Bugbear # 2 singing

bnigmother

Some on here got their wish last night. BT did not turn the sound down so every viewer could hear the 50p flute song in all its glory. A completely inane song which only feeds the haters. It has no connection with Rangers. Disgraces our club,could get you lifted and what message does it send to players and staff who are or were brought up as RC's? It's time the club stopped pussyfooting around this and came out and named the song and the Tiffany one and told those who sing them to cut it out.
No major brand will want to be associated with this.

If we're not getting punished for it then as far as I'm concerned they can sing what they want.

If we start getting fined for it then I'll be at them to stop.

Some on here got their wish last night. BT did not turn the sound down so every viewer could hear the 50p flute song in all its glory. A completely inane song which only feeds the haters. It has no connection with Rangers. Disgraces our club,could get you lifted and what message does it send to players and staff who are or were brought up as RC's? It's time the club stopped pussyfooting around this and came out and named the song and the Tiffany one and told those who sing them to cut it out.
No major brand will want to be associated with this.

Embarrassing as hell. The club needs to get together with Club 1872 and publish an official song book. Of course we can sing new songs that dont appear in this official version but at least the club can let it be known that some songs arent acceptable. Doing nothing leaves us open to the haters.

Ah, another, 'put the boot into our own' thread. Not had one in a while....

Support was magnificent last night. Said on another thread. Not all of the songs or chants will please everyone and no one is forcing anyone to join in.

Until there is actually any sanctions threatened and it's a level playing field for our fans then %^*& them I say.

Op your final point is hysterical, made up nonsense, of which you have zero evidence of.

Most of the songs were tedious pish. You have to laugh at Rangers fans defending their inalienable right to keep the memory of Bobby Sands alive. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be comical.

The club has made it clear it can't be bothered with this pish but some people think they're more important than the club. So we are where we are.

Fucking load of pish . Be interesting To see if you'd be brave enough to say it to anyone at the ground supporting our team !

The away support is always good value.
But certain songs simply need binned.
Sensible minds cannot argue with that.

This season our support could put real distance between ourselves and The Filth perception wise.
Why clutch defeat from the jaws of victory, in order to sing songs that no longer resonate with a changing landscape?
We are better than that.

The people on the CCCS are arguably the most loyal and committed supporters that we have.

Yet they choose to line the pockets of all the clubs who tried to kill us and then sing songs that certainly don't help us.

It's fuzzy logic.

Surely if people on here "got their wish" then BT would've muted the songs at certain points to protect our fans, the way they did with the mentally challengeds no?

When you support a club with a history as illustrious as ours, I'm not entirely sure why you would wish to focus your efforts on singing songs about the Pope and the IRA instead. I don't see the relevance of either to Rangers Football Club in 2017.

These songs will inevitably do damage to our club, but if that's not important to you then bash on.

It will harm the club, there's no doubt about it.
Our commercial enterprises will be effectively hamstrung as companies will not want to be associated with a club who's support is perceived to be sectarian.
To me we should be able to celebrate our heritage and songs like the Sash and Derrys Walls without the add ons are fine but the stuff about the pope, bobby sands and the ira need to have time called on them.

I would back the sentiment from the op.
Fans were great last night, but at some stage you need to box clever.

Unfortunately we don't live in a world where we can sing what we like. It is not as if we are short of Rangers songs, so no need to be creating a rod for our own back.

Can't understand why people keep going if they are so offended by the songs
Why the hell should someone not attend games supporting THEIR club because Neanderthals keep singing songs that they know they shouldn't because their own sense of self importance and rebellious nature is more important that the fact the songs they're singing are irrelevant and not wanted by the club.

Why the hell should someone not attend games supporting THEIR club because Neanderthals keep singing songs that they know they shouldn't because their own sense of self importance and rebellious nature is more important that the fact the songs they're singing are irrelevant and not wanted by the club.
Well instead Of moaning about it on here dig them up about it when you're at the game

It is nice that every time it is sung "our supporters" highlight it.:rolleyes:

It's as if our own want us done.

Mabye some are just fed up with chants about the pope, ira and bobby sands being sung at Rangers games.

We have a loud passionate away support, as good as anything in the UK at least but as long as we continue with those embarrassing chants it will be a black mark against us.

Mabye some are just fed up with chants about the pope, ira and bobby sands being sung at Rangers games.

We have a loud passionate away support, as good as anything in the UK at least but as long as we continue with those embarrassing chants it will be a black mark against us.
I am not disagreeing with that.

What I do disagree with is every time we have a bad result there are posters on FF who like to highlight a song sheet on here.

Which in my opinion gives The Journalists and mentally challenged lurkers the ammunition that they continually crave.

You wouldn't walk alone down a street belting out FTP for fear of arrest or worse ...
It's really just mob mentality

The people on the CCCS are arguably the most loyal and committed supporters that we have.

Yet they choose to line the pockets of all the clubs who tried to kill us and then sing songs that certainly don't help us.

It's fuzzy logic.

So let me get this right: the most loyal and committed supporters that our club have are those that plough through a songbook that will lead to nothing but trouble for our club. Additionally, they fund our haters to the tune (pun intended) of millions of pounds.

Maybe it's me but I think it's more about them than it is about The Rangers. If they want to support our club they could start with stopping damaging our club.

The club should take the lead here.

Those singing naughty songs, are by and large those who also sing all the rest of our great songs.
They are nearly always a credit to the club, but as someone mentioned a mob mentality can often bring out the worst when it is not given leadership or direction, or indeed some responsibility.

Channelling all of this superb enthusiasm for the club in a positive direction just needs leadership from the club.
We should engage far more with the singing section, encourage it, and give it assistance in positioning both at home and away, and identify responsible supporters inside this section to take the lead in what songs we sing.

Does it remove spontaneity?
perhaps, but it will also have other impacts, perhaps raising the noise level, and eliminating outside criticism.
We have nothing to lose here.

I am not disagreeing with that.

What I do disagree with is every time we have a bad result there are posters on FF who like to highlight a song sheet on here.

Which in my opinion gives The Journalists and mentally challenged lurkers the ammunition that they continually crave.
It's been broadcast live on tv and radio. The ammunition is out there anyway.

Most of the songs were tedious pish. You have to laugh at Rangers fans defending their inalienable right to keep the memory of Bobby Sands alive. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be comical.

The club has made it clear it can't be bothered with this pish but some people think they're more important than the club. So we are where we are.

Well said mate. We sing more songs about BS than the mentally challengeds!! 50p flute song is a fecking embarrassment how do we expect RC players to give 100% when we are chanting FTP.

Back