Mygers points being updated

From the points update email:

No mention of losing points for missing a game.
Oh I know what was in the email mate, just reporting what somebody posted on here. It does say on there 'If you also attended the average rounded down number of matches made available to your tier' - so I'm assuming the poster in question must have attended fewer than the average figure quoted. No idea, in all honesty.

Have you managed to catch my questions to SLO yesterday?

No explanation how tier numbers weren’t reviewed when overall membership numbers fell short of projections, only response was “there’ll always be people unhappy with decisions” (paraphrasing”

Incredible
Yes, I think my explanation above of them trying to please everybody when it didn't change to 5 years is probably closer to the truth but they won't say it.

I'm lucky up to a point that I don't want domestic aways but have to play the game to get the points so the less the better as far as I'm concerned.

I probably would have thought twice about rejoining if they had stayed at 5 from the outset as euro aways will be a lot harder to get as everyone else will also be playing the game with them as long as they are posted out.

As points still accrue, I could have saved £80 and rejoined in 3 years time.

Yes, I think my explanation above of them trying to please everybody when it didn't change to 5 years is probably closer to the truth but they won't say it.

I'm lucky up to a point that I don't want domestic aways but have to play the game to get the points so the less the better as far as I'm concerned.

I probably would have thought twice about rejoining if they had stayed at 5 from the outset as euro aways will be a lot harder to get as everyone else will also be playing the game with them as long as they are posted out.

As points still accrue, I could have saved £80 and rejoined in 3 years time.
Ohh it absolutely is.

The only reason some golds got 7 last season was because July-December there was only approx circa 2100 golds. There was a mishap in October where some silvers were artificially promoted in error and got Motherwell/St Mirren tickets from the gold pool they shouldn’t have. They were then relegated again

In January, numbers in gold increased to circa 2500 golds, and then just under 3000 golds in April.

Anyone in gold from the outset was lucky if they got 2 tickets from January onwards because there was an extra 400 from Jan-April and then an extra 500 for post split games.

Golds will absolutely not be getting 7 tickets next season. Gold will be lucky to get 5 tickets now they club have further increased it to 3481. People will start noticing it and asking questions during the season when in truth they should be noticing my post and asking questions now

How can the club justify increasing gold by approx 40% from July 2021 to July 2022 when overall membership hasn’t increased by the same level?

Their decision to inflate gold members is absolutely to do with pleasing as many people as possible, at the detriment of the people they said would be “rewarded”. Loyalty scheme to a fairness scheme.

By adding more silvers to gold, the promoted silvers will get an extra 1/2 tickets than they would’ve if they stayed silver. It also means more silvers will get the chance at away tickets from the silver pool (given only approx 30% of silvers were applying for aways last season anyway)

People can make their own minds up and analyse what I’ve posted

Ohh it absolutely is.

The only reason some golds got 7 last season was because July-December there was only approx circa 2100 golds. There was a mishap in October where some silvers were artificially promoted in error and got Motherwell/St Mirren tickets from the gold pool they shouldn’t have. They were then relegated again

In January, numbers in gold increased to circa 2500 golds, and then just under 3000 golds in April.

Anyone in gold from the outset was lucky if they got 2 tickets from January onwards because there was an extra 400 from Jan-April and then an extra 500 for post split games.

Golds will absolutely not be getting 7 tickets next season. Gold will be lucky to get 5 tickets now they club have further increased it to 3481. People will start noticing it and asking questions during the season when in truth they should be noticing my post and asking questions now

How can the club justify increasing gold by approx 40% from July 2021 to July 2022 when overall membership hasn’t increased by the same level?

Their decision to inflate gold members is absolutely to do with pleasing as many people as possible, at the detriment of the people they said would be “rewarded”. Loyalty scheme to a fairness scheme.

By adding more silvers to gold, the promoted silvers will get an extra 1/2 tickets than they would’ve if they stayed silver. It also means more silvers will get the chance at away tickets from the silver pool (given only approx 30% of silvers were applying for aways last season anyway)

The problem is that even when they realise, all that happens is that they moan on here. The only real way to get major changes is for enough people to stop buying into it but that won't happen as it is a requirement to get tickets.

The problem is that even when they realise, all that happens is that they moan on here. The only real way to get major changes is for enough people to stop buying into it but that won't happen as it is a requirement to get tickets.
If enough people contacted for an explanation or to voice displeasure, they would notice

Better still, if we could get an agreement between people to starve the club of add ons until they explain the decision properly so people can hear it from them, then it would have an impact

If enough people contacted for an explanation or to voice displeasure, they would notice

Better still, if we could get an agreement between people to starve the club of add ons until they explain the decision properly so people can hear it from them, then it would have an impact
The problem is that different things affect different people. Increasing gold doesn't affect me but staying at 5 seasons does. You are the opposite to an extent but not affected as much as others in gold so we are starting at opposite sides of the argument and splitting the challenge.

They know that if they can fudge it to please enough people there will be grumbling but not much else.

Isn't it the case that those who didn't buy risked losing a point under the hybrid points calculation?:eek:

I'm sure I saw someone post that instead of the 15 points they'd been given either 14 or 13 points due to missing a ticket.
No that can’t be right.

My mate bought 1 on silver and he got the 5 for registering but he didn’t get the 10 attendance as he didn’t attend the average silver games

Ohh it absolutely is.

The number in Gold from the Covid season to last season dropped so maybe that is them saying that they were wrong to drop those who were in Gold for 20/21 season and yet dropped to Silver for 21/22 despite nobody entering a football ground for a year.

See if Golds are getting 6/7 and like myself last year 8 tickets last season plus guaranteed Hampden and as it turns out a European final, I really don’t know what more people are looking for when there people in lower tiers lucky to get 2 tickets.

The number in Gold from the Covid season to last season dropped so maybe that is them saying that they were wrong to drop those who were in Gold for 20/21 season and yet dropped to Silver for 21/22 despite nobody entering a football ground for a year.

See if Golds are getting 6/7 and like myself last year 8 tickets last season plus guaranteed Hampden and as it turns out a European final, I really don’t know what more people are looking for when there people in lower tiers lucky to get 2 tickets.
We won’t be getting 6 or 7 though, that’s what I’m saying.

If they’d kept it around 2500 that’s what we’d get over the course of a season but now they’ve increased it by 1000, we’ll get 5 if we’re lucky

They’ve effectively just removed tickets from gold to give to lower tiers. It’s meant to be a loyalty scheme, doing so proves it absolutely isn’t a loyalty scheme.

It’s Sunday though and I don’t feel too great so I can’t be bothered ranting today, I will pick it up again tomorrow when I feel a bit better

We won’t be getting 6 or 7 though, that’s what I’m saying.

If they’d kept it around 2500 that’s what we’d get over the course of a season but now they’ve increased it by 1000, we’ll get 5 if we’re lucky

They’ve effectively just removed tickets from gold to give to lower tiers. It’s meant to be a loyalty scheme, doing so proves it absolutely isn’t a loyalty scheme.

It’s Sunday though and I don’t feel too great so I can’t be bothered ranting today, I will pick it up again tomorrow when I feel a bit better

I don’t see there being much difference on how many tickets you end up on. Time will tell.

Some people won’t be happy until everything is top down which in my opinion is wrong.

I don’t see there being much difference on how many tickets you end up on. Time will tell.

Some people won’t be happy until everything is top down which in my opinion is wrong.
I haven’t ever been a proponent of the scheme being top down domestically aside from Parkhead and even then, I said top 500 should get 1 each (250 one game, 250 next)

You’d struggle to find me ever suggesting every domestic game should be top down. That point is misdirected if you’re implying that’s my opinion

We absolutely won’t get 7 tickets. If you save this post and gold get more than 5, I’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choice

I haven’t ever been a proponent of the scheme being top down domestically aside from Parkhead and even then, I said top 500 should get 1 each (250 one game, 250 next)

You’d struggle to find me ever suggesting every domestic game should be top down. That point is misdirected if you’re implying that’s my opinion

We absolutely won’t get 7 tickets. If you save this post and gold get more than 5, I’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choice

I’ve not had a sniff of a piggery ticket since I stood and watched them hump us 5-0 to win the league.

I would not be best pleased if it went to top down.

I’ve not had a sniff of a piggery ticket since I stood and watched them hump us 5-0 to win the league.

I would not be best pleased if it went to top down.
My argument for top down is that it’s a one-off game and top 500 of whole scheme would be rewarded with 1 ticket per season to go watch us there. There’s a chance that the top 500 could change and it would be an incentive for people to buy add ons to get there. At present, I have over 320 more points than the cut off for gold which amounts to 0000s

Again, to reiterate, I don’t think the scheme could ever be top down for every domestic away and I don’t recall ever suggesting it. I wouldn’t support every game being top down and understand commercially for the club it wouldn’t make sense; I do, however, believe that’s how a proper loyalty scheme would work

Again, my point stands though as I’ve digressed - gold members won’t get 7 tickets next season, we’ll be lucky to get 5. If more than 5 drop me a message and pick your charity bud

Last edited by a moderator:
How many tickets do we usually get for Livingston and will most MyGers members get one do we think?

I had hoped to make it into gold this time but it wasn't to be due to the drop off.

Obviously those who go everywhere are gold- and rightly so! The real winners are those that signed up the year Gerrard came in, now Gold if you ticked the boxes.

Pure gutted :-(

I had hoped to make it into gold this time but it wasn't to be due to the drop off.

Obviously those who go everywhere are gold- and rightly so! The real winners are those that signed up the year Gerrard came in, now Gold if you ticked the boxes.

It doesn’t mean that much overall, we’ll get maybe 2/3 more away games but if you’re close to it and on cccs you’ll be guaranteed finals at least :)

Not true , I’ve five years history all cccs braga and Belgrade away one year rangers tv and 49 points from gold .

It doesn’t mean that much overall, we’ll get maybe 2/3 more away games but if you’re close to it and on cccs you’ll be guaranteed finals at least :)
Gold will now be on 5 games, albeit it guarantees hampden games and if in top 3/400 guarantees euro aways if you want to plan travel as soon as fixtures are released

It’s going to be interesting what happens following the bus re-categorisations in conjunction with mygers. The increase to 3500 has annoyed me enough to cement my decision that I won’t buy any add ons anymore. I’m confident I could pick up 5 spares over the course of a season so if that’s all you’re getting in gold, what’s the point. Clubs doing themselves out of a few hundred a year donation essentially

I don’t think (could be wrong) someone that signed up in Gerrards season could be gold, 17/18 is still counted so they’d be missing a full year of season ticket, games and CCCS, plus the next year away CCCS

I don’t think (could be wrong) someone that signed up in Gerrards season could be gold, 17/18 is still counted so they’d be missing a full year of season ticket, games and CCCS, plus the next year away CCCS
My daughter got her ST in Gerrards first season and was on CCCS up until last seasons group stage package came out last season. She's on 1165 points, no friendlies and some matches upgraded to adult so didn't get the points for those games and no add ons purchases. Even with the points she could have had would be nowhere near gold.

Got my dates wrong. Just realised it was the warburton year that dropped off.
I ticked 5 years in the survey but it looks like 3 years would have suited me better.

Just have to accept it now.

Got my dates wrong. Just realised it was the warburton year that dropped off.
I ticked 5 years in the survey but it looks like 3 years would have suited me better.

Just have to accept it now.
It mightn’t have, coz then all the folk that joined in Gerrard season will all have a full point history and 1/3 seasons would be nothing much to differntiate.

If you were gold last season you might not be that far away, might be a couple programme or RTV away from getting back in the next update

It's now looking like points totals and tiers are going to have a minimal impact for domestic aways next season. Main benefit of having a higher points total is mainly now for euro aways and to a lesser extent Hampden.

It's now looking like points totals and tiers are going to have a minimal impact for domestic aways next season. Main benefit of having a higher points total is mainly now for euro aways and to a lesser extent Hampden.
It’ll look something like:

Gold - average of 5
Silver - 2 or 3
Bronze - 1 or 2

The difference will be that a couple thousand that went to gold last season will now allow more bronze/silver get a ticket or 2

They’ve levelled it out to make it fairer but that doesn’t link with the loyalty ethos of the system. It bugs me that people are apathetic to it

I'll try and find out what it is..emailed usual automated reply directing you to frequently asked questions..renewed season ticket, my gers and cccs....still silver was 1407 now 1367..
You went down 40 points compared to the start of last season - or compared to April update? Remember April update would have included 5 full seasons plus Oct, Jan and Apr updates from the season just ended. Effectively then, 5 and three quarter seasons. Then a full season drops off and you only have this seasons ST and MyGers renewal to add to the last 5 season, if that makes sense.

If you are comparing last July figure to this July’s figure then, as advised, it’s because you accumulated fewer points last season than in the season that’s dropped off.

I think that’s how it works anyway. @Aww Skew knows it inside out.

The simple solution is you accrued less points last season than you did in the 16/17 season?
You went down 40 points compared to the start of last season - or compared to April update? Remember April update would have included 5 full seasons plus Oct, Jan and Apr updates from the season just ended. Effectively then, 5 and three quarter seasons. Then a full season drops off and you only have this seasons ST and MyGers renewal to add to the last 5 season, if that makes sense.

If you are comparing last July figure to this July’s figure then, as advised, it’s because you accumulated fewer points last season than in the season that’s dropped off.

I think that’s how it works anyway. @Aww Skew knows it inside out.
Thanks for the info...most seasons id guess I'm roughly the same outlay.

It is compared to April update been silver since it started
That probably explains it then mate. As I clumsily described above, the April update included 5 seasons plus most of last season. The July update will be 5 seasons plus only your points for 22/23 Season Ticket and MyGers renewal (no match attendance points, Euro games etc). Virtually everybody will have gone down since April update.

I think.

That probably explains it then mate. As I clumsily described above, the April update included 5 seasons plus most of last season. The July update will be 5 seasons plus only your points for 22/23 Season Ticket and MyGers renewal (no match attendance points, Euro games etc). Virtually everybody will have gone down since April update.

I think.
Cheers bro,was in the dark..you think you're the only one going down the way!

Back