Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 next season. Gets caught on the ball far too often, costing us crucial goals and points.P

We still need to sign another quality midfielder.
Irrespective of what we may both think of Jack, we will still sign at least one more midfielder..

More likely two, with Kamara's imminent departure.

Last edited:
Don't know whether or not you go to the games mate, but we've only been playing with one DM, since the 2nd half of the SC Semi.
I said defensive minded as in lundstrum and jacks attributes, neither are creative or in jacks case have the power to run in behind. Only thing is I think raskin is better as an 8 and not playing at the base so there is a case for one of them, defo not both.

He's a defender who's flawed in every fundamental discipline of actually defending!

A square peg in a round hole in Scotland, never mind at Rangers. How that useless dwarf thought it a good Idea to hand over £4m to bring him north still defies belief .

No he isn't. he's a very different type of defender to what people like to see up here. Personally, the old blood and guts Katic style is the type of defener I'd rather avoid. Its an old fashioned and really poor type of player that for some reason people in Scotland love.

Our league is so terrible though unfortunately a cultured player like Davies is seen as not good enough yet someone like Katic, who is a very, very poor all round footballer, is what people like.

A backwards way of looking at the game if you ask me.

I said defensive minded as in lundstrum and jacks attributes, neither are creative or in jacks case have the power to run in behind. Only thing is I think raskin is better as an 8 and not playing at the base so there is a case for one of them, defo not both.

Lundstram has been playing very well further advanced and he strikes a good ball with either foot.
Beale certainly likes him.

Katic was rubbish but let's not portray Davies as some kind of elegant antidote who happens to be misunderstood by boorish Rangers fans. A lack of aggression isn't the only flaw in his game.

It's not just aggression. He doesn't really have the physicality or the aerial ability needed in Scotland. Our main threat against us in most games is aerial and physical and playing off 2nd balls, hence why he looks to be unsuited.

However he is a good defender on the ground, normally positions himself well and is comfortable building play. It's clear he has qualities to his game but as somebody else said, it's more a reflection on the league than on Davies, IMO.

Lundstram has been playing very well further advanced and he strikes a good ball with either foot.
Beale certainly likes him.
I’d agree he is better further forward and jacks the only one of the 3 that is better at the base themselves, which is a problem in itself because he can’t be relied upon. However I think we need an upgrade on both. I wouldn’t imagine lundstrum will see much game time further forward with dowell/Lawrence/hagi/raskin/cantwell/Lowry and potentially cifuentes/Tillman. Assume Bailey rice will be doing pre-season with the first team?

J
I’ve said it repeatedly on here that his best performances have came with someone like Jack or Sands sitting deeper and allowing him to get forward.
Lundstram has about 30 goals in his career at 29 and you think he’s good enough to play further forward in our midfield where we dominate the ball. I also think Dowell is here to be a starter

Except he isn't, your post completely nails the point the initial poster was making about perception.
If he's so perceptive maybe you or the original poster care to explain how he's failed to intervene so often when our goal's been under threat?

He's a defender who excels at nothing, and you don't need to be Franco Baresi to be deemed competent in this league. Maybe ask yourself why the club are trying to offload him and replace with someone better suited to the defensive standards this club was built on.

Like I say, a square peg in a round hole who has no business at Rangers.

I’d agree he is better further forward and jacks the only one of the 3 that is better at the base themselves, which is a problem in itself because he can’t be relied upon. However I think we need an upgrade on both. I wouldn’t imagine lundstrum will see much game time further forward with dowell/Lawrence/hagi/raskin/cantwell/Lowry and potentially cifuentes/Tillman. Assume Bailey rice will be doing pre-season with the first team?

Lawrence, when fit, will definitely be competing for a start, but there's a few 'ifs and buts' in there mate.
I know nothing about Dowell, but I'll trust Beale on him.

We'll see where Hagi is, after a full pre season.
Hopefully back to his best.

I don't think there's any guarantees we'll see Tillman again and I'm not sure whether Cifuentes will offer the same box to box aggression, will to win and physicality that Lundstram does, when playing further forward.

I think Rice looks our best prospect and I think he will be around the first team a fair bit, but next season is all about development for him.
Hopefully he continues to progress at his current rate.

Lowry on the other hand hasn't progressed much, if at all, over the past season and I think he's more likely to go out on loan, to get some good game time.

He's currently well off the required level for our 1st team.

Overall though, with at least one more midfielder still to come in, it's probably too early to say what our pecking order will be.

J

Lundstram has about 30 goals in his career at 29 and you think he’s good enough to play further forward in our midfield where we dominate the ball. I also think Dowell is here to be a starter
Would be very surprised at this, got to be a good few players ahead of him for a place in the starting 11 surely?

If he's so perceptive maybe you or the original poster care to explain how he's failed to intervene so often when our goal's been under threat?

He's a defender who excels at nothing, and you don't need to be Franco Baresi to be deemed competent in this league. Maybe ask yourself why the club are trying to offload him and replace with someone better suited to the defensive standards this club was built on.

Like I say, a square peg in a round hole who has no business at Rangers.

I dont think you have grasped what has been said about "perception" here

Folk seem to think he’s a defensive midfielder because he’s played at the back for us.

He’s far better suited further ahead in the midfield.
He is better suited to someone elses team.

Slow and laborious in passing. Shooting is ok, very little drive forward.

Few decent games and people seem to forget that in two seasons, we have had 4 months where he hasnt been awful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back