Pronunciation of Hummel

bristol_bnose2

This has probably been covered a number of times already but due to the absence of a functioning search option in here I'm afraid the answer has so far escaped me.

So....

is it Hummel pronounced phonetically where "hum" rhymes with "bum".

or is it

"Hoomell"

We haven't had this problem since Tavernier joined.

I think Danish , being a Germanic language , uses the umlaut and that doesn't have one so it would be hum.

Pronounce it how you want mate, it makes no difference.

For what its worth, the Tavernier debate is complete nonsense, its a French name, I doubt its pronounced in a West of Scotland accent the way some would like you to believe.

Bottom line with pronunciations is that you pronounce something the way the owner of said title would like you to, if they aren't going to greet over slightly different pronunciations I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

For what its worth, the Tavernier debate is complete nonsense, its a French name, I doubt its pronounced in a West of Scotland accent the way some would like you to believe.

Bottom line with pronunciations is that you pronounce something the way the owner of said title would like you to, if they aren't going to greet over slightly different pronunciations I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Archie McPherson and his pronunciation of Darcheville. :eek: :D

I've always pronounced it Hue-Mull...

ScratchyFeistyCrayfish-mobile.jpg

James confirmed it is pronounced Tav-er-near.

But I prefer Tavern-nee-eh :)

James confirmed it is pronounced Tav-er-near.

But I prefer Tavern-nee-eh :)

Yeah like I said a lot of pronunciations are dependent on the owner of said name.

Given that its French though I'd be likely to assume the correct way is the one you prefer, but like I said as long as no one is getting mock offended over it, its never really going to matter.

Nike named themselves after the Greek goddess of victory which is in fact pronounced nee-kee. :p

That commentator dick on MOTD that calls Kevin De Bruyne as “De Brinna” bursts my balls!!

As in that sitcom on TV Bucket pronounced Bookay

Jesus Christ

Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul Huemul

Back