Waiting List 22/23

Am I the only person who this post makes absolutely no sense to?

What about it doesn’t make sense to you?

I was intending to buy a ST attend what games I can and seatsub the games I can’t. I benefit, club benefits, other fans benefit. This would have guaranteed me the 210 points.

The problem with travelling up from England is that it’s easier to plan flights in advance… which I can do when I know I’ve got a ticket but now I’m at the mercy of the general sale getting 5 pints as and when I can.

How many points did the offers drop to?

It’s scary how scarce tickets for Ibrox actually are
This is true in my case.I only manage up 2/3 times a season for home league games.I have 2 Mygers subs and struggle to get 2 seats together for the games I get up to.

I am sitting on the computer when tickets go live for Mygers members and can be on 3 or 4 hours to get 2 together.It's not as if any tickets available all come live at the same time.In my experience they come on in dribs and drabs throughout the day.
I've tried all sorts using, different browsers.refreshing the ticket page and logging out and in again.I've yet to find the best way to do it to have the best success.

As @Aww Skew says its not easy and its getting harder to get tickets.

What about it doesn’t make sense to you?

I was intending to buy a ST attend what games I can and seatsub the games I can’t. I benefit, club benefits, other fans benefit. This would have guaranteed me the 210 points.

The problem with travelling up from England is that it’s easier to plan flights in advance… which I can do when I know I’ve got a ticket but now I’m at the mercy of the general sale getting 5 pints as and when I can.
Still makes no sense. There are very few games you won’t be guaranteed a ticket for even before you factor in people you know or the dozens selling tickets at the games.

That's Bollocks mate, my ST in MRS cost me £425 last season, 19 league games works out at less than £22.50 per game good value when you consider 2 games against them thrown in
Yeah you’ve missed my point completely. I’m saying that it’s much better value having a season ticket than it is going game to game.

Tickets are very difficult to get for league games at Ibrox. Games like Aberdeen and Hearts sell out in a matter of minutes. I reckon that the only league games that will go to public sale are the midweek ones.

So effectively your brother,as an adult,would get full use of a season ticket bought under a juvenile MyGers membership?
Would any MyGers points get accrued for buying/attending if the ticket was upgraded for every game as the ST holder(a juvenile)obviously wasn’t using it?
You don't get the points for upgrading a ticket to adult. My daughter has a ST which either gets upgraded or seatsubbed, she rightfully hasn't received any points for the matches that were upgraded.

QUOTE="scoot4nat, post: 11990795, member: 31871"]
Yeah you’ve missed my point completely. I’m saying that it’s much better value having a season ticket than it is going game to game.
[/QUOTE]
Apologies mate i picked you up wrong, sorry buddy

Tickets are very difficult to get for league games at Ibrox. Games like Aberdeen and Hearts sell out in a matter of minutes. I reckon that the only league games that will go to public sale are the midweek ones.
Just log on on in the morning and there are plenty tickets on seat sub that appear.

You'll get tickets for the vast majority of games no problem, IMO. See them getting sold outside Ibrox virtually every home game bar Celtic.

Are we at a point where people not renewing will need to wait years to get another if they give theirs up?

Can see STs being passed down families/to friends more than they necessarily would’ve. I’d like to get another ST for a family member so will likely try buy one off someone and pay a name change

The full point of having a season ticket is to watch Rangers play. If you're refusing tickets to Rangers games because you don't earn MyGers points from it then I'd say you don't deserve a season ticket.

It’s not about not getting the mygers points, it’s about someone else getting them whilst not having to pay for the ticket. It perpetuates those people staying on high points with little to no financial outlay.

I want a ST so I can attend whatever game I want to… the only way I can get one is by building up my points.

Are we at a point where people not renewing will need to wait years to get another if they give theirs up?

Can see STs being passed down families/to friends more than they necessarily would’ve. I’d like to get another ST for a family member so will likely try buy one off someone and pay a name change
Or you transfer your current season ticket to someone else then go on the waiting list and jump the queue because you have loads of points. Once you get the new one you swap the tickets back again. :))

Or you transfer your current season ticket to someone else then go on the waiting list and jump the queue because you have loads of points. Once you get the new one you swap the tickets back again. :))
Good idea i might try next season but dont tell everyone :D :shh:

Surely to god the club wouldn’t allow people to do that?

Although I’d benefit, I wouldn’t feel right doing that

Surely there’s rules to say if you’ve transferred a ST across that you can’t buy a new one in your own name in a certain time period?

Bonkers if they don’t

Yeah that would make sense. Don't think there's anything in the current rules though.

It’s not about not getting the mygers points, it’s about someone else getting them whilst not having to pay for the ticket. It perpetuates those people staying on high points with little to no financial outlay.

I want a ST so I can attend whatever game I want to… the only way I can get one is by building up my points.

So you would refuse to attend a game unless you get the MyGers point for it?

Yeah that would make sense. Don't think there's anything in the current rules though.
There isn’t. I’ve just done it. Not to jump up the list though, I’ve had a (single) ST for 31 of my 39 years but in the last few years my son had wanted to come along so I’ve been giving my ticket to a pal and getting 2 together whenever I can. I eventually transferred my st over and joined the list with my boy although he has 50 points so we’re in for a long wait but I’d be turning down any offer of a single one for now. So yes it’s open for abuse but the waiting list should also be available to all members. Mygers is enough of a closed shop locking out those who can’t afford the membership, and having the tier system, without adding in more sub categories.

There isn’t. I’ve just done it. Not to jump up the list though, I’ve had a (single) ST for 31 of my 39 years but in the last few years my son had wanted to come along so I’ve been giving my ticket to a pal and getting 2 together whenever I can. I eventually transferred my st over and joined the list with my boy although he has 50 points so we’re in for a long wait but I’d be turning down any offer of a single one for now. So yes it’s open for abuse but the waiting list should also be available to all members. Mygers is enough of a closed shop locking out those who can’t afford the membership, and having the tier system, without adding in more sub categories.
I assume you need your Mygers Memberships in order to get the preferential sales window for Home matches? Otherwise, given your son's low points total, you'd be as well not renewing MyGers until the pair of you are on a points total that sees you stand a chance of a ST. Just buy your match tickets under the two accounts and, when you rejoin MyGers, the points will be there for you provided they fall within the 5 (or maybe 3) year window. Theoretically at least, you could rejoin at the top of the Waiting List subject to how many points you had accumulated prior to rejoining.

I assume you need your Mygers Memberships in order to get the preferential sales window for Home matches? Otherwise, given your son's low points total, you'd be as well not renewing MyGers until the pair of you are on a points total that sees you stand a chance of a ST. Just buy your match tickets under the two accounts and, when you rejoin MyGers, the points will be there for you provided they fall within the 5 (or maybe 3) year window. Theoretically at least, you could rejoin at the top of the Waiting List subject to how many points you had accumulated prior to rejoining.
Yeh that’s the plan mate. I’ve got 1047 but he’s obviously just starting out. We made it to prob 90% of the ones we could last season to be fair but it was a lot of scrambling about collecting/returning st cards etc. with the mygers memberships I can hopefully buy us a couple direct for most games and in turn accrue him the points. Shite, but it is what it is.

So you would refuse to attend a game unless you get the MyGers point for it?

Where did I say that? You’re making stuff up.

I want to attend games. I also want to build up my points so I can get a ST.

It does not sit well me with me buying a ticket off of someone else that will get the mygers points but if it was my only choice then of course I would buy the ticket. I stay in England though so absolutely will not be travelling up on the whim that I might get one outside the stadium.

Anyway, my point still stands that if you can’t get a ST because of the high points required, you’re unlikely to get one any time soon.

Do you need to have a mygers points balance for someone to transfer a season ticket to you?

No. Literally sent my mates details in an email after renewal and they phoned him and took payment (£20) and sent him a new card with his name on.
Im surprised at this. Someone i know enquired about doing this with TO but was told the receiver needed to have a certain amout of points or they would be skipping the queue. Usual conflicting info from the ticket office

Without an expansion of any sort for the stadium then yeah its a case of one in one out.

It’s obviously bad for those waiting but the demand is incredible now . We moved to the family stand in our first season back in the spl as we were taking my nephew and my little brother got 4 together no bother . Next season me and my dad had to move ( nephew is autistic and didn’t like it and little brother turned 18 and got a job ) but moved to two together easily enough in the CD still there now.

When you consider we have more season tickets due to the away allocation it’s mental how high demand is . Even under Walters 3 in a row it was easy enough !

It’s obviously bad for those waiting but the demand is incredible now . We moved to the family stand in our first season back in the spl as we were taking my nephew and my little brother got 4 together no bother . Next season me and my dad had to move ( nephew is autistic and didn’t like it and little brother turned 18 and got a job ) but moved to two together easily enough in the CD still there now.

When you consider we have more season tickets due to the away allocation it’s mental how high demand is . Even under Walters 3 in a row it was easy enough !
I got my first ST in 1998 and had to wait 3yrs on the waiting list. The renewal figures are outstanding, considering the current financial climate. It doesnt help folk hoping to get new STs now though.

I got my first ST in 1998 and had to wait 3yrs on the waiting list. The renewal figures are outstanding, considering the current financial climate. It doesnt help folk hoping to get new STs now though.
My first was in 2002 didn’t need to join the waiting list then either .

Surely the benefit is being able to attend most of the games?

I’m no fan of the scheme but your post doesn’t make sense. Mygers members can use the ticket buying section of the website to buy a ticket game by game for, as you say, most games can’t they?
Its worth it for earlier access to ticket sales.First home game of the season sold out rapid.
There lots about the scheme that I don't like but early access is a plus.
I reckon that I'll go to about 15 home games a season and always be bronze in the scheme.
The advantage is that I can usually tour the stadium and pick a good seat and haven't failed in getting any ticket that I wanted.

Getting away from Ibrox if you drive to games takes ages.
Lost a lot of sleep last year to sit in traffic on PRW
As I didn't get my ST I'll save money and sleep and give the midweeks a miss.
European nights excluded ofcourse :)

Getting away from Ibrox if you drive to games takes ages.
Lost a lot of sleep last year to sit in traffic on PRW
As I didn't get my ST I'll save money and sleep and give the midweeks a miss.
European nights excluded ofcourse :)

Park slightly further away from the stadium? Assuming you're able to walk for 15 mins or so.

Some of us travel quite a distance to matches at a significant cost and are unable to attend every week. Sunday matches are an issue getting back to work and mid week matches are difficult.
Are you suggesting I should have my ST taken off me, having supported Rangers for nearly 60 years and a ST holder for about 20 years. If so I think that is quite harsh.
I always put my ticket up on seat sub whenever I can't make it and this works well for the club as they sell it on for full price and refund me half.
I feel for all those unable to get a ST and think the a better solution has to be to increase the capacity even if only by the odd thousand or so whenever possible.
This is the point every situation is different 2 seats next to me hasn't been sat in for years.

Seat sub is good forfor those that can't make occasional games etc

But their are situations that people are buying tickets and basically seat diving then for year and only attending a few games.

Although 6 or 7 games is a little small in my eyes I would say there needs to be a cut off either half home games etc

Back