Tottenham after Postecoglou

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games did Gerrard take to get his first win against them?

Beale has played them without a striker, playing players who wouldn’t start these games.

You can take it how you think you see it, I will take it how I see it! I have full confidence that we will beat them next year when it’s an even playing field, full starting 11.

You say Beale doesn’t have his number based on the few games we have played, I see it a lot different, we out played and where the better team. A goal scorer in our team and you would be confident for next season like me.

Bookmark this comment and come see me this time next season.
While I tend to agree you have to remember they will be strengthening in the summer too.

Agreed, and in my lifetime going back to the late 80's I cant remember a time when they've made good back to back managerial appointments, they usually follow up a decent appointment with a howler. I want Mowbray levels of calamity next season.
Hmm, O'Neill and then Strachan worked well for them, but other than that you're probably right.

hes not getting offered it, i might end up looking silly but im confident il have the last laugh on everyone who put the emojis next to my original comment.
Out of interest, where does this conclusion come from?

Do you know something that all the major London journalists, major UK news outlets and bookmakers don’t, or are you just trying to be different?

After this has played out il be a respected itk poster.
No you won't you'll still look silly you're stating he is not being offered it which is clearly bullshit. He might not get the job for whatever reason granted but he's definitely being offered a deal.

We know %^*& all but if you still don't think he's being lined up for it or at least a strong candidate then your head is very much in the sand.
i dont need convincing mate,i think he is for the off and have done since this all became public,just trying to educate someone who said as fact he wasnt going to spurs which i called bullshit on

McLeish losing the plot then the PLG debacle helped Chesney. Once Walter returned he put the smart arsed ginger midget in his place. They only won the league in Walters first full season back due to the most underhand of dealings
Dont disagree with that.

Those back to back managerial appointments still worked out for them though.

Must admit i thought there was no chance Spurs would seriously consider fat pig.
Given that some clown at Chelsea appointed Lampard and if fat pig does get the Spurs job id say with all that cash in the EPL there must be some serious loose cannons making the decisions down there.
Some of those boardrooms must be like an audition for One flew over the cuckoo's nest!
Spurs are a shitshow and nobody respectable wants the job

I'm a big fan of the betting markets as indicators of where we are, and they suggest that Postecoglu will be, or has been, offered the job, there has been no definite answer and that he is deciding, knowing he still has until after the Cup Final on Saturday to make his mind up.

I think he'll decide to stay.

I'm a big fan of the betting markets as indicators of where where we are, and they suggest that Postecoglu will be, or has been, offered the job, there has been no definite answer and that he is deciding, knowing he still has until after the Cup Final on Saturday to make his mind up.

I think he'll decide to stay.

I think it’s mental spurs would go for him, putting that to one side, if he’s offered that job he takes it

Not a chance he turns that down

He goes if he’s offered it. 100%. Triple your wage, manage a genuinely big club in one of the best stadiums in the world, in the best league in the world or stay at Celtic. No brainier for him. The question is: will Spurs offer a guy with limited success the job?

Must admit i thought there was no chance Spurs would seriously consider fat pig.
Given that some clown at Chelsea appointed Lampard and if fat pig does get the Spurs job id say with all that cash in the EPL there must be some serious loose cannons making the decisions down there.
Some of those boardrooms must be like an audition for One flew over the cuckoo's nest!
Did Gerrard not turn down Spurs?

Maybe De Zerbi has seen what happened with Potter at Chelsea, and seen what usually happens to Spurs managers, amd told them no chance.
When you think Jose and Conti were there,who for me are decent managers and couldn’t turn it around. I think he’ll regret i.

Out of interest, where does this conclusion come from?

Do you know something that all the major London journalists, major UK news outlets and bookmakers don’t, or are you just trying to be different?

My conclusion is based on logic, epl clubs dont shop in the spl for managers, when was the last time an epl club thought that winning trophy’s in Scotland was seen as a good enough achievement to be taken seriously down south? Gerrard got a job because of who he was and was friendly with the people there, Brendan Rodger’s had already proved he could do a job down there,

so taking them away the last time anyone went from us to manage in the epl directly was Walter smith 25 years ago, for them it was martin O’Neil 13 years ago, its seen as a Mickey Mouse league down there and not much of an achievement winning the league with either us or them when our budgets are so far above the rest, if i reached Lewis Hamilton in a 1 mile straight line with me in a Ferrari and him in a fiat punto then im winning that race, it wouldn’t get me a deal with an f1 team though. The championship is where most of the managers go when getting a job in England after one of us.

i think it was about 16 Years ago aswell not 13

My conclusion is based on logic, epl clubs dont shop in the spl for managers, when was the last time an epl club thought that winning trophy’s in Scotland was seen as a good enough achievement to be taken seriously down south? Gerrard got a job because of who he was and was friendly with the people there, Brendan Rodger’s had already proved he could do a job down there,

so taking them away the last time anyone went from us to manage in the epl directly was Walter smith 25 years ago, for them it was martin O’Neil 13 years ago, its seen as a Mickey Mouse league down there and not much of an achievement winning the league with either us or them when our budgets are so far above the rest, if i reached Lewis Hamilton in a 1 mile straight line with me in a Ferrari and him in a fiat punto then im winning that race, it wouldn’t get me a deal with an f1 team though. The championship is where most of the managers go when getting a job in England after one of us.
Your embarrassing yourself

You’re talking pish, give up.

He goes if he’s offered it. 100%. Triple your wage, manage a genuinely big club in one of the best stadiums in the world, in the best league in the world or stay at Celtic. No brainier for him. The question is: will Spurs offer a guy with limited success the job?
Be a fair chunk more than x3 his current salary I'd imagine.

So pretty much any successful manager of either old firm club goes to the EPL then?

Some cu*t take that shovel off him please.

You’re talking pish, give up.

It’s not Really pish when if you look at previous managers who have managed either of the old firm in the last 20 years it usually doesn’t end with their next job being in the spl. if epl clubs thought winning leagues in the spl was good enough for them we would see more examples of managers going directly to the epl after leaving.

your saying that’s pish so im assuming you can give me examples to back it up

giphy.gif

I think it’s mental spurs would go for him, putting that to one side, if he’s offered that job he takes it

Not a chance he turns that down
He may decide that Celtic is a cushy, well paid job where he's already loved by the east end numpties and that Spurs could, literally, be a six month shitshow with possibly no Kane, a support that will immediately be suspicious and that he could easily be out on his ear before the season ends. What would his next move be? I don't think he's a stupid man and probably knows his limitations.

I'd like him to stay - I think he's already reached the bottom of his transfer barrel and will struggle with a Plan B if we make even moderately good signings.

It’s not Really pish when if you look at previous managers who have managed either of the old firm in the last 20 years it usually doesn’t end with their next job being in the spl. if epl clubs thought winning leagues in the spl was good enough for them we would see more examples of managers going directly to the epl after leaving.

Mate look, proper sport journos very close to Spurs have said he's their main target and has already had a couple of interviews. Wrap it.

what a mental thread.

Common knowledge that Spurs are keen on the fat bastard and we still have folk insisting that it’s bull shit.

Me? If he goes, great. Anything that causes disruption in their camp is welcome. If he stays? I’d love nothing more than MB putting the arrogant c()nt in his place.

It is pish. It’s complete pish and I shouldn’t be replying to it

Nonetheless….

When Postecoglu goes, that’ll be three league winning Old Firm manager poached by EPL sides the season after they’ve won the league in four years.

That’s a massive ratio.

Notwithstanding that, the idea that you think you’re more in the know than six or seven of the leading London/Spurs journalists in respect of this is actually embarrassing.

Do yourself a favour and log off.

3k replies ffs. Who gives a f***. Let’s leave the obsession to them

What I love about comments like this (and those who give it a thumbs up) is the complete irony as they are in a thread, reading about a topic that they have no interest in apparently ....

Any disruption to your rival, in a 2 horse race, is massive news and very much welcomed.

To pretend otherwise is a complete lie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back