Official Women's Euro 2022

A Misandrist?

That would be ironic given I'm a regular poster here who defends womens football. More like a masochist truth be told.

No, I just believe I know where the line between being a fair football supporter that enjoys banter and being a bit of an unnecessary shit towards womens football is.

That's all. As I said, huge credit to all the guys who actually admitted they enjoyed it. I actually thanked them lol.
I have not commented on this thread prior to your post labeling all men that don't agree with your opinions 'mysoginists' and 'creeps'. A somewhat sweeping generalisation that is borderline misandry in spite of your thanks to male advocates of the woman's game.

I note you didn't answer my question about the higher skill levels you think the woman's game possesses? I'd still be interested in your answer.

I have not commented on this thread prior to your post labeling all men that don't agree with your opinions 'mysoginists' and 'creeps'. A somewhat sweeping generalisation that is borderline misandry in spite of your thanks to male advocates of the woman's game.

I note you didn't answer my question about the higher skill levels you think the woman's game possesses? I'd still be interested in your answer.

See, now you've twisted my words. I never labelled anyone who disagrees with me a creep or anything else. I said those that constantly posted on the thread saying how shit it was and how much they didn't like it over and over again were coming across as creepy. I stick by that.

As to skill levels, again you've twisted my words. I never said the womens game had any higher skill levels than the mens. I said certain female players were more skilful than some male professionals but ultimately would be beaten by them due to biology. I stick by that also.

An easy example is the first goal last night or Popp's first in the semi. They were great goals and finishes. I've seen similar chances missed far more often than not in SPL games.

I'm happy to debate the womens game and its worth (or not) with you but please don't post things I haven't said as a starting point. Thanks.

See, now you've twisted my words. I never labelled anyone who disagrees with me a creep or anything else. I said those that constantly posted on the thread saying how shit it was and how much they didn't like it over and over again were coming across as creepy. I stick by that.

As to skill levels, again you've twisted my words. I never said the womens game had any higher skill levels than the mens. I said certain female players were more skilful than some male professionals but ultimately would be beaten by them due to biology. I stick by that also.

An easy example is the first goal last night or Popp's first in the semi. They were great goals and finishes. I've seen similar chances missed far more often than not in SPL games.

I'm happy to debate the womens game and its worth (or not) with you but please don't post things I haven't said as a starting point. Thanks.
I agree that biology makes comparisons between the men's and woman's game futile. It is however a contact sport and you ought to extend that argument to an acceptance that some football fans (including my wife) prefer to have that added physicality and hence enjoy the men's game more.

I think it is quite a stretch to take one isolated incident (Popp's goal) and extrapolate that to suggest that some women are more skillfull than their male counterparts, even if you are using the SPL as your basis for comparison. As I said I personally see such comparisons as pointless and futile. Different standards and biologies. I'd fully agree that Popp is an exceptional talent in the woman's game and leave it there.

As a parting shot, this is a quote from your earlier post:

"To those that still go on and on and on about why you don't like it, you just come across as a misogynist at best and downright creepy at worst. Maybe just pipe down".

To me that does indeed sound like you are labeling posters that have expressed a different opinion to yours' as mysoginists and creeps. If that wasn't your intention maybe you could have phrased those remarks differently. It's a football forum and folks are entitled to defend their opinions. Glad you enjoyed the tournament.

I agree that biology makes comparisons between the men's and woman's game futile. It is however a contact sport and you ought to extend that argument to an acceptance that some football fans (including my wife) prefer to have that added physicality and hence enjoy the men's game more.

I think it is quite a stretch to take one isolated incident (Popp's goal) and extrapolate that to suggest that some women are more skillfull than their male counterparts, even if you are using the SPL as your basis for comparison. As I said I personally see such comparisons as pointless and futile. Different standards and biologies. I'd fully agree that Popp is an exceptional talent in the woman's game and leave it there.

As a parting shot, this is a quote from your earlier post:

"To those that still go on and on and on about why you don't like it, you just come across as a misogynist at best and downright creepy at worst. Maybe just pipe down".

To me that does indeed sound like you are labeling posters that have expressed a different opinion to yours' as mysoginists and creeps. If that wasn't your intention maybe you could have phrased those remarks differently. It's a football forum and folks are entitled to defend their opinions. Glad you enjoyed the tournament.

I've no wish to get into a tête-à-tête. I believe what I posted was fair, understandable and clear. If you've misunderstood and taken it differently then I apologise for any offence taken.

You clearly do disagree with me about the womens game. I actually started it off by talking about its entertainment value and playing down its quality but hey ho.

Perhaps it proves my point that we do disagree and I'm not actually calling you a creep lol. Of course anyone can dislike anything they wish.

My point was, when they do so over and over and over again...it goes beyond just having a dislike IMO. That is what I was pointing out and basically questioning. Why keep repeating on a thread about something that you think it's shit again and again?

Anyhow, as you've stated, you haven't done that, you merely dislike and do not rate the womens game. I'm sad you don't but I'm not going to argue over what you like and don't like. That's up to you.

If you later want a serious debate on the merits for or against womens football just give me a shout.

Be well.

England playing USA at Wembley in October on a Friday night.

Surely that won't sell out? Bet it would have cracked 60k on a Saturday though, be interesting to see what they sell.

I think that once women's football gets more funding then the general skill level will get higher. Physically of course there will always be a gap, that's just a fact of life, but passing, awareness, ball skills and tactics are all things that can be trained. If you have a larger pool of women wanting to play and more of them are full time then it seems obvious, to my uneducated mind, that more talented female players will emerge.

I think that once women's football gets more funding then the general skill level will get higher. Physically of course there will always be a gap, that's just a fact of life, but passing, awareness, ball skills and tactics are all things that can be trained. If you have a larger pool of women wanting to play and more of them are full time then it seems obvious, to my uneducated mind, that more talented female players will emerge.
Skill level has already came on a lot since I'd last seen a game (maybe the last World Cup?) and for the top sides is at a decent level. It'll only get better if more girls start playing football at grassroots level and with clubs such as ours investing more then it'll only help.

Physicality is a different story of course and that gap isn't going to be bridged.

Skill level has already came on a lot since I'd last seen a game (maybe the last World Cup?) and for the top sides is at a decent level. It'll only get better if more girls start playing football at grassroots level and with clubs such as ours investing more then it'll only help.

Physicality is a different story of course and that gap isn't going to be bridged.
I didn't watch much of this tournament but I did watch a decent bit of the last WWC and yeah you can see where the investment is. The US are absolutely miles ahead of almost everyone, they pumped Thailand 13-0, it was a total farce. There were also tight games between more evenly matched countries which were entertaining.

England playing USA at Wembley in October on a Friday night.

Surely that won't sell out? Bet it would have cracked 60k on a Saturday though, be interesting to see what they sell.
Sold out.

Not sure what prices are but bet they are dearer than the £9 Italy are charging England next month in the Nations League!

Last edited:
Back