3-1-2.

For me with the personal we have I prefer 4-3-3 (with two 10s), as we have a number of tens in the squad.

I like the look of Lawrence (left 10) and Hagi (right 10), (when both are fit), both get into the box, both create, both can score and both can shoot, when it's on.

We also have alternatives in Arfield (gives us something slightly different, as he gets ahead of the ball), Tillman (will be interesting to see how much game time he gets with MB and his thoughts on his work rate), Kent (more of a wide player but can MB re-ignite him), Lowry would be great in this formation, not to mention Wright / Matondo (again more of a wide players).

This would negate our inability to find / play with a solid right winger (not to mention our left winger is not standing up to be counted at the moment).

For me, 4-2-3-1, where Kent, Sakala, Wright and Matondo have failed to deliver this year, under Gio.

Imo, the bigger issue, is the lack of box - box midfielders, wither that’s, one or two box-box midfielders, which will help create overloads, which is a big part of MB philosophy.

Lundstram can play this role and maybe Lawrence can play deeper, but this area needs invested in.

Personally, I would also like a deeper lying playmaker (No. 6), than a Defensive Midfielder, he will still hold deep but be more influential on the ball (Davis at his peak).

Some may say Kamara for both the 6 and/or 8 roles. To me Kamara is a neat and tidy player, rarely gives the ball away, which is why he is used / preferred sometimes in European games, but he doesn’t stamp his authority on the game, he is not the best defensively / reading of the game and does not play enough forward passes between lines for the 6 role. Does not have the drive and attacking acumen to play the box-box (maybe that can change under MB).

Note: For those moaning about 3 holding midfields under Gerrard and Beale. Beale has stated previously, he doesn't like playing with one holding midfielder, as he wants overloads further up the pitch, overloads out wide and centrally.

I also think the inside 10s and box-box midfielders, will help Colak and his hold up play. He struggles mightily when isolated but with others closer, he will find it easier or we will be more likely to pick up 50/50s. Obviously Morelos would be better but we simply don’t know where he is at (fitness, head etc.)

Yep.

I'm pretty sure Rangers would shift him, if they got a reasonable offer.

His lack of professionalism and commitment has been disgusting.
He's made absolutely no effort to get himself fit.

It's destroyed the feelings the majority of us had for him.
Is the thread not about who will thrive under Beale?

Whoever doesn't thrive needs shown the door.

He's going to need a squad of players champing at the bit to play for him. 1 to 11 on that park and a queue of hungry subs waiting to come on to show their worth as well. Admit it or not, that's what we're up against across the city. We've got to match or better that so I sincerely hope whoever doesn't thrive under this manager is promptly moved on.

Back