Why Germany wear white, despite it not being a colour on their flag

closer-look-nazi-germany-1938-world-cup-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

World cup 1938 kit was a belter :oops:
Wonder if there were any “swastika peels after first wash” complaints at the time.

And Italy wear blue despite not having it in their national flag as it was the colour of The Royal House of Savoy, the Italian monarchy.
see you!! i just spent about an hour reading on the history of the Italian Monarchy. Turns out they had nothing to do with the savoy centre in Glasgow.

The Germans are perhaps more like us Brits than we might think.
Unlikely to back down from a fight.
Proud of their country.
Football is their core sport.
Like a beer.
Big working class ethos
Yes exactly m8.
Not like those SNP lazy, idle, skirt wearing, non shaving(washing) facists and the dug.. Lot.. :)):)):)):))

I remembered it as light blue and white so googled it. It was various shades of blue over the years with the lighter blue being associated with the mullet haircut.
They wore dark blue in 1974 World Cup finals where they defeated the eventual tournament winners West Germany 1-0

Maybe once they win a couple of wars first they can start comparing themselves to us.
An Uncle of mine who fought and survived in WW2 used to say the German's, 'Lost the war but won the peace'. The infrastructure of (West) Germany and their strong economy is/was much superior to the UK after WW2. The same could easily be said of the one of the other Axis countries after WW2 that is Japan. The USA invested heavily in those countries after WW2 but the UK got their investment from USA at the beginning and during of WW2.

Last edited:
I’ve got a Scotland v East Germany programme signed by Danny Mcgrain.
My uncle gave me it after the game.
Cheers :))

Back