Will Borna start on Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Gerrard will bring Flanagan back into the team for both games as he has had a really good season thus far but for what it’s worth I would start Borna tomorrow night in the European game.

It's a catch 22 with Borna for me. He would be much more effective in attacking against teams that open up and have a go, but Flanno is better defensively (especially in the air) so is more likely to start these games. Borna's chances of overlapping against a team with every man in their own half like St Mirren at the weekend are few and far between but these are the types of games where he is needing to prove himself.

I think we would carry more of a goal threat if Borna starts on Thursday, but due to the threat of an away goal I would go with Flanno, and same again for Sunday. Forrest might get past Flanno once but he will regret trying it a 2nd time.

I’d be surprised to see Barisic starting either game. I think he’ll be in our Sunday team once the group stages get going.

People rewriting history saying Flanagan had a very good season so far. Given up a few goals and chances with horrific use of the ball.

I do understand the argument for playing him Sunday (to be fair none of our options fill me with confidence for that game and is clearly the area the paedos will look to exploit). But it's a stretch to say any of them have been anything impressive this far this season.

Flanagan will almost definitely start on Sunday. Barisic maybe has a chance of starting tomorrow but i still reckon it will be flanagan.

That is possibly the biggest lie I’ve ever seen in the history of planet earths existence. Barisic shrinks in aerial battles. Flanagan isn’t the tallest but he’s hard as nails and won’t lose many headers.

I reckon Barisic on Thursday just as we will be taking the game to them
Flanagan for Sunday

Would choose Flanagan for both personally as he offers better defensive cover especially with Tav bombing on

He won a header against Mityland in between 2 monsters he’s decent in the air and has the heart of a lion .

People rewriting history saying Flanagan had a very good season so far. Given up a few goals and chances with horrific use of the ball.

I do understand the argument for playing him Sunday (to be fair none of our options fill me with confidence for that game and is clearly the area the paedos will look to exploit). But it's a stretch to say any of them have been anything impressive this far this season.

Welcome to FF.

Look at the abuse Barisic is getting for Sunday despite winning us the game, and look at the total lack of criticism for Jordan Jones who was operating in front of him as THE left sided attacker and contributed the sum total of fùck all.

Not a dig at Jones, players have poor games and personally don’t think Jones has the quality for tight scrappy games anyway, but clearly theres real inconsistency in the leeway afforded to certain players. I mean we’ve just had someone say “I’d pick Flanagan because he’s had a great season so far”. But then the reality of the season so far is that Barisic hasn’t sold any goals, and Flanagan sold two cheap goals in consecutive games.

I think it has to be flanagan for both matches. Barisic far better going forward but we need defensive duties first and foremost.

I'd be pretty surprised if Gerrard suddenly trusted him now. He was only playing on Sunday because Flanagan needed a rest. To be honest all of the left backs give me slight fear at the moment. But the thought of pitching BB into an Old Firm game seems very unsettling. And I doubt Gerrard would do it.

Whatever choice the manager makes will be the right one.

I have in my mind Borna Thursday and Flanno Sunday.

Then again I am not the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back