Official Balogun and Firth officially gone

Shame about Balogun he was a decent stand in. Guess there must be another CB coming in or King’s being promoted to first team full time.

See plenty on twitter going nuts about not renewing Balogun. Don't understand that, Club could have someone lined up or targets they want.

Come home the Moabit Marvel. Hertha could do worse than give him a year.

It's the right call, but he has to go down as one of the best free transfer signings the club has made.

All the best to them

Very surprised we aren't keeping Balogun for another year or so though
We have Goldson, Souttar, Helander, King and Katie if we decide to keep him.
And of course Calvin who more than filled Balogun’s boots on many occasions!!!

Big Leon was a good player for Rangers.
It wouldn't have bothered me one bit if he had stayed.
I don't know what his wages are like, but he should find another club easily enough because he is still a very quick and reliable centre-back.
A club like Hearts or Hibs should really be looking at him.

With Souttar’s arrival and Goldson penning a new deal it was probably inevitable that big Leon departed.

Personally I think he was a superb signing and I hope he finds another club soon.

You’d have to imagine a few Bundesliga clubs might take a punt?

Balogun more than played his part over the past 2 years but this is definitely the right decision in terms of wages & his fitness record. Provided stability and cover when Katic went down long term and Helander's prawn cracker legs continually fell apart.

Considering he was a free transfer, you can't argue with his contribution.

Shame about balogun, been solid for us last two years.

If we didn’t have so many cb’s eh helander and katic and Simpson I’d have kept him.

All the best to him

All the best to Leon on his future endeavours.Gave us 100% when pulling on the Blue Jersey.

We can’t carry players who have to be managed and play a couple of games a month at best.
Too many players like this costs you trophies.
We don’t have too like too far back to see this!

Balogun has been brilliant for us, gave us well more than I ever thought he would.

But still can’t keep people around forever or on sentiment, probably the right time for him to go

Reactions: CF4
all the best Balogun a great play players for us wanted him to sign for another year, firth has had a great job the last 2 years im sure he will be still going to rangers games

Just thinking about Balogun's goals - as far as I can recall, he only scored in Europe. Is that right?

In which case how many players over the years have scored more than once for Rangers, all goals coming in Europe?

Balogun was decent for us, served the club well.

Leaves a League Winner and Scottish Cup Winner.

All the best.

Firth, great mascot.

Sensible decisions all round.

Love Big Balogun but for me King takes his place in the pecking order. Balogun has been a great signing and can hold his head high

Leon was a great servant to the club and will be remembered fondly. Andy Firth, cult hero.

Thank you for your service both of you.

Liked Balogun. Put in some top performances but it's clear he is struggling with injuries and is definitely in the twilight of his career. Good luck to him.

Right decision re. Balogun in my opinion. 34, injury-prone and at best the 4th/5th option. I'd rather those rotational minutes were used to assist the development of Leon King.

If all were fit and when playing the system with 4 at the back my CB 'depth chart' as it stands would be -

1. Goldson
2. Souttar
3. Bassey
4. Helander
5. King
6. Katic

I would be looking to bring in someone to replace Helander though and trying to move him on.

Will be remembered fondly by me as a crucial part of that solid defence that won 55 and progressed us in Europe. Will still have a lot to offer whoever he signs for. Still a first pick at international level for his country. The big man leaves with my best wishes. All the best

Back