Ronaldo agrees £3.3 million a week contract with Al Nassr

Feels a bit sad he’s doing this instead of moving to somewhere like Sporting Lisbon but he has nothing to prove & that money is insane.
A bit sad?, he's 37, wether he goes to Sporting now or in 2 years after Saudi will make no difference to any them.

Come and play football for us for two years and your grandkids’ grandkids should never have to work a day in their lives

Wee Billy- ‘Bolt’

Good on him tbh.

He can do what he wants and if somebody is mental to offer that you take it.

Even at his 500k a week he was on at Man Utd which is ridiculous itd be like signing for the equivalent of like 13 or 14 years (fag paper maths) compared to 2

If you want to play on and no other team is jumping out why not?

Fucking go for it. Nothing to prove to anybody

I know he has nothing to prove, and the money is obviously insane, but still seems a bit weird from a footballing perspective. You’d think he’d want to go out at the highest possible level, not essentially quietly retire in a league that no one will ever watch.

I know he has nothing to prove, and the money is obviously insane, but still seems a bit weird from a footballing perspective. You’d think he’d want to go out at the highest possible level, not essentially quietly retire in a league that no one will ever watch.
He's probably thinking that his arrival will spark a wave of interest in the Saudi Arabian league and he's probably giddy at the thought of being able to say he put them on the map by himself.

It'll be spun that he didn't move out there because no decent team would go near him, more that he went out there as some sort of pioneer

Sometimes life just springs up and boots you right in the balls an absolutely disgusting amount of money to pay for any sportsperson

Depending what report you believe he is worth between 500m and 1bn
Even if he was to earn nothing from football he'd easily be able to pull in 10m a year for advertising and endorsements
The money he'll pull in playing in Saudi is not going to change his lifestyle
Living in Saudi will however
I suspect he's going to get pretty bored pretty quickly out there
His media profile will also plummet affecting the value of his brand
Don't think this is a smart move- eye watering cash notwithstanding

I would like to think if I had his money I would have gone to Sporting Lisbon. I am trying to think of any superstar has ever done that and am struggling . Once you have reached the stage in life where you know your kids would be comfortable for the rest of their days then I think all other wealth becomes irrelevant.
I'd imagine it's mostly for the ego boost at this point. Can safely say no one will be 'earning' more than him in football for at least 2 years.

No even having a dig at him there. No lady's front bottom's turning down that money.

Never seen such an insecure superstar as Ronaldo. Incredible talent, got the looks and the body, gets adored throughout world but you always feel that he’s not happy and lives his life comparing it to others.

He’ll probably sign for the Saudis just to show he can get paid more than Messi.

Fair play to him. He was once named the most charitable footballer in the world so I’m sure a lot of that money will be going towards a lot of good causes.

He needs to come out the closet. He’d be an amazing icon for the LGBT community.

Tells us who you truly are Christiano.
What is peoples obsession with his sexuality? Weird.

Him and Messi are equally brilliant, but will never touch Diego

Messi scored 6 league goals last season in a farmers league for one of Europe's best sides.

He is quite clearly in sharp decline as well.
What absolute rubbish, sharp decline. :shh:

How has he been this season? 13 games, 10 assists and 7 goals isn't too shabby.
Nor is 4 goals in 5 Champions League games.

Also have you watched him often? His role has changed significantly, he's now much more of a playmaker than he was and plays deeper, his game has adapted significantly.

He's in nowhere near the decline Ronaldo is, still easily one of the best players in the world.

Last edited:
I wonder if his son will go with him. By all accounts, he’s going to be an absolute superstar as well. Taking him to Saudi for two years won’t help him I’m sure. He should be staying in Manchester or going back to Madrid.

Back