Official Wise words from Kevin Sinfield after raising £1,759,378 for Motor Neurone Disease research

mdingwall

Administrator
Kevin ran 7 ultra marathons in 7 days inspired by his friend and team mate Rob Burrow who also played for the Leeds Rhinos rugby league team. Rob has been cruelly struck down by MND.

It's easy to be a friend in the good days - Kevin has stuck by Rob in his toughest times. Well done Kevin!

Fantastic effort. The amount of sports people suffering from this condition is quite shocking.
Not sure how much it is linked or they have been able to give a lot of focus to it in recent years. My daughters grandfather was struck by it and died early in his 60’s appreciate these guys are having it earlier.

Great effort, i seen he gave big Doddie Weir a mention. Horrible disease and its heartbreaking to see guys like Rob Burrow and big Doddie go from being elite sportsmen to basically just wasting away, hopefully fundraising like Kevin Sinfield does can help research into a cure.

Hero.

I can say with some certainty it really is making a difference and although there's no cure, the science just now is extraordinary and leading researchers are extremely confident in what the next decade may bring. It has and was never going to be instant progress but already the medicine produced is changing many lives. I've felt the pain of many who want answers and feel the most powerless person ever because when a disease like such is diagnosed the common reaction is panic but there is a lot of hope and I'm not just saying that.

I have no idea how far money like that with go but I think it was him on Talksport talking about how there's the same amount of money in treating rabies as there is to researching MND. I might not have got the wording spot on but was absolutely stunned when I heard him on White and Jordan.

..Have really got into Rugby League of late too... End to end stuff, no quarter given, even during the wheelchair Rugby League final the other night nobody was pulling out of tackles.
Brutal sport. Absolutely lovely.
It makes a laughing stock of our football players holding their wee leggies after a rough tackle.

Well done to Sinfield. Magnificent effort.

What an absolute top guy. He just MUST be recognised for that

Watched it on Saturday at HT in the final and i have to say it brought tears to my eyes. This guy is an absolute inspiration to us all. I'd like to think i have friends like that ... and that i would have the strength to be a friend like that.

Back