Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that big fat Flange hasn't come out and killed the speculation says to me that he is going. Spurs haven't formally offered him the job because he has a cup final to win at the weekend. Sunday or Monday will see it all fall into place and he will be gone. The only thing that could kybosh this is an ICT Cup win. Even the most mentally-challenged vermin would not want to pay that price to keep Flange.

This thread is so popular because people are praying to see the back of this guy which is quite pathetic

The only good thing would be a de-stabilizing effect and a wind up but I would rather he stayed and watch us win trophies.
Correct.

The fact that big fat Flange hasn't come out and killed the speculation says to me that he is going. Spurs haven't formally offered him the job because he has a cup final to win at the weekend. Sunday or Monday will see it all fall into place and he will be gone. The only thing that could kybosh this is an ICT Cup win. Even the most mentally-challenged vermin would not want to pay that price to keep Flange.
Do you honestly think if Spurs have chosen him as their man and waiting til next week, they'd change their mind if he loses the Scottish cup final?

I don't really get this fear of Rodgers from some. PTSD possibly from his 2016/17 season.

In his last two seasons he dropped nearly double the points that Postecoglou has in his two seasons here and that was seasons that still contained a banter years Rangers and then a Rangers team in the early stages of the first proper re-build

Just a 5% drop from them domestically next season and 5% increase from us would see us back on top.

I can't see Rodgers matching their domestic consistency from this season, that's if he even goes back there which I find doubtful anyway.

I'm gonna take this with a dash of salt
I think the Rodgers part is mental, but the part about Ange touting himself constantly for moves is from a a relatively senior journalist (who, unsurprisingly, is a huge Celtic fan)

Their fans still blame Rodgers for losing 10IAR, he’s no going back there.
That’s the strange part, they despised him when he left, it’s hard to imagine how they would react but I could easily their board making the appointment.

This will be his only chance to manage in England.
I’m not even sure it’ll be about that.

Even the best manager in the J-League just now is making about £830,000 a year. Even if he gets a 3 year contract then and fails within a year, he’ll make more than he’ll have made in the last decade.

Reactions: VGM
Bigots among our support bring us shame. Gay, female and queer fans should feel welcome around here, but the amount of casual homophobia and sexism on here is astounding at times. We could have a bit more class as Rangers fans.
Couldn't agree more. The non educated, ignorant people really out themselves on here. We are not all like that so I really hope it doesn't put people off. There are a lot of decent people in the support aswell who are embarrassed by these morons.

Last edited:
I’m not even sure it’ll be about that.

Even the best manager in the J-League just now is making about £830,000 a year. Even if he gets a 3 year contract then and fails within a year, he’ll make more than he’ll have made in the last decade.
Yeah, absolutely!

Be set for life.

Correct - remember when Gerrard went to Villa and the same questions were being asked and he ended up taking none of our players? When you've got that kind of budget you don't often go shopping in Scotland.
Sometimes there's a gentlemen's agreement not to go for players from your previous clubs

I would see Hatate has an outside of following AP to spurs if he goes. I dont see any others being deemed good enough for that level in england.

If he went to lower end epl team he would potentially look at a few others.

lol at the 'he would take the Japanese with him'

They wouldn't even get on a Spurs bench ffs
I think you’re being a bit kind to Spurs there.

I reckon both Rangers and Celtic on form would have put them away in a one off game for most of this season.

They are howling. They’re a Harry Kane away from a proper mid-table squad - which is partly why they’re after Postecoglu.

Off topic kinda but surely Kane leaves this summer. Their last chance for any kind of fee and his last chance to get a move that might lead to trophies.

Off topic kinda but surely Kane leaves this summer. Their last chance for any kind of fee and his last chance to get a move that might lead to trophies.
I’d lose a bit of respect for Kane if he stayed.

I mean, I’m absolutely sure he wouldn’t give a %^*& if I did, but surely he wants to win something?

Spurs fans won't know how " fortunate " they'll be to land Big Ange ...... he doesn't need a big budget or luck

He’s supposedly been attending a lot of their matches recently suggesting it’s going to happen. They are starting to come round to it as well.
I try and look at these things with common sense. If Rodgers had started going to Celtic games in Glasgow while Postecoglu was in charge, it would have caused a stir and we’d have heard something about it.

I literally haven’t a thing about it until now and it sounds like a convenient rumour.

I try and look at these things with common sense. If Rodgers had started going to Celtic games in Glasgow while Postecoglu was in charge, it would have caused a stir and we’d have heard something about it.

I literally haven’t a thing about it and it sounds like a convenient rumour.
Absolutely. Remember the press Beale got in going to alone of our games earlier in the season?

Absolutely. Remember the press Beale got in going to alone of our games earlier in the season?
Exactly.

The might have a house up here, but given he’s got a portfolio of 100 plus houses and a Scottish partner, that’s hardly surprising.

Turning up at Parkhead while a) they fucking hate him and b) they already have a manager and the chances of this NOT being made into a bit of a thing?

No chance.

I literally haven’t a thing about it until now and it sounds like a convenient rumour.

100%

Someone would have seen him. You can see his teeth from space.

Am I reading this properly??

Are we really worried about a manager getting the Celtic job when he has just lead an EPL team to relegation??

I don't really get this fear of Rodgers from some. PTSD possibly from his 2016/17 season.

In his last two seasons he dropped nearly double the points that Postecoglou has in his two seasons here and that was seasons that still contained a banter years Rangers and then a Rangers team in the early stages of the first proper re-build

Just a 5% drop from them domestically next season and 5% increase from us would see us back on top.

I can't see Rodgers matching their domestic consistency from this season, that's if he even goes back there which I find doubtful anyway.
I don’t think there’s any fear however Rodger’s is a manager with a good track record at clubs at least initially. He did well with both Liverpool and Leicester.

lol at the 'he would take the Japanese with him'

They wouldn't even get on a Spurs bench ffs
Agree, people saying he will take kyogo with him when they have Kane, Son and Richarlison in the squad. He would get nowhere near their team. Even if they sold Kane they aren’t replacing him with a 27 year old who has only just got back into the Japanese national team bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back