Why are we not doing normal press Conferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer it this way, The questions become repetitive and are a bit ridiculous.
Is it important you get through to the next round? Of course, it is ya clown :))

Honest guess?

Gio did one Monday, one after the game Tuesday, will do one after game tomorrow, will do one on Monday, another after the game Tuesday…I think he’s just looked at the last two Fridays and said ‘that one is missable’.

SG used to send McAllister out but I don’t think any of Gio’s team feel comfortable doing that.
Or you could tell us the real reason?

I'd rather he just worked with the players rather than the routine PC's gone by, all I want to hear is team news,but tactics,I'd rather he just kept those under wraps and keep our enemies guessing. I can imagine he'd get fed up every couple of days. As long as we do the talking on the park.
We can probably work out his tactics by his team selection so, why bother with a lot of uninformed reporters and timeservers who will try to spin any remarks in favour of our opposition.

Open my eyes to what? I’m a bit confused as to why you’d think or want a Rangers manager to be disclosing his team the day before a match?
You know I wasn't meaning the starting 11...like I said I would like to know how the buffs, Davies, the Turks and the rest are doing, nearly starting? Couple of weeks away?

Big decisions with Psv coming up and I would like to know.

It's not an offence so stop your pish, the money I put in I think I have a right to know.

Is that okay with you?

You know I wasn't meaning the starting 11...like I said I would like to know how the buffs, Davies, the Turks and the rest are doing, nearly starting? Couple of weeks away?

It's not an offence so stop your pish, the money I put in I think I have a right to know.

Is that okay with you?
Is the heat getting to you and making you angry? I’d go inside and get out of the sun.

Is that okay with you?
You don’t need Gio to have a presser for that I’ll tell you!
Morelos and Davies are coming on great and got some more minutes during the week and Yilmaz is bedding in great with the squad!

Same information as Tuesday…..nothings changed in three days!

You don’t need Gio to have a presser for that I’ll tell you!
Morelos and Davies are coming on great and got some more minutes during the week and Yilmaz is bedding in great with the squad!

Same information as Tuesday…..nothings changed in three days!
That's not the point.

Are you thick?

Pre game statement from the manager and leave it there. I do like the post match interviews though.

the guy who does the interviews on RTV is really poor, the questions he asks are pointless and you know the generic answer.

Tillman for example im sure was asked 'How does it feel to play in front of these fans', does my head in.

Is that okay with you?

"The money I put in I think I have a right to know"

That's one argument we could use, but I don't think it holds weight personally. For that money we get match tickets, merchandise and whatever else it is we're paying for.

You could argue those things aren't value for money, but I don't believe it equates to giving the supporters the right to demand a press conference.

Others may disagree with that.

Perhaps they should be once a month, to avoid them being boring and repitive. In saying that, I wouldn't hearing his thoughts on PSV having no game between the tie, and it being back to back with us.

Perhaps they should be once a month, to avoid them being boring and repitive. In saying that, I wouldn't hearing his thoughts on PSV having no game between the tie, and it being back to back with us.
I agree with thoughts on the tie, but it will probably be asked on Monday.

It's a side point so apologies, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see big clubs move towards using a representative for these things rather than the manager or players in the future.

Press conferences were originally designed to help sell tickets. Now that they don't serve that function at the highest levels, I don't know if football will continue to treat them in the manner it does now.

It's a side point so apologies, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see big clubs move towards using a representative for these things rather than the manager or players in the future.

Press conferences were originally designed to help sell tickets. Now that they don't serve that function at the highest levels, I don't know if football will continue to treat them in the manner it does now.

Once one club does it the rest will start to follow. I hope they dont do away with them for after the match thats really all that interests me.

There's too many of them. All I'd like to know is who's available and that's fine.

Tend to agree with this, managers and players don't want to give anything away so they're guarded to the point that other than injury updates very little of value is shared. Add to that the amount of daft questions or reporters seeking controversy I image the managers find them a waste of their time.

I'd like to see pre/post season RTv in-depth interviews free to all with ST, MyGers, who have bought tops where genuine info is shared. Ideally I'd like to know how we plan to break teams down but I guess that would be viewed as sensitive info but I think it would be helpful to our aims if the manager said, for example, 'I want McLaughlin to take the ball under pressure and find a Rangers player with a short pass. This may cost us a goal of two but I believe we'll create more chances that way'.

Or 'we take short corners/goal kicks because....'

It's never going to happen and I understand why it would be difficult but always thought it'd be beneficial if fans were better informed about the decisions we take and would help with cohesion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back