Bugbear # 2 singing

I'm more concerned with the dross on the pitch than people singing songs that abuse dead terrorists if I'm being honest.
Oh and as for companies not wanting to be associated with us then you could argue that Ashley is a billionaire with the biggest chain of sports shops in the country and he wanted involved with us.Wish he hadn't though

Certain songs that have nothing to do with Rangers and football should be binned. Times have changed and we as fans need to move on.
This is from an older Bear who in the past has chanted racist songs and would never repeat them now.
I am also an older bear and i love the song only problem is it plays in my head for about 2 days, certainly times have changed but not in our favour.

If we're not getting punished for it then as far as I'm concerned they can sing what they want.

If we start getting fined for it then I'll be at them to stop.

There's another thread about attracting a big investor. What if we are putting off big investment, will you want it to stop? How do we know if it's putting off investment?

So let me get this right: the most loyal and committed supporters that our club have are those that plough through a songbook that will lead to nothing but trouble for our club. Additionally, they fund our haters to the tune (pun intended) of millions of pounds.

Maybe it's me but I think it's more about them than it is about The Rangers. If they want to support our club they could start with stopping damaging our club.
So why have you not got a Rangers avatar?
Remind me, what is the name of this forum?

Certain songs that have nothing to do with Rangers and football should be binned. Times have changed and we as fans need to move on.
This is from an older Bear who in the past has chanted racist songs and would never repeat them now.
dont think i have ever sung a racist song thats coming from someone who has sung what ever on the day. Times have changed and some songs should be binned.

Well well hear we go again you can tell on here we never won last night

So what do we do let's bash the fans for some of the songs we sang

If we had won the fans would not have even got a mention

Btw The fans were magnificent last night 90 mins non stop

Get a life mate, the away fans were top notch last night and every other game, would you rather they sat silent like at Ibrox ?
away support is top drawer every game but one or two songs should remain in the past am sure we have plenty in our locker that could fill the void

There's another thread about attracting a big investor. What if we are putting off big investment, will you want it to stop? How do we know if it's putting off investment?
What if it attracts a really bigoted investor. See, I can do hypothetical as well.

Put it this way mate, it's not the football that sells Rangers V Celtic.

What if it attracts a really bigoted investor. See, I can do hypothetical as well.

Put it this way mate, it's not the football that sells Rangers V Celtic.

I think there's more chance of putting off worldwide brands who cut sponsorship of players/sportsman/organisations at the slightest hint of alienating a section of people than there is of attracting these brands.

Bash the support, bash the support.. usual. There were many issues last night, and the support was not one of them. Any club in the world would have been proud of that support last night. Place was rocking.

No level playing field = %^*& them.

Crazy isn't it, he died in 81 and I was born 86, yet I know all about him.
You know all about Hitler too I assume? There is a lot of arguments about not singing about Bobby Sands, but what you said is a tad silly. We all know history of people before our time.

You know all about Hitler too I assume? There is a lot of arguments about not singing about Bobby Sands, but what you said is a tad silly. We all know history of people before our time.

The lyric is "%^*& Bobby Sands, he's deid" that sort of depicts him as non-entity yet through that I know about him.
I also learned about Hitler in school, hunger strikers never got a mention.

I think there's more chance of putting off worldwide brands who cut sponsorship of players/sportsman/organisations at the slightest hint of alienating a section of people than there is of attracting these brands.
In our case brands want exposure and the numbers we attract. We attract numbers/exposure down to the intense, and fairly unique, rivalry between us and Celtic.

It's fair enough people don't like the songs but I'm not sure the commercial aspect is a valid opposition.

What good do people expect people to come of singing add on's like FTP, IRA and Bobby Sands to songs? As usual the the me, myself and I brigade that try to defend this nonsense. We tell the tims to move on, I wish some of our supporters would do the same.

What good do people expect people to come of singing add on's like FTP, IRA and Bobby Sands to songs? As usual the the me, myself and I brigade that try to defend this nonsense. We tell the tims to move on, I wish some of our supporters would do the same.

You maybe do. A lot of fans, me included, don't give a fiddlers fart what those cunts sing. Ive never ever been offended at a song or words written on a banner, far less, ones that slaughter corrupt and murderous organisations like the IRA or Catholic Church. Do they belong at football? No they don't, but like it or lump it, it's part of what makes this rivalry what it is, and why it is so unique. It's why people,the world over, are interested in this derby.

Do folk on this thread genuinely believe the rivalry we have with the Scum is just about football? Better still do people believe that our Club is just about football? Thinking that certain songs or add on's will suddenly be dropped, especially in the current climate, where our very existence is hated with a venom I've never seen before, is dillusional imo.

Get a life mate, the away fans were top notch last night and every other game, would you rather they sat silent like at Ibrox ?

Maybe we'd rather no FTP/IRA stuff.
Maybe we'd rather good Rangers songs take the place of FTP/IRA stuff.
Maybe we'd rather not put the club in danger of fines or such like.
Maybe we'd rather not give people an easy option to attack us.
Maybe we'd rather move away from some songs that are utter trash and do us no favours.
Maybe we'd rather hear Every other Saturday instead of Tom Hark etc.

Nobody is debating the level of support travelling fans provide but song of the song choices are fair game for debate.

You maybe do. A lot of fans, me included, don't give a fiddlers fart what those cunts sing. Ive never ever been offended at a song or words written on a banner, far less, ones that slaughter corrupt and murderous organisations like the IRA or Catholic Church. Do they belong at football? No they don't, but like it or lump it, it's part of what makes this rivalry what it is, and why it is so unique. It's why people,the world over, are interested in this derby.

Do folk on this thread genuinely believe the rivalry we have with the Scum is just about football? Better still do people believe that our Club is just about football? Thinking that certain songs or add on's will suddenly be dropped, especially in the current climate, where our very existence is hated with a venom I've never seen before, is dillusional imo.

I never mentioned what that lot sing, it doesn't bother me what they do. However in 2017 singing about the pope and the IRA in Rangers songs, vexes me. I understand the rivalry but you are delusional if you think anyone outwith 'football fans' actually gives a %^*& about it.

There is a PR war being waged that we are being absolutely destroyed at. Do you wish that to continue or would you rather do something positive about it and if you say 'it's lost, the tims control everything 'then I say you have no real gumption to redress, you'd rather stick to singing songs.

You say our very existence is hated with a venom - tell me will, singing ftp and the ira and referencing Bobby Sands change that in any way - just to be absolutely clear I'm not looking for a love in with other clubs or greater society but if you're wanting balance a race to the bottom with the mentally challengeds isn't the way to go about it.

[QUOTE="Crown_Defender, post: 107619, member: 1708]

Do folk on this thread genuinely believe the rivalry we have with the Scum is just about football? Better still do people believe that our Club is just about football? Thinking that certain songs or add on's will suddenly be dropped, especially in the current climate, where our very existence is hated with a venom I've never seen before, is dillusional imo.[/QUOTE]

Reactive hate is natural

Fucking load of pish . Be interesting To see if you'd be brave enough to say it to anyone at the ground supporting our team !

Wow! What would that prove that someone is handy with there fists.Some of the finest Orangemen/ loyalists / Protestants I know don't sing these songs as they're is a time and a place.. It's 2017 and it's embarrassing

I find it very difficult to be critical of our away support (or our home support for that matter) but the 50p flute and the other songs containing FTP are absolutely cringeworthy and does the image of our club no good whatsoever.
The media are only too keen to portray us as Neanderthal bigots so it's bonkers to give them any ammunition to prove themselves right.
Time to bin it lads!

So why have you not got a Rangers avatar?
Remind me, what is the name of this forum?

I am very proud of the tradition I was brought up in. This included marching in the streets of the Loyal East End of Glasgow. I have travelled home and abroad follow following The Rangers.

I have no problem with the traditional loyalist songbook. The recent additions to our songbook and the add ons will see us punished. Any song that includes "f**k the............." should not be sung. It's not being defiant it's stupid.

I will not give clubs who tried to destroy us any money. No surrender.

Most of the songs were tedious pish. You have to laugh at Rangers fans defending their inalienable right to keep the memory of Bobby Sands alive. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be comical.

The club has made it clear it can't be bothered with this pish but some people think they're more important than the club. So we are where we are.
We missed an open goal by not changing the rat's name to " Jimmy Sands".

Congratulations all on the most rousing version of Blue Sea of Ibrox ive heard at a match last night.

Union Bears drum put to effective use beating it out.

Lovely variety of song.

And Carson he did say.

I am very proud of the tradition I was brought up in. This included marching in the streets of the Loyal East End of Glasgow. I have travelled home and abroad follow following The Rangers.

I have no problem with the traditional loyalist songbook. The recent additions to our songbook and the add ons will see us punished. Any song that includes "f**k the............." should not be sung. It's not being defiant it's stupid.

I will not give clubs who tried to destroy us any money. No surrender.
On the old site, you jumped on the bears who Follow follow, so any time you decry us, I will bite back.
I don't sing any add ons, I did in the past, no use denying that.
The clubs that tried to destroy us but never did and will never do, need reminded we are still here, how do you do that?

The songs don't offend me in the slightest.

However, what does annoy is that the hard of thinking don't seen to appreciate that the closer we get to the filth the more these songs will be highlighted and used as yet another stick to beat us with.

Carry on lads, but we WILL end up getting points deducted if this continues.

The songs don't offend me in the slightest.

However, what does annoy is that the hard of thinking don't seen to appreciate that the closer we get to the filth the more these songs will be highlighted and used as yet another stick to beat us with.

Carry on lads, but we WILL end up getting points deducted if this continues.
It's only a matter of time before a way is figured out to use it as another way to hold us back.
When we finally get to within points of winning a league don't be surprised if strict liability comes in and we feel the force of it. Losing the league because some people can't see common sense would be a real kick in the nuts. But there's not a thing we could say about it and the I'll sing what I want brigade will be the ones blaming everyone but themselves including the club for "not standing up for the fans"

It doesn't offend anybody.

The club should take the lead here.

Those singing naughty songs, are by and large those who also sing all the rest of our great songs.
They are nearly always a credit to the club, but as someone mentioned a mob mentality can often bring out the worst when it is not given leadership or direction, or indeed some responsibility.

Channelling all of this superb enthusiasm for the club in a positive direction just needs leadership from the club.
We should engage far more with the singing section, encourage it, and give it assistance in positioning both at home and away, and identify responsible supporters inside this section to take the lead in what songs we sing.

Does it remove spontaneity?
perhaps, but it will also have other impacts, perhaps raising the noise level, and eliminating outside criticism.
We have nothing to lose here.
I love your optimism Bilko, but we have mature men in our support singing "f uck the pope and the IRA".

If we can't get brain dead, grey haired old men to cease, you haven't a hope in hell getting through to the young crowd.

On the old site, you jumped on the bears who Follow follow, so any time you decry us, I will bite back.
I don't sing any add ons, I did in the past, no use denying that.
The clubs that tried to destroy us but never did and will never do, need reminded we are still here, how do you do that?
By returning the serve. Starving them of cash while rebuilding our club. 55 will be the ultimate GIRFUY. When we achieve that we won't be reminding them, we will be haunting them.

The bears who follow follow to the grounds of the haters aren't helping. Forget about your happiness, do your f**king duty.

Fucking load of pish . Be interesting To see if you'd be brave enough to say it to anyone at the ground supporting our team !
nintchdbpict0003023632221.jpg

It makes ye think when workmates, watching it with ye, can say, "Bet ye wish BT would turn the sound down!

Can't understand why people keep going if they are so offended by the songs

What a ridiculous post why shouldn't they go? They just shouldn't have to listen to the embarrassing ditties that are being sung,and like other posters have mentioned these songs just drag us back in time,sing loud and proud but sing about The Rangers ffs.

I never mentioned what that lot sing, it doesn't bother me what they do. However in 2017 singing about the pope and the IRA in Rangers songs, vexes me. I understand the rivalry but you are delusional if you think anyone outwith 'football fans' actually gives a %^*& about it.

There is a PR war being waged that we are being absolutely destroyed at. Do you wish that to continue or would you rather do something positive about it and if you say 'it's lost, the tims control everything 'then I say you have no real gumption to redress, you'd rather stick to singing songs.

You say our very existence is hated with a venom - tell me will, singing ftp and the ira and referencing Bobby Sands change that in any way - just to be absolutely clear I'm not looking for a love in with other clubs or greater society but if you're wanting balance a race to the bottom with the mentally challengeds isn't the way to go about it.

'we tell the Tims to move on'

In the context of a thread on songs, it looked to me like you did by saying that. I've maybe picked you up wrong.

Just to be clear, I stopped the FTP and other add on's a long long time ago, and I'm not looking to change the fact we are hated. It's been a feature for 30 years of me attending games, I'm simply pointing out the reasons I dont think it will stop. I also refuse to get ripped into guys, whose very existence is despised, just for being them. As I said above some of the songs have no place at a game, that Tiffany song in particular is a bloody abortion, but with such an intense rivalry, that is borne into you for so many years, people do step over the line. As is said above, hate is reactive and I've done it myself plenty of times, I'm not going to be a hypocrite.

It matters not one jot what changes we make as a club, we will still be hammered by all of them. I mean come on mate, they still get ripped into us about Mo Johnston. It was 30 years ago! We've had a RC captain since then ffs.

With that in mind, what is it you and the others on this thread want out of this? What I mean is this PR fight you mention, what real difference does it make?
Other than us getting negative headlines (which we will get anyway) and you hating some of the songs (which is fair enough) I mean?

What a ridiculous post why shouldn't they go? They just shouldn't have to listen to the embarrassing ditties that are being sung,and like other posters have mentioned these songs just drag us back in time,sing loud and proud but sing about The Rangers ffs.
Exactly!
I cringe when I wonder what the many RC's that play for our club think when they hear the chants about "kicking the pope!"
I wouldn't imagine it to be a morale booster for them!

You have to wonder what the players make of it. Can't imagine any of them are motivated to work harder by listening to songs about Bobby Sands.

Our support is obsessed with Sands. we sing about him more than the mhanks. I hate hearing his name ring out at Ibrox. He's not worthy of his name being mentioned in our great ground.

Aye.

It makes me think some of our fans should get off their fucking knees.
Maybe some of us have managed to adjust to life in the 21st Century!
Whether we like it or not, this stuff just tarnishes our reputation and really has to go......and I say that as someone who went to the games 50 years ago with a Union Jack hard hat and a King Billy tea towel wrapped around my wrist giving it pelters!
We really need to move on!

Most of the songs were tedious pish. You have to laugh at Rangers fans defending their inalienable right to keep the memory of Bobby Sands alive. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be comical.

The club has made it clear it can't be bothered with this pish but some people think they're more important than the club. So we are where we are.

I hate the fact that a scumbag terrorist's name is sung at Ibrox.

it does not matter if the fans sing songs or not. people who hate us will say something anyway. songs about your history we should be singing them. because they tell your history all the good bits and the bad bits. you can not change your history.

Back