How do we push commercially in next 12 months?

Barca bears

With club saying they reach target of 28m on commercial activities on past 12 months. With the terrible TV deal all but confirmed, hopefully the club can bring in higher deals and think outside the box to broaden our scope commercially, buy what is our glass ceiling commercially

I love that the club has been highlighting how inept and incompetent the c unts are that run our league.

Subtle digs over time and the fact that we managed to sell some rights to India and they couldn't even do that, I hope when the TV deal is up in in 2025 there will be big changes.

Can't see any of the teams pushing and helping to make a difference so it's up the premier club in Scotland once again.

I love that the club has been highlighting how inept and incompetent the c unts are that run our league.

Subtle digs over time and the fact that we managed to sell some rights to India and they couldn't even do that, I hope when the TV deal is up in in 2025 there will be big changes.

Can't see any of the teams pushing and helping to make a difference so it's up the premier club in Scotland once again.

There won't be any changes. SPFL have entered into negotiations to extend Sky's deal till 2029....

I doubt we will see, but I'd like to see at least a bit more detail behind the "28m revenue from commercial activities".

Great soundbyte, but its what makes that number up I'd be interested in.
Personally, I've no issue with the additional sponsors on tops, advertising etc. However, would be good to know what % of this that figure is making up of the 28m to guage whether worth looking at more or not.

Need to keep doing well in Europe.

Only way to keep raising the profile of the club and getting brands interested again.

Scottish Football is effectively restraining us, you imagine if we had a TV deal comparable to even the Netherlands, Belgium or Spain, nevermind England.

We'd steamroll most in football.

I doubt we will see, but I'd like to see at least a bit more detail behind the "28m revenue from commercial activities".

Great soundbyte, but its what makes that number up I'd be interested in.
Personally, I've no issue with the additional sponsors on tops, advertising etc. However, would be good to know what % of this that figure is making up of the 28m to guage whether worth looking at more or not.
It was a target not a result.

Leave it to the guys that get paid a lot of money to do this. You’re doing their job for them!

Something not right about this the more I think about it

What do you expect from the clowns in charge of our game. Apparently this extension will result in 2mil more for the 12 clubs (thats split between them not each) and Sky will be allowed to show 25% more games if they want. Inept from the SPFL as usual.

For me, the big areas of growth for us are: Rangers Tv, non matchday use of the stadium and the expansion of Rangers pools/lottery. In particular, RTV could be a real money spinner for us. If rules were changed and we were able to get 50k subs per game, our revenue stream would increase exponentially. We could also sell advertising slots. The Rangers pools should be MUCH more successful with a very clear message to the fans - want increased capacity? We need to raise x amount and we need x amount of players every week to do that. We’ve done it before, no reason we can’t do it again. Jesus, we raised 50k on here within about 2 days for the bleeding red arrows to fly over Ibrox. We raised 500k (ish) selling red and black scarves in next to no time.

What do you expect from the clowns in charge of our game. Apparently this extension will result in 2mil more for the 12 clubs (thats split between them not each) and Sky will be allowed to show 25% more games if they want. Inept from the SPFL as usual.
I don’t understand why we are selling something that’s due in 2025 in 2022.

Maybe moves were being moved to change how some clubs sold their rights and they won’t them chained down

Is the rangers lottery still a thing?

If so a bit of marketing and promotion wouldn't be a bad thing

Seems like a simple revenue stream

What about predictor games. Predict the results of the mens, womens, B team over course of season and pay to enter with prizes. Bit of money and entertainment too

Again a bit of promotion and these things could take off. 100k bears tenner entry is a million quid

For me, the big areas of growth for us are: Rangers Tv, non matchday use of the stadium and the expansion of Rangers pools/lottery. In particular, RTV could be a real money spinner for us. If rules were changed and we were able to get 50k subs per game, our revenue stream would increase exponentially. We could also sell advertising slots. The Rangers pools should be MUCH more successful with a very clear message to the fans - want increased capacity? We need to raise x amount and we need x amount of players every week to do that. We’ve done it before, no reason we can’t do it again. Jesus, we raised 50k on here within about 2 days for the bleeding red arrows to fly over Ibrox. We raised 500k (ish) selling red and black scarves in next to no time.
Great shout, the club should be clear on what our capacity options are, put them to a vote and then use us to help fund 80% of it if we want it.

If there was viable plan that brought the capacity up to 63 or 65 thousand then I think we would raise without a doubt

Edmiston house will hopefully up the commercial revenue in the coming year if it every gets finished.

We also probably need to be looking at opening more shops in key locations as I always think you spend more money when you go to the shop than you do online.

I would love to see us sell more Rangers merchandise, such as pencil cases and a goddamn rubber duck but I suspect Castore hold the reigns in this regard.

The continuation of upgrading our shirt sponsorship's, as we have been blowing hot and cold in this regard. Basically more BOXT less SportmonGo.

I think more needs to be with RangersTV there really isn't any incentive for your average Rangers fan to subscribe. I don't know whether it is cost or content, but you never hear the club shouting about their subscription numbers the way the do with MyGers.

On MyGers, I think they need to look at creating more tiers. Especially a tier for people who don't really go to the matches but would like some of the perks. Man City's Citizens is a good example of how this could work.

I don’t understand why we are selling something that’s due in 2025 in 2022.

Maybe moves were being moved to change how some clubs sold their rights and they won’t them chained down

This is probably it, if we had control of our own rights we'd make 10 times what we get from the SPFLs piss poor deal with Sky.

We should have a Rangers branded credit card on which you could earn My Gers points for £x of purchases made.
Also look to tie the credit card up with an airline loyalty Programme.
Big bucks to be made in this field.

Lots of small official gifts that could be Rangers branded such as duvet covers sets, towels, mobile phone covers, key rings, drinks bottles etc.
Millions to be made out of selling relatively low value merch. We don’t really seem to be in on that market.

Genuinely, if the club partnered with a brewery, added £1 onto every pint that went directly back into the club and got taps in all the local pubs, I think they’d make a good amount of money. Bisgrove if you read this just throw a Lambo my way for the idea mate.

We're limited in the present back water market of scottish football. Only way we Increase income is build edmiston house for events, fanzone, museum etc.
Still a limited income from that so unless Ibrox can be utilised more not much else can be done
If we wer in epl all income streams would multiply instantly to 300 million plus

Rangers TV and Edmiston House are the two areas of growth in next 12 months. Get more commercials on RTV and show B team and Ladies matches. EH will increase revenue even if it’s just the museum, shop and ticket office is used. I’m hoping the arena will be used lots and be a success but I can see it being a slow burner.

Back