Official Women's Euro 2022

I still think it’s nuts the women teams are playing on same size pitches with same size goals as the men’s do.

The average height of a wlmen’s goalie is 5’8, in men’s football it’s 6’3.

I think it would offer more competitive games if the sizes of pitches and goals were adapted to suit.
Weight of football etc also.

I still think it’s nuts the women teams are playing on same size pitches with same size goals as the men’s do.

The average height of a wlmen’s goalie is 5’8, in men’s football it’s 6’3.

I think it would offer more competitive games if the sizes of pitches and goals were adapted to suit.
The dimensions were set out when the average height of a man was a lot smaller too though. I'd agree it could do with smaller goals/pitches but the main difference is the 100 years of expertise coaching.

The dimensions were set out when the average height of a man was a lot smaller too though. I'd agree it could do with smaller goals/pitches but the main difference is the 100 years of expertise coaching.

Someone on here made a good point that if you used smaller goals for women, where would they play that had them?
Blokes can currently walk up to thousands of parks in the UK and just play.

price.jpg

Cheap tickets to insure full houses.
You would be a fool not to.

Watching Germany v Denmark which is being played at Brentford's ground. I've just notice the mark on the bye line to stop encroachment at corners looks less than a yard from the penalty box which makes the pitch helluva narrow.

I want to be supportive of the women's game but admit I've not seen much of it. I watched the Germany Denmark game though and it was quite poor in terms of technique and strength, passing, dribbling etc.

I was thinking there were a couple of players who might develop into good players but then remembered I was watching folk who all seem to have about 150 caps for their country.

Is it just more years of coaching required or is their game just doomed to be levels below being watchable? I just found it quite frustrating if anything.

Is it just more years of coaching required or is their game just doomed to be levels below being watchable?
It's never going to get that good because the standard is completely dependent on how many young girls take an interest and play. Their numbers are always going to be way below those for boys and men.

Thought there might be a red here with how Italians can be. Wasn’t really malicious to be fair, just daft.

NI 1 down at ht
Kelly smith is smug insufferable bitch at the half time analysis
talking like Messi commentating on a junior game

Only saw the second half but the Red Handesses didn't really look at the races. But with so many part-timers it's no great surprise.

It was great to see most of the NI ladies belting out GSTQ with such gusto.
Their captain and their manager being notable exceptions. Both stood with faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

The Austrian number 6 is some unit. Brienne Of Tarth springs to mind.

Only saw the second half but the Red Handesses didn't really look at the races. But with so many part-timers it's no great surprise.

too many way off the standard
Our Demi was a class above her teammates yet was criminally underused
the captain was mince

given the gulf in levels most play at, the achivement is being there
certainly weren't embarassed today

It was great to see most of the NI ladies belting out GSTQ with such gusto.
Their captain and their manager being notable exceptions. Both stood with faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

The Austrian number 6 is some unit. Brienne Of Tarth springs to mind.
Noticed the captain. Needs dropped again

Back