Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

In the last Scottish elections the SNP took 47.7% of the list vote and 40.3% of the regional vote. The list vote was 1.2% higher than they polled in the previous election 46.5%. I'd say my assertion that they hit numbers in the high 40 percentile is absolutely correct.

I think you need to wake up to fact that it's not just the Catholic minority voting for them.

But only 31% of the total eligible electorate vote. Which is far closer to the Catholic vote levels you mentioned. You potentially have a minority of Catholics in Scotland being responsible for almost 50% of their vote. Its significant and its why they never upset them

We have many enemies and they have come for us, and they will come again. They come in many different forms.
Each member of Spotlight knew from day one what we were getting involved in.
After what we’ve heard and discovered then we won’t back down. We will never surrender.
One day the truth will come out and we just hope that justice will prevail. Obviously for the brave gentlemen that have come forward they must receive justice. In terms of the club? They knew for 5 decades and probably more. Just let that sink in. How many boys suffered?
There’s some that haven’t came forward and we respect that. Of course we do. These men have their reasons.
We’ve said this previously in the thread. Please feel free to share and use our research.
One more thing. These bastards operated for decades. It’s evil what we’ve heard. People knew and people still know.
And the club claim “separate entity”
That’s just inhumane.
It's is now imperative that those who not only knew but enabled and actually profited from the disgrace and are now living their comfortable lifes out in Glasgow's leafy suburbia are brought to book. Are made to pay for the complicity. Those are as evil as the predators they let loose.

But only 31% of the total eligible electorate vote. Which is far closer to the Catholic vote levels you mentioned. You potentially have a minority of Catholics in Scotland being responsible for almost 50% of their vote. Its significant and its why they never upset them
The turn out for that election was 63.5%

It was, In fact, the largest turn out ever recorded for a Scottish parliament election.

Ffs just stop!

I’ve seen this so many times and I’ve been up on my soap box on FF, we the
Non RCs are Too Bloody Lazy to vote, Yet We are the first to moan. I appreciate
FF is a small amount of the voters out there, however if you encourage friends, relatives to vote then we could win back our Country. However until such times as we get up of our arses, we’ll still be ruled by the Cult Minority!

@BN94 Have spotlight considered doing podcasts like James English to try and get this story out there more?

He dome an episode with the Glasgow pedophiles hunters group so I'd imagine there's scope for it.

The turn out for that election was 63.5%

It was, In fact, the largest turn out ever recorded for a Scottish parliament election.

Ffs just stop!

What are you actualy gibbering about? 63% of all eligible voters turned out. So the SNP didnt get 47% of the total vote. They got 47% of the 63% that turned out. It equates to just under 31% of every voter in Scotland that could vote. (1,291,202 out of 4,280,785 potential voters)

Thats the stat that matters, if you are talking about the total percentage of Catholic voters. Otherwise 16/18% of the population is a totally meaningless statistic because you dont know how many of each denomination voted. If that full 16/18% voted. It means their vote share is worth significantly more.

Take your time next time, before you dive in. But just to show how significant that 16% could have been.  If they all voted, and if, they block voted labour instead of SNP. Then Labour would have won that election. Its significant. Its extremely weird how much you are going out your way to downplay its potential.

I’ve seen this so many times and I’ve been up on my soap box on FF, we the
Non RCs are Too Bloody Lazy to vote, Yet We are the first to moan. I appreciate
FF is a small amount of the voters out there, however if you encourage friends, relatives to vote then we could win back our Country. However until such times as we get up of our arses, we’ll still be ruled by the Cult Minority!
My thoughts exactly and the Orange Order should be doing more in way of educating and informing members on political topics . I have always said if we as a religion as Protestants were more political educated we could run this country . Thats what that mob have done through the unions chapels etc

My thoughts exactly and the Orange Order should be doing more in way of educating and informing members on political topics . I have always said if we as a religion as Protestants were more political educated we could run this country . Thats what that mob have done through the unions chapels etc

It is amazing that we are giving it away. What are we passing down to our kids?

A country where their generation and their children’s generation will be chastised.

Even Great Britain - most countries of the world would give their all to be part of GB - and we're all watching it being taken away from us. FFS

What are you actualy gibbering about? 63% of all eligible voters turned out. So the SNP didnt get 47% of the total vote. They got 47% of the 63% that turned out. It equates to just under 31% of every voter in Scotland that could vote. (1,291,202 out of 4,280,785 potential voters)

Thats the stat that matters, if you are talking about the total percentage of Catholic voters. Otherwise 16/18% of the population is a totally meaningless statistic because you dont know how many of each denomination voted. If that full 16/18% voted. It means their vote share is worth significantly more.

Take your time next time, before you dive in. But just to show how significant that 16% could have been.  If they all voted, and if, they block voted labour instead of SNP. Then Labour would have won that election. Its significant. Its extremely weird how much you are going out your way to downplay its potential.
Emm, but naw, the SNP did get 47% of the total vote because you can only take percentages of those who actually vote.

BUT BUT BUT! They didn't get the vote of the potential people who didn't bother to.vote!

Are you mental!

Emm, but naw, the SNP did get 47% of the total vote because you can only take percentages of those who actually vote.

BUT BUT BUT! They didn't get the vote of the potential people who didn't bother to.vote!

Are you mental!

Jeezo man, its basic math. Youre right Catholic vote is irrelevant and not at all why Salmond and Sturgeon openly courted it. I bow to your superior knowledge

The fact snp are not having an inquest into this peado ring that ran at the piggery is absolutely disgusting and speaks volumes, any rangers fan voting for snp is a Timothy in disguise
They have too much to lose if they were to investigate these serious crimes.

Don't forget previous Scottish Governments have failed the victims as well.

Politics is a dirty game and none of them should be trusted.

They have too much to lose if they were to investigate these serious crimes.

Don't forget previous Scottish Governments have failed the victims as well.

Politics is a dirty game and none of them should be trusted.
Mate I am just trying to smoke the rats out lol

@BN94 Have spotlight considered doing podcasts like James English to try and get this story out there more?

He dome an episode with the Glasgow pedophiles hunters group so I'd imagine there's scope for it.
Spotlight are not the story. We’ve been approached by some asking for interviews etc.
No. Why would you want to speak to Spotlight? Our research is there for anyone to use.

Spotlight are not the story. We’ve been approached by some asking for interviews etc.
No. Why would you want to speak to Spotlight? Our research is there for anyone to use.
I'm not saying they are the story and wasn't suggesting the interview would be done unde the name of spotlight. But I do feel like you guys are best placed to highlight what needs highlighted and with the platform that James English has it may help get the story out.

But as you say, the evidence is all there and those with the power to get the story out to the masses, clearly, for whatever reason don't have an appetite for it.

I'm not saying they are the story and wasn't suggesting the interview would be done unde the name of spotlight. But I do feel like you guys are best placed to highlight what needs highlighted and with the platform that James English has it may help get the story out.

But as you say, the evidence is all there and those with the power to get the story out to the masses, clearly, for whatever reason don't have an appetite for it.

I'm sure I suggested, years ago now, on this thread about Joe Rogan. He's obviously gone stratospheric, but he has no love for the evil church having grown up in it and seen it for what it is.
Fully appreciate Spotlight aren't the story, but it does feel like it needs to explode into public consciousness with outside the box thinking.
I think a lot of pessimism comes from the lack of faith in our own institutions and media. They need to be forced into confronting it, whereas the slowness of it all suits them just fine. Maybe there is stuff in the pipeline after court cases etc, but with the deck so stacked against the survivors and spotlight, it does feel like they need to throw a curve ball in somewhere, in my opinion. Something that demands attention from the world and that they simply can't refute/wriggle away from

It might put pressure on some MSP’s who said they would support an independent enquiry who have all to my knowledge gone quiet. I do understand your point though.

Mate they are 16% of the population. Out of that 16% are eligible to vote? Say 70%.

Out of those 70% how many actually voted? Well the turnout at the last Holyrood elections was 63.5%. There is no reason to suggest that Catholics or Nationalists turned in higher percentages than the rest of the population especially when unionists parties actually won more votes on the constituency list. As I previously stated, logic and basic Arithmetic says that the SNP's core vote are actually those from the majority peoples of this country. People who consider themselves protestant. Of those people many will favour Rangers.

As for the Catholic "block" vote. I don't get that. I am on several different forums that have Tims on them and most are Labour diehards. Some even spout the virtues of a united Ireland but are totally against an independent Scotland. There's a pub in Holytown and the guy who owned it at the time, the most bitter of plastics hailing from Coatbridge, put a massive rant the night before the Indy referendum about how he would be voting No despite him being an ardent republican.

My point is that whilst we make these sweeping generalisations that are based on nothing more than wishful thinking the bigger picture is in danger of being missed. You might think the SNP are doing everything they can to appease the unwashed but it was the same SNP that brought in the legislation that has made the chance for the victims of Celtic Boys club to finally get justice.

That doesn't mean the SNP aren't a waste of space. It just means that they have did some good things along with all the bad.

You're still missing my point.

No one is suggesting the RC block vote is larger than all the other votes combined or indeed that all RC's vote for the SNP.

The point is the SNP try to appeal to this block as it can, and in my opinion does, top up their numbers pushing them over the winning line.

Without research its not possible to say if my opinion is accurate or not but that is my belief.

My cousin is a Rangers' fan and votes SNP. His father died while attending a Rangers' match at Falkirk. His extended family including my own family are 100% PUL but he still votes SNP. There are many others like him.

It has been mentioned on here that there are some sympathetic journalists on standby obviously as not to prejudice the upcoing cases they are hanging fire but have the intimated in any way as to why the media silence, for example the case against the scum Kitman settled out of court why was this not a lever to pile in on that scum club by all media vehicles to publicise this abhorrent scandal to all?

It has been mentioned on here that there are some sympathetic journalists on standby obviously as not to prejudice the upcoing cases they are hanging fire but have the intimated in any way as to why the media silence, for example the case against the scum Kitman settled out of court why was this not a lever to pile in on that scum club by all media vehicles to publicise this abhorrent scandal to all?

I cannot see any evidence of any Scottish, or other journalist(s) on standby to report or exploit the historical paedophile news coming from celtic fc.

Seems to me that it is groups like Spotlight that are pressing to get this into the public domain.

Because of that, I have no idea why even the NSPCC are not in the frontline lambasting celtic fc.

The civil case they lost...
Why no sporting sanctions as a result?
The same reason that will come into play even when they get hit with the big one (Class A).

The SFA have no appetite to go after their masters.

When the time comes we need to be very active on pressuring the bastards that sit in Hampden drinking tea and patting each other on the back.

By that I don't mean a few emails and a few rants on here. We need to be outside that shithole protesting and harassing them as they try to enter the building. They will let it slide if nothing happens.

I would also hope that the Rangers board are very vocal after the disgraceful way we were treated for Whyte avoiding some tax & NI payments the monetary amount of which were greatly exaggerated by our compliant media to suit the main agenda against us.

Yours Faithfully

Angry Man Loyal

Sorry if that came across a bit abrupt. It wasn’t meant to. For a journalist to take this on then it would be a full time commitment. It’s like you say. It’s finding someone with the appetite. All they have to do is read the Spotlight account from day one. It’s all there with more to come.

Sorry if that came across a bit abrupt. It wasn’t meant to. For a journalist to take this on then it would be a full time commitment. It’s like you say. It’s finding someone with the appetite. All they have to do is read the Spotlight account from day one. It’s all there with more to come.

Why a budding journalist with the true appetite for journalism wouldn't take this up is truly saddening for the profession. A journalist enters the industry to expose crimes like this – and it is there to be snatched up.

Sara Ganim has been mentioned and her career after exposing Penn State is a good measure of the potential success that can be gained – outside of the achievement that the journalist industry supposedly expects.

Back