'Oh Glasgow Rangers' - UB new song.

I don't hate it but would be surprised if it caught on with the wider support, the tune/pacing will be a bit hard to get to grips with for most on the fly IMO.

No offence to the singers, but I'm still not sure what the tune is after that clip. :))

Lyrics - it's about football, so pleased with that. Not sure about lines 3 and 4 - surely we followed prior to 72? How about

"All over Europe we've travelled
With tears of joy in '72"
(or something)

Has potential though!
Followed a team before it was founded? Impressive

Not that bad - the second line needs to have a bit more of an uplifting sound to it as it just comes across as a drone.

Don't think it's their best work, but on the other hand there's times where Ibrox deathly silent without then and I support anyone trying to life the atmosphere and bring in new songs.

They’ve gone for the Argentine style type of sound on this one I think. It’s sounds pretty good but again it’s hard to say with new songs whether it’s going to catch on with the wider support?

That’s a couple of their songs recently they’ve shared that have been absolutely honking. Who actually wrote thinks this is a good idea and people will sing it?

No offence to the singers, but I'm still not sure what the tune is after that clip. :))

Lyrics - it's about football, so pleased with that. Not sure about lines 3 and 4 - surely we followed prior to 72? How about

"All over Europe we've travelled
With tears of joy in '72"
(or something)

Has potential though!
1872 works

Its not terrible. But, it might be a bit too 'ultra-ish' to get a whole stadium signing it, even if it sounds decent in the UB corner.

It is nonsense as it has nothing to do with football or our football club.

Rangers is a football club. Not a political movement.

Believe in and follow whatever you like. Keep the songs at the football about football.
Whether you like it or not, our club is much more than “just football” Infact it’s downright disrespectful to the majority of our support to suggest otherwise.

Whether you or the club likes it, our club, our fan base is a loyalist unionist and fucking proud institution. If you don’t like it that’s your problem, but don’t you tell me what rangers is and isn’t just because it’s not something you are interested in.

Presume this is another song that ever ultras group in europe sings with their own lyrics. Every Saturday we follow is a great example. Every club sings the same song with different lyrics

Can’t see this one making the grade on the stands

Reactions: WBD
It is nonsense as it has nothing to do with football or our football club.

Rangers is a football club. Not a political movement.

Believe in and follow whatever you like. Keep the songs at the football about football.

Come on now.

If there was none of that our atmospheres at points would never have been what they were or are.

Let's not get carried away in saying there is zero connection. There is a connection and some of the songs create a great atmosphere inside Ibrox.

Jobby sands is of course up for debate :D

This seems as good a place as any to ask what the words to the Cantwell song are, for the life of me I’ve no idea what that second line is, or if I’m just imagining the others

This seems as good a place as any to ask what the words to the Cantwell song are, for the life of me I’ve no idea what that second line is, or if I’m just imagining the others

We found a love, we fell for him fast,

His name Cantwell, he's fuckin class,

He loves the Rangers, we love him to,

Todd Cantwell is Red White and Blue

Back