Official Women's Euro 2022

I enjoy watching women’s football - welcome relief from the nonsense surrounding the men’s game up here. Hopefully increase the interest in our ladies. Mon the daughters.

Yes I mentioned men.
I don’t say it to be offensive to anyone.
It is just a tragic fact.
If women's football can change attitudes and encourage more active participation in the sport and sport in general it will save lives.
Life is better when you are fit and healthy to enjoy it.
It also keeps kids busy and focused if they are into sport. My daughter plays under 14s. She lives and breathes it. Constantly kicking a ball about. She’s not interested in hanging about the streets and wasting her time like a lot of kids are, drinking and smoking, she’s too busy training or playing football.

It also keeps kids busy and focused if they are into sport. My daughter plays under 14s. She lives and breathes it. Constantly kicking a ball about. She’s not interested in hanging about the streets and wasting her time like a lot of kids are, drinking and smoking, she’s too busy training or playing football.
A perfect example.
It will make her fitter person a more grounded individual and help to prepare her to adjust better when she enters the workforce.
Sensible lass.

I enjoy watching women’s football - welcome relief from the nonsense surrounding the men’s game up here. Hopefully increase the interest in our ladies. Mon the daughters.
The quality isn't great but it has freshness about it. However, like I said it is unfortunate that when it comes to England they have to lump the failures of the mens team into the success of the women's team, instead of just letting them have their day in the sun. It is pathetic really.

Only seen about 5 games they were all worth watching, entertaining with some excellent goals. Watch 5 mens games at least 3 will be rubbish as its often all about being strong and well organised at the back dont lose a goal we wont lose the game.

Happy for England to win the big lassie Popp being out was a sore one for Germany it certainly made all the difference, it was good to see some needle in the final it got a big nasty could do with more of that in the ladies game long as its not dangerous tackles. More cards are better for build-a-bet. They slagged the ref on commentry at the start for the first yellow but she had an excellent game overall.

I am no expert on coaching i know nothing about it, still it seems to me a lot of effort has gone into the tactical side and making sure every team attempts to play nice football and pass it through the middle and out of difficult situations which makes it entertaining for neutrals.

i was the same. Actually watched quite a few games, which i didnt expect to. What i kind of liked about it was more technical than some of the mens football. They try and keep it on the deck atleast, no hoofeball.

Same. I found it more direct with less repetitive sideways passing, less diving and less spitting!

Didn’t enjoy the 10 minute speech/lecture during the commentary at the end but can understand why it was made. Time and a place for that imo.

Great achievement but it’s laughable the media etc are selling this like it’s comparable to winning the men’s tournament. A completely different level in every way possible.
I'm sure Kane and co will say they are happy for them to win it but will secretly be raging that the pressure has been turned up massively on them in Qatar in the winter

even not getting to the final will be seen as a flop in the media's eyes probably

Clutching at straws there like, haha.
Not really. I don’t care about international football and even less so about women’s international football so don’t have an agenda here. To claim there’s no diving or play acting is a nonsense. Less maybe, not none.

Not really. I don’t care about international football and even less so about women’s international football so don’t have an agenda here. To claim there’s no diving or play acting is a nonsense. Less maybe, not none.
Far better examples than that one from that match! That one made me laugh I will give you that.

I appreciate it's an unfair comparison, but what's the consensus on what level of the men's game that the elite women's teams could compete at?

Would that England side beat a really good amateur men's side, for instance? I'm not sure they would.

Sunday league level?

Refreshing to see the players celebrating without their phones and just enjoying the moment

I appreciate it's an unfair comparison, but what's the consensus on what level of the men's game that the elite women's teams could compete at?

Would that England side beat a really good amateur men's side, for instance? I'm not sure they would.

Sunday league level?
We will never know as its unfair to expect men to play women at a contact sport but honest answer i think they are better than teams at a lower level in Scotland and could possibly compete in League 2 down there.

They would beat say Forfar and Annan teams like that by a few goals.

I think folk completely underestimate how talented and skilful they are.

Superb.

It's alright for you lot I am in London never going to hear the last of it even some who don't even watch football haven't stopped going on about it driving me nuts already
Up here of course at every Euro or World Cup you have people with no interest whatsoever in football going to the pub to support whoever is playing against England.
It’s our national disease.

We will never know as its unfair to expect men to play women at a contact sport but honest answer i think they are better than teams at a lower level in Scotland and could possibly compete in League 2 down there.

You think the England women's team would beat Forfar and Annan? Opinions and all that, but I think the likes of Annan would beat them pretty comfortably.

I'm sure Kane and co will say they are happy for them to win it but will secretly be raging that the pressure has been turned up massively on them in Qatar in the winter

even not getting to the final will be seen as a flop in the media's eyes probably
Should've done it last summer then eh?

Up here of course at every Euro or World Cup you have people with no interest whatsoever in football going to the pub to support whoever is playing against England.
It’s our national disease.
I could handle against England I like most wanted England to get beat by anyone at anything Ha when we was young we use to walk around singing we hate the English Ha

Just googled the game referenced by another poster above. The USA Women's team - widely regarded as the best in the world I'm sure - lost to an under 15's boys team.

Again, all about opinions, but I'd take from that the England women would not be competing at League 2 level down there. That would likely see 20/30-0 results I reckon.

Just a wee point about the skill of the girl who scored the 1st goal. A brilliant wee chip over the keeper. How many times, even at Ibrox, do we see a striker boring down on goal and then just blatters it against the keeper. That drives me crackers, it shows a complete lack of skill and confidence.

Just googled the game referenced by another poster above. The USA Women's team - widely regarded as the best in the world I'm sure - lost to an under 15's boys team.

Again, all about opinions, but I'd take from that the England women would not be competing at League 2 level down there. That would likely see 20/30-0 results I reckon.
/]

Sunday league level?
Been 28 odd pages about that mate, consensus being no chance.

T

This was covered on about page 4 of the 30 to be fair. Seemed to be a real piss around that match with the Yanks. Can’t be arsed going over it again but it’s in the thread. Most topics popping up have been covered a few times within the thread to be fair.

Why can't people just enjoy it for what it was - a fairly entertaining tournament of football.

I suspect going by the comments, some here were desperate for it to fail, be full of comedy errors and enjoy having a joke about it with the "lads".

The joke is on you as it was a damn sight more entertaining throughout than a lot of games in mens tournaments.

Of course a decent boys/mens team would beat a womens team, that's not up for debate but the women would lose due to sheer biology in the first place. There were clearly women on display in that tournament who had great greater skill and footballing intelligence than a lot of professional male cloggers. They would still get beaten by them though, of that there is no doubt.

Well done to all the guys who enjoyed the tourney and posted that they did - thanks just for being honest.

To those that still go on and on and on about why you don't like it, you just come across as a misogynist at best and downright creepy at worst. Maybe just pipe down. You're not looking cool, you're looking sad and out of touch in 2022.

Been 28 odd pages about that mate, consensus being no chance.

T

This was covered on about page 4 of the 30 to be fair. Seemed to be a real piss around that match with the Yanks. Can’t be arsed going over it again but it’s in the thread. Most topics popping up have been covered a few times within the thread to be fair.
@Theresa May Didn’t mean to come across sharp there pal, just been going through this for 4 weeks now!

Why can't people just enjoy it for what it was - a fairly entertaining tournament of football.

I suspect going by the comments, some here were desperate for it to fail, be full of comedy errors and enjoy having a joke about it with the "lads".

The joke is on you as it was a damn sight more entertaining throughout than a lot of games in mens tournaments.

Of course a decent boys/mens team would beat a womens team, that's not up for debate but the women would lose due to sheer biology in the first place. There were clearly women on display in that tournament who had great greater skill and footballing intelligence than a lot of professional male cloggers. They would still get beaten by them though, of that there is no doubt.

Well done to all the guys who enjoyed the tourney and posted that they did - thanks just for being honest.

To those that still go on and on and on about why you don't like it, you just come across as a misogynist at best and downright creepy at worst. Maybe just pipe down. You're not looking cool, you're looking sad and out of touch in 2022.

A lot of fair comments in there. However, someone thinking the quality on display as shit being described as misogynistic and/or creepy is not one of them.

Good tournament and spectacle all round, however. A lot of positives will come of the last four weeks.

A lot of fair comments in there. However, someone thinking the quality on display as shit being described as misogynistic and/or creepy is not one of them.

Good tournament and spectacle all round, however. A lot of positives will come of the last four weeks.

It is when they've went on the thread dedicated to the tournament to say it over a half dozen times with no other real comment. At a dozen it was creepy. Read it back yourself and you'll see.

Why keep repeating you don't like something on a thread essentially celebrating it?

Well done to the guys that enjoyed it for being honest.

For those of us that didn’t enjoy it, pipe down and take our honesty elsewhere.

Cool.

At risk of being labeled a misogynist am I allowed to ask which skills you believe the Euro winning ladies perform better and more consistently than men playing at say a reasonable amatuer league level?

Your use of pejoritive terminology to label blokes that don't necessairly rate women's football suggests you don't particularly like men. Maybe you should heed your own advice and 'pipe down' as you are coming across as a bit of a misandrist.
Pot kettle black.

At risk of being labeled a misogynist am I allowed to ask which skills you believe the Euro winning ladies perform better and more consistently than men playing at say a reasonable amatuer league level?

Your use of pejoritive terminology to label blokes that don't necessairly rate women's football suggests you don't particularly like men. Maybe you should heed your own advice and 'pipe down' as you are coming across as a bit of a misandrist.
Pot kettle black.

A Misandrist?

That would be ironic given I'm a regular poster here who defends womens football. More like a masochist truth be told.

No, I just believe I know where the line between being a fair football supporter that enjoys banter and being a bit of an unnecessary shit towards womens football is.

That's all. As I said, huge credit to all the guys who actually admitted they enjoyed it. I actually thanked them lol.

Back