Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Like Pat Nevin they knew who to avoid ? Which is absolutely sickening, if not in the know, you were exposed to the piranhas.

Those who suspected and did nothing, shame on you, your behaviour cost a lot of grief and distress to many innocent young people.
The in house dealing with the scurrilous rumours has left a legacy of depravity and debauchery, which the sporting world and beyond could never imagine.

Like Pat Nevin they knew who to avoid ? Which is absolutely sickening, if not in the know, you were exposed to the piranhas.

Those who suspected and did nothing, shame on you, your behaviour cost a lot of grief and distress to many innocent young people.
The in house dealing with the scurrilous rumours has left a legacy of depravity and debauchery, which the sporting world and beyond could never imagine.
So true and so sad. Sickening behaviour.

This is actually about as strong a point as you could make.

If the boys club is a separate entity how could it be possible to run an ‘internal enquiry’ ?

Even the mention of it proves their guilt.

But it's as ludicrous as Apple auditing Samsung.

I keep getting this terrible feeling that they are getting away with this and this time next year they will still not have been in court. This thread started three years ago and we are still waiting for somebody to say guilty. Even then they will appeal and as I am in my eighties will I ever see justice done .... I blxxdy hope so.
Who knows what will happen. The scale of this is huge.
Each member of Spotlight has an off day. Sometimes it gets too much but something inside keeps you going, especially when we uncover more.
That club knew and they have tried to bury it.
This will go on for a long time and we believe we’ve only scratched the surface.
The accounts that we’ve heard are horrendous. We have to fight on and we will.

Each member of Spotlight has an off day. Sometimes it gets too much but something inside keeps you going, especially when we uncover more.
This will go on for a long time and we believe we’ve only scratched the surface.

I am sure the survivors and those like Ms Gray are highly appreciative of the efforts of Spotlight.

And like Ms Ganim - acknowledge the fact that the truth and justice is important for future generations too.

There have been a few criminal cases where their coaches / employees have been guilty in the last few years mate.

There are 5 new cases that are awaiting trial that have been publicised in the last couple of years.

There has been a civil case that Celtic lost in the last three years too, August 2019 to be accurate.

For me, things have moved forward very well for the victims in the last few years.
The civil case they lost...
Why no sporting sanctions as a result?

SNP protecting their core votes, I also heard large donations from the Catholic Church were given to the snp, I would be very surprised if beast fc never donated anything, FOI would be interesting.
It’s ridiculous posts like this that lessens the actions of those trying to publicise the the wrong doing at the paedodome. The RC church made no donations to the SNP or any other party, “I also heard…” is just made up nonsense.

It’s ridiculous posts like this that lessens the actions of those trying to publicise the the wrong doing at the paedodome. The RC church made no donations to the SNP or any other party, “I also heard…” is just made up nonsense.
It's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility though, is it?

SNP protecting their core votes, I also heard large donations from the Catholic Church were given to the snp, I would be very surprised if beast fc never donated anything, FOI would be interesting.
This core vote stuff is nonsense. 16% of this countries population is Catholic. Of that 16% how many are Celtic fans that eligible to vote? The SNP regularly post numbers in the High 40 percentile some times in the 50s. If people who consider themselves Protestant and Rangers supporters don't vote for them in high numbers they wouldn't be in power.

It's simple arithmetic.

It also has to be pointed out that if it wasn't for the Scottish government the current class action case against Celtic would not be possible. They brought in the legislation that allows it. Before 2017 HCA cases were time barred after 3 years. They scrapped that and made the cut off point 1964, two years before CBC was formed. They then brought in the class action legislation in 2020.

In saying all that, they have been an utter disgrace in their handling of this situation and historic child abuse in general. I wouldn't look to Westminster for help though because their track record on this has been equally horrific. It's as if those in power don't want to look to closely at this subject.

One can only imagine why.

'SNP protecting their core votes'......................that part is far, far from nonsense!. They get a lot of their votes from certain sections in Scottish society and will appease them, rather than actually do what is best for the country. And as for the SNP and arithmetic..........well that is another issue altogether.

The main thing though, is to get justice for the victims of this. These guys have put a lot of time and effort into getting this far and we can only hope that they have the energy to fight long enough to see it out. The longer it drags on though and the reluctance from the SG and the SFA to properly investigate, just makes me wonder now, how far this scandal actually goes. I am beginning to suspect this actually is a whole bigger scandal that what I ever imagined previously.

Last edited:
'SNP protecting their core votes'......................that part is far, far from nonsense!. They get a lot of their votes from certain sections in Scottish society and will appease them, rather than actually do what is best for the country. And as for the SNP and arithmetic..........well that is another issue altogether.

The main thing though, is to get justice for the victims of this. These guys have put a lot of time and effort into getting this far and we can only hope that they have the energy to fight long enough to see it out. The longer it drags on though and the reluctance from the SG and the SFA to properly investigate, just makes me wonder now, how far this scandal actually goes. I am beginning to suspect this actually is a whole bigger scandal that what I ever imagined previously.
See post 41322.

SNP protecting their core vote basically doing what Labour done for decades in Scotland, in their hey day how many Catholics did your local Council have that were Labour men, and what favours did they do their own Monklandsgate springs to mind. In my local town they built an RC Primary about half a mile from another whilst a few years later demolished the Non Denom PS which sat about 250 yards from the Original RC one, and they kids had to then be bussed 2 miles to another school which was a former RC Secondary annexe, which funnily enough had it's main building demolished and land sold off for housing and a brand new school built on land gifted to the people of the town in the way of a public park by a Philanthropist in the Victorian era for recreational use and refurbished the other senior RC secondary in the town along with the ND however the second ND one was demolished and sold off for housing and the pupils of that catchment area are now obliged to go to another town about 3 miles away.
Remember Labour brought in the Catholic Education bill in the early 20th Century and have turned a blind eye to equal jobs opportunities ever since. It would appear this Cult has more powers through placemen than the so called secretive Masonic Society will ever have. Opus Dei anyone?
So it should not come as a shock, we go on about journalists in newspapers growing a pair but these stories/reports/investigations have to get past their Editors who are obviously placemen the crap that they print about Rangers, and her fans would confirm this but then again they are not getting the BLUE £ for advertising of season ticket renewals/Club shop sales promos of new jerseys etc.....unlike Timothy with SSB and the Rebel who print the Celtic View , they cannot afford to bite the hand that feeds them.

The civil case they lost...
Why no sporting sanctions as a result?

I wrote to the SFA & the SPFL regarding this matter at the point they lost the case asking what action they have taken against a member club losing such a case.
Having also highlighted several aspects after a certain club were seen to have held internal sex abuse investigations which both the SFA & SPFL were more than aware of, asking not only what action they took against the club but what action if any they also took on finding out about such accusations with regards to contacting the Police etc & if they had taken no action, why? And, surprise surprise they did not even reply.
They are all up to their necks in the cover up.

That Scotland's RC population is 16/17% is correct, however the assertion that the SNP regularly poll in the high 40%, even over 50% is simply untrue. These charlatans gain power because the ''good guys'' are hopelessly split 3 ways.
In the last Scottish elections the SNP took 47.7% of the list vote and 40.3% of the regional vote. The list vote was 1.2% higher than they polled in the previous election 46.5%. I'd say my assertion that they hit numbers in the high 40 percentile is absolutely correct.

I think you need to wake up to fact that it's not just the Catholic minority voting for them.

In the last Scottish elections the SNP took 47.7% of the list vote and 40.3% of the regional vote. The list vote was 1.2% higher than they polled in the previous election 46.5%. I'd say my assertion that they hit numbers in the high 40 percentile is absolutely correct.

I think you need to wake up to fact that it's not just the Catholic minority voting for them.
I agree on the RC minority point. You know fine well however that many of their seats/wards are gained courtesy of polling around the 35%plus mark, and the rest split 3 ways. They did so well in the last Scottish election they control one outright council. Any way back to the subject matter of this thread.

Don't want to clog up this thread with information that's not relevant to the subject but I think the main point is that the Catholic population historically vote as a block, heavily influenced by their church. So having a 16% block of the population voting one way is significant. To add to that, I have known many celtic supporters who are not Catholic but sympathise with their political views.

The political programs on all TV channels around the last independence poll all seemed to go with the fact that there was around a third of the population in Scotland that were settled on Independence being the way forward. The other two thirds are either against or have not made their mind up.

I agree on the RC minority point. You know fine well however that many of their seats/wards are gained courtesy of polling around the 35%plus mark, and the rest split 3 ways. They did so well in the last Scottish election they control one outright council. Any way back to the subject matter of this thread.
I don't know where you are getting your information but it's all wrong. There are 32 councils in Scotland. The SNP are running 15 of them. The gained over 20 councillors at the last election and improved their overall share of the vote.

Know your enemy mate. You seem intent on underestimating them.

Keep it going guys. It WILL come out and they WILL be exposed world wide for what they have done and continue to do. No thanks to our bigoted government and msm.

Don't underestimate your enemies.
Don't underestimate Spotlight either.
Spotlight has did a fantastic job and is still doing it on a daily basis. How do they do it. By uncovering the facts. They don't make statements based on nothing but there own personal opinion or political point of view.

And that is how they will bring the house of horrors crashing down and hopefully bring those who enabled the horrors to some form of justice.

This core vote stuff is nonsense. 16% of this countries population is Catholic. Of that 16% how many are Celtic fans that eligible to vote? The SNP regularly post numbers in the High 40 percentile some times in the 50s. If people who consider themselves Protestant and Rangers supporters don't vote for them in high numbers they wouldn't be in power.

It's simple arithmetic.

It also has to be pointed out that if it wasn't for the Scottish government the current class action case against Celtic would not be possible. They brought in the legislation that allows it. Before 2017 HCA cases were time barred after 3 years. They scrapped that and made the cut off point 1964, two years before CBC was formed. They then brought in the class action legislation in 2020.

In saying all that, they have been an utter disgrace in their handling of this situation and historic child abuse in general. I wouldn't look to Westminster for help though because their track record on this has been equally horrific. It's as if those in power don't want to look to closely at this subject.

One can only imagine why.

16% of the whole population might be RC but the 40% or 50% vote they get isnt from the whole population. Its 40% or 50% of those who vote and that's a hell of a lot less than the whole population.

Another point to consider is the RC vote is like a block vote to a certain extent. Non RC's vote based on their individual preferences. This makes it politically prudent to appeal to this 'block'.

Yes they are also trying to brainwash my children in school now about scottish independence, Protestant school might I add

16% of the whole population might be RC but the 40% or 50% vote they get isnt from the whole population. Its 40% or 50% of those who vote and that's a hell of a lot less than the whole population.

Another point to consider is the RC vote is like a block vote to a certain extent. Non RC's vote based on their individual preferences. This makes it politically prudent to appeal to this 'block'.
Mate they are 16% of the population. Out of that 16% are eligible to vote? Say 70%.

Out of those 70% how many actually voted? Well the turnout at the last Holyrood elections was 63.5%. There is no reason to suggest that Catholics or Nationalists turned in higher percentages than the rest of the population especially when unionists parties actually won more votes on the constituency list. As I previously stated, logic and basic Arithmetic says that the SNP's core vote are actually those from the majority peoples of this country. People who consider themselves protestant. Of those people many will favour Rangers.

As for the Catholic "block" vote. I don't get that. I am on several different forums that have Tims on them and most are Labour diehards. Some even spout the virtues of a united Ireland but are totally against an independent Scotland. There's a pub in Holytown and the guy who owned it at the time, the most bitter of plastics hailing from Coatbridge, put a massive rant the night before the Indy referendum about how he would be voting No despite him being an ardent republican.

My point is that whilst we make these sweeping generalisations that are based on nothing more than wishful thinking the bigger picture is in danger of being missed. You might think the SNP are doing everything they can to appease the unwashed but it was the same SNP that brought in the legislation that has made the chance for the victims of Celtic Boys club to finally get justice.

That doesn't mean the SNP aren't a waste of space. It just means that they have did some good things along with all the bad.

Slightly off topic but interesting all the same.

See the perpetrator is dead - and the institution is charged - exactly the way it should be. Both are cuplable.

£150,000 is substantially insufficient though. Ruined the victims life and he only gains benefit of a few years salary in his later years.

Unacceptable.

Don't underestimate your enemies.
Don't underestimate Spotlight either.
We have many enemies and they have come for us, and they will come again. They come in many different forms.
Each member of Spotlight knew from day one what we were getting involved in.
After what we’ve heard and discovered then we won’t back down. We will never surrender.
One day the truth will come out and we just hope that justice will prevail. Obviously for the brave gentlemen that have come forward they must receive justice. In terms of the club? They knew for 5 decades and probably more. Just let that sink in. How many boys suffered?
There’s some that haven’t came forward and we respect that. Of course we do. These men have their reasons.
We’ve said this previously in the thread. Please feel free to share and use our research.
One more thing. These bastards operated for decades. It’s evil what we’ve heard. People knew and people still know.
And the club claim “separate entity”
That’s just inhumane.

Back