Commentators using the same phrases again and again

agentcooper

Watching SSN over the last couple of days, I've heard a few clips of Crocker commentating down the years. Incredible that he just says the exact same shit over and over...

"You just knew that [player name] would have something special lined up"

"Trust him to have a say on derby day"

The guy may as well just record a few catchphrases and someone could play them randomly every time there's a goal.

Any other commentator catchphrases that do your nut in?

Watching SSN over the last couple of days, I've heard a few clips of Crocker commentating down the years. Incredible that he just says the exact same shit over and over...

"You just knew that [player name] would have something special lined up"

"Trust him to have a say on derby day"

The guy may as well just record a few catchphrases and someone could play them randomly every time there's a goal.

Any other commentator catchphrases that do your nut in?
He just needs that extra half yard. They're playing the kids. Responds to an arm around the shoulders. And OT but players almost always saying"them" for"those", i.e. "them players need to step up to the mark" etc.

When pundits always have to bring in one another.

Jamie redknapp is the worst for it. Never gives his opinion always looking for the other pundits to help him out.

Useless fucker has only been kept because he’s “good on the eye” for the female viewers.

Was it Crocker who used to say "Porrini and Klos are teammates, but they once played against each other in the Champions league final" every game.

As annoying as it is, the amount of Football on TV now means you'll hear all the cliches.

I even won a 20-1 bet on the 2008 Euro final about the first cliche.

I know!.....It!..............is!...............Annoying!

That bastard crocker annoys me more than his wee papist feargal sharkey lookalike sidekick

Can't stand Crocker, especially when he does that... But his "THAT. IS. JUST. BRILLIANT!!!" line after Mendes scored that screamer at the piggery is immortal for me.

Davie Provan is the only one that uses the term "goalside" but says it about ten times every game.

Crocker , you just knew Kenny Miller would have his say on derby day.

" shouldn't be offside from there he is looking straight across the line "

This annoys me but it’s the constant tedious links commentators try to make all the time that annoys me much more.

The most annoying one they all use is "Unbelievable" when they have seen the same thing hundreds of times.:confused:

Feeling the need to remind everyone of how the away goals rule works.

"And remember, if Juventus get a second, it means Bayern will need to score another three due to the away goals rule."

Or

"And that Liverpool goal means there will be no extra time tonight."

"Just about".

Keeper makes a good save. He does "just about enough to keep it out" well no he either kept it out or not there is not just about, about it.

Just about to me means Nearly. I know it is stupid and I'm being pedantic. :D

And they all seem to be shouting and feckin screaming a lot more than they used to. Robbie Savage is always at it. I reckon they think, or have been told, that it brings more "pashun" to their commentary. Gets right on my Eartha's.

Nothing and I mean nothing will ever beat Stuart Lovell doing co-commentary for ESPN when Hearts played Hibs at Tynecastle. MaKalamby, the very tall, lanky and black Hibs goalkeeper came out and took a floating high ball with one hand. The main commentator comments how he took it with ease, Lovell retorts "I'm not surprised, he has arms like an orangutan". The main commentator doesnt speak for about 10 seconds... :)

For the older Bears - Arthur Montford: "Over it comes. Up go the heads"; "What a stramash"; "Sensation". All often repeated by Arthur but I never tired of hearing them.

As a young lad the one that I always loved to hear was from David Francey on the old Scottish Home Service. "And good afternoon from Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow".

My Francey favourite - not a cliche - "What strong thighs O'Rourke has!"

Jock Brown would constantly bang on about a player being given a roving commission

Didn't matter who the player was or the position, there would.be one every game

Jock Brown would constantly bang on about a player being given a roving commission

Didn't matter who the player was or the position, there would.be one every game

Usually Durrant for us and McStay for them...

Always used to enjoy "THE HAMMER FINDS THE SLAMMER!" every time big Albertz thundered home a free kick- I think it was that old Radio Shnyde commentator (who later got done for Yewtree-like behaviour IIRC).

Davie Provan is the only one that uses the term "goalside" but says it about ten times every game.

Crocker , you just knew Kenny Miller would have his say on derby day.

" shouldn't be offside from there he is looking straight across the line "

Dave "half a yard" Provan.
Playing one in,is another Provoism.

Swept away....Archie MacPherson

The huge Rangers support was another of his favs.

Borderline offside.

Also pundits constantly asking themselves questions then answering them. Kris Boyd and Robbie Savage are the worst, that fat waster Hartson as well.

"Gamble" meaning run to the near post, run to the far post, go for the ball etc. Hate it :mad:

Davie Provo. Anywhere from 5 to 50 yards when someone shoots.
‘ you just knew he was going to let fly from there’ does my nut in

Latest posts

Back