Todays press conference

Yer da

Surprised we're getting one! But I'll take it.

Rangers Football Club‏Verified account @RangersFC 38s39 seconds ago
1f399.png
It's press conference day, Jason Cummings and Jimmy Nicholl will be along to speak to the media shortly. Updates to follow.

JC: All my focus at the moment is on the game on Sunday and securing second place hopefully.

JC: I'll need to do my best to impress the new manager as he will be looking to bring in new players.

JC: Going back to Easter Road will be different but I'm looking forward to it.

JC: I'm just going there to do my job for Rangers and I hope we can get second place.

JC: This has been the best experience I have had playing for such a big club as Rangers.

JC: It has been frustrating at times with game time, I was hoping to get a few more starts but I'm focused on the future and I think this is just the beginning for me at Rangers.

JC: I enjoyed it down there (Nottingham Forrest) but I have loved it here.

JC: I wasn't starting consistently so has been hard to make an impact as my fitness wasn't there and I couldn't get my match sharpness.

JC: I think the coaching staff preferred playing one up front with Morelos as the leading striker.

JC: It's up to Rangers and Forrest to come to an agreement, I hope it happens but I'm not involved in that side of matters.

JC: There is always pressure on Rangers, you need to win every game and Sunday is the same we are going to win the game

JC: We need to concentrate on ourselves and go and win the game, we obviously need Aberdeen to drop points but all our focus is on our game and getting the job done.

JC: The club are going in the right direction getting Steven Gerrard in. It's an exciting time at the club.

JC: I feel like I can be the lead striker at this club, there is loads more to come from me and I feel like this is just the start for me here.

JC: If I get booed on Sunday I'm not really too bothered, I'm just focused on the game and getting Rangers to second place.

JN: Although we didn't win the game in Aberdeen but we had good spells.

JN: Everyone wants to play in the last game of the season so the players we choose will be ready to go.

JN: We have to go and do our job, we have a good few missing. Morelos, Dorrans, McCrorie. We will have to change things for the weekend.

JN: The players will all be looking to impress the new manager.

JN: I know the reason why I was brought in, I'm not certain on my plans for the future.

JN: I'll have to wait and see what happens. I was given an opportunity and I took it. I have enjoyed working here at this club.

JN: It's up to the new manager to decide who he wants in his team, we haven't always shown it this season but it is a good group.

JN: We lost too many games this year, we had a few good runs but too many setbacks.

JN: Professional and personal pride has been hurting after the bad results this season.

JN: The group are going into Sunday's game in good spirits.

JN: The new manager will get the time needed to get the players in and the changed in he needs to make.

JN: I think the new manager will have an effect on certain players. Players who might not have produced consistently as they could have hopefully he can get it out of them.

JN: We are playing in front of 50,000 people, get a good group of players winning in front of that and it's the best feeling in the world.

JN: We are concentrating on Sunday and then will look toward the future. John and Dorrans are injured and McCrorie and Morelos are out with suspension.

Last edited:
Waiting for Neil Lennon's media conference. Expected at 1pm but not here yet. #Hibs say he had positive talks with CEO Leeann Dempster on Thursday following his quit threat

Great attitude from Cummings, wouldn’t expect anything else.

In all this talk of our players not having the mental toughness required to succeed, I'd say Cummings has that in abundance, which is why I'm surprised many fans wouldn't take him on a permanent deal.

He's confident, sometimes to the point of being cocky, but I don't think that's a bad thing. And he will score goals for us.

He's definitely someone I want in the squad going forward.

JC: All my focus at the moment is on the game on Sunday and securing second place hopefully.

JC: I'll need to do my best to impress the new manager as he will be looking to bring in new players.

JC: Going back to Easter Road will be different but I'm looking forward to it.

JC: I'm just going there to do my job for Rangers and I hope we can get second place.

JC: This has been the best experience I have had playing for such a big club as Rangers.

JC: It has been frustrating at times with game time, I was hoping to get a few more starts but I'm focused on the future and I think this is just the beginning for me at Rangers.

JC: I enjoyed it down there (Nottingham Forrest) but I have loved it here.

Thanks mate. Enjoyed your summary.

With injuries and suspensions, I reckon we'll go with

Alnwick
Tav Bates Martin Halliday
Holt Goss Docherty
Candieas Cummings Murphy

Kelly
Alves
Hodson
MOH
Cardoso
?
?

I know we all know it. But by jeez, our press are moronic. Do you think the pressure is off because hearts beat hibs? Aye, course the pressure is off, rangers really dont want to finish second or ahead of aberdeen.

Muppets

I really hope Sg finds room for Cummings. I know we are upping the standard (hopefully) but I reckon given the right coaching and team around him that he could do well for us.

It’s amazing how Cummings has managed to avoid any kind of criticism while fans are queuing up to get stuck into Morelos.

Cummings has contributed almost nothing since his arrival .

It’s amazing how Cummings has managed to avoid any kind of criticism while fans are queuing up to get stuck into Morelos.

Cummings has contributed almost nothing since his arrival .

Cummings has 6 goals in 7 Games
Morelos no goals in what 9 now? 6 yellow cards in his last 7 games?

Back