Willie Shirra, Camelon RSC

falkirkbear

Its with heavy hearts that the committee of Camelon RSC have to pass on the sad news that our long standing Chairman Willie Shirra passed away yesterday.

Willie was our Chairman from the late 70's and despite not being able to make games recently was still in regular contact with members of the committee and kept up to date on how the club and its members were doing.

The committee would like to pass on our condolences to Willie's family at this sad time.

Its with heavy hearts that the committee of Camelon RSC have to pass on the sad news that our long standing Chairman Willie Shirra passed away yesterday.

Willie was our Chairman from the late 70's and despite not being able to make games recently was still in regular contact with members of the committee and kept up to date on how the club and its members were doing.

The committee would like to pass on our condolences to Willie's family at this sad time.
R.I.P. Willie, I have fond memories of travelling on this bus in the late 70's and remember Willie well.

That’s a real shame. I take it he was related to the two brothers who played for Bo’ness, Linlithgow and Camelon? They were good players.

That’s a real shame. I take it he was related to the two brothers who played for Bo’ness, Linlithgow and Camelon? They were good players.
Yeah mate, he was the cousin of Jim Shirra who played for Falkirk, Aberdeen and Dundee in the 60's & 70's, Jim's sons are the players you mention.

The committee of Camelon RSC have been asked by the Shirra family to let you all know that Willie's funeral is Thursday 16th September, 10am at Falkirk crematorium.

Back