Official Writing or Broadcasting with FollowFollow.com

mdingwall

Administrator
Writing or Broadcasting with FollowFollow.com

Last season we took the leap to sign up as an official media partner for the season as we support the club’s stance on media relations.

Obviously this gave us certain privileges with regard to the press box, press conferences and pre-match interviews.

My idea is not to treat this as a jolly for myself. With roughly half of Scotland being Rangers fans isn’t it scandalous that we are so unbelievably under-represented in the media?

With that in mind we’re going to offer opportunities to writers and presenters to take their places at Ibrox writing and presenting. It is an art - I’m dreadful at match reports and my voice is a bit monotone for broadcasting - but it is one which many can master.

So, if you fancy representing FF in a media capacity in the coming season please make touch and tell su a bit about yourself - followfollow@hotmail.com

Would be interested in doing a livestream during game of fan commentary and reaction. (Ofc without any of the game being shown). YouTube, Twit Spaces, TikTok Live follow along type thing.

Are these possible within the current rules?
Kind of like how Scott Mills and Chris Stark did the last World Cup fan commentary. Mainly for the younger audience but for all.

Bin it if not workable. Just a thought.

Does that mean you will have to audition?
If so, I’m getting my Orange leg warmers hunted out!
FAME! I’m gonna live forever! :))
Seriously, best of British to you and all who help FF in this.

Would be interested in doing a livestream during game of fan commentary and reaction. (Ofc without any of the game being shown). YouTube, Twit Spaces, TikTok Live follow along type thing.

Are these possible within the current rules?
Kind of like how Scott Mills and Chris Stark did the last World Cup fan commentary. Mainly for the younger audience but for all.

Bin it if not workable. Just a thought.

That would be against the broadcast deals, the BBC has broadcast rights for the World Cup so could do the Mills/ Stark commentary.

That would be against the broadcast deals, the BBC has broadcast rights for the World Cup so could do the Mills/ Stark commentary.
Is that against the current broadcasting rights for Rangers games? So all those YouTube watch alongs are illegal? Thanks for the heads up.

You may not have the voice for broadcasting but you've defo got the face for radio(I joke before the ban comes, I love cats)

Id do it in a heartbeat but I’m not qualified in any sort of media or writing work.

This would be a superb gig for someone! If anyone can apply, I might throw my hat in the ring, and use my sparkling personality and outstanding wit as my qualifications…

Id do it in a heartbeat but I’m not qualified in any sort of media or writing work.

This would be a superb gig for someone! If anyone can apply, I might throw my hat in the ring, and use my sparkling personality and outstanding wit as my qualifications…
You don’t need qualifications.

Is there a YouTube channel set up at all? Would be good to have a weekly roundup chat with all the events and talking points - getting guests on and interviews where possible with players and pundits etc

Writing or Broadcasting with FollowFollow.com

Last season we took the leap to sign up as an official media partner for the season as we support the club’s stance on media relations.

Obviously this gave us certain privileges with regard to the press box, press conferences and pre-match interviews.

My idea is not to treat this as a jolly for myself. With roughly half of Scotland being Rangers fans isn’t it scandalous that we are so unbelievably under-represented in the media?

With that in mind we’re going to offer opportunities to writers and presenters to take their places at Ibrox writing and presenting. It is an art - I’m dreadful at match reports and my voice is a bit monotone for broadcasting - but it is one which many can master.

So, if you fancy representing FF in a media capacity in the coming season please make touch and tell su a bit about yourself - followfollow@hotmail.com

Not for myself, too old now but a Brilliant idea for people younger, even if it can help them to get a foot in the door in journalism .

A wise man on here once said "we dont seek any sort of one sided favouritism, we only look for a fair impartial media", we've all seen how the Goebbelites in Scotland have took control of the media, so things like this will certainly help restore a bit of impartiality within that industry here, instead of the hate filled bias we all see daily .

Journalism was one of the careers I thought about when at school.

This would be something of great interest to me but, at this point in time, I doubt I could commit anywhere near the time required.

Will there be a requirement for writing beyond match reports such as opinion pieces? I'm thinking along the lines of opportunities for those based outside Scotland and thus not able to visit Ibrox on a regular basis.

I remember about 15 years ago I posted something in a thread on FF, got a message from Dingers asking if I'd like to contribute to the fanzine with a view to it being a regular thing if successful.

I was over the moon but alas, completely shat it. One of my many regrets.

As a poster also said previously I'd struggle to find the time to do this properly, but it is a great opportunity for someone.

Good luck to all who apply.

I remember about 15 years ago I posted something in a thread on FF, got a message from Dingers asking if I'd like to contribute to the fanzine with a view to it being a regular thing if successful.

I was over the moon but alas, completely shat it. One of my many regrets.

As a poster also said previously I'd struggle to find the time to do this properly, but it is a great opportunity for someone.

Good luck to all who apply.

Try and try again.

What a great opportunity for someone with a passion and who can write decent pieces, be they young or old. I hope many consider this and apply. Myself, i am hopeless at writing and infront of a mic i cuss to much, to many Americans amusement. So i wont be applying. If i was younger and more confident i would jump at it.
I will just stick to noising up foreigners online and speaking too fast for them to understand.
Good luck to all applying

I’d love to. I don’t think I’d have the skill set to write a review tbh.

Good idea Mark. Many would hang on to every privilege that comes their way.

Will be interesting to hear/read the contributions

I'm tempted to send a CV in but I'm more of the William Burroughs, Hunter Thomson type of writer.

Which, if you think about it, half of FF would qualify for :D
So you're gonna take a bucket load of acid and cut aboot the press box with a cigarette holder and pith helmet?

"It was 3pm. Dark, cold. The grass on the pitch like the Incredible Hulk's pubes. The monsters rose from the centre circle, rearing their ugly heads, booting the white sphere into the bruised sky."

Have a got the job, big man?

So you're gonna take a bucket load of acid and cut aboot the press box with a cigarette holder and pith helmet?

"It was 3pm. Dark, cold. The grass on the pitch like the Incredible Hulk's pubes. The monsters rose from the centre circle, rearing their ugly heads, booting the white sphere into the bruised sky."

Have a got the job, big man?
Hahaha , that's exactly the way I write it :D

word to the wise, don't get half cut and take booze into the press box, it isn't 1987 and you're not Ewing Grahame.
Nae Booze?? What else will I report when filing my Expenses?

As an aside, I once asked that snake Alex Thomson if I could see how he filed his expenses with HMRC, what he claimed for etc, he must still be working on the reply!

In all seriousness, I think it would be great to have a more literary, gonzo version of events as a companion article to the bread-and-butter match report.
Fear and Loathing in the Thornton Suite.
You're right mate, it would be something that cuts through the tropes of trad journalism. In a way, I guess some aspects of FF & other forums are an extension of Gonzo writing.

But a proper novel of say, someone detailing the Seville run while under the influence, and having the capacity to write originally? - I'd buy that any day of the week.

I wrote a few articles in the old Number One fanzine.
Always looked forward to getting the latest issue and seeing my contribution.

"Hi Gio, Skeletor -FF.

What's your take on black dwarves in the LOTR show?"
You hardly ever post anything football related, whatever football related posts you do enlighten us with is utter pish and you practically live in the Lounge for likes and backslaps off anonymous people from the Internet.

"Thanks for coming, we'll be in touch"

You hardly ever post anything football related, whatever football related posts you do enlighten us with is utter pish and you practically live in the Lounge for likes and backslaps off anonymous people from the Internet.

"Thanks for coming, we'll be in touch"
200w.gif

Back