Official Rangers win case over tickets with SPFL - but authorities refuse to issue compliance edict to Celtic

This was never going to be resolved mid-season and probably rightly so - the meltdown would have been epic if one was perceived to have an advantage over another.

Thats a cop out though, this is celtc refusing tickets for Ibrox and then not giving tickets to us, this is on them the rules should be applied correctly. If this was us we would receive a fine.

Roll on the SPFL board meeting which Celtic have aimed for with this decision for the introduction of 5/10% minimum away fan allocations which will see closer to the old allocations.

Yet again though, incompetence from
The SPFL with using subjective wording on a rule causing room for a club to %^*& another club about.
They will never do that as they would have to give the same to Hearts, Hibs etc.

Procedures and technicalities aside. Celtic have unilateraly withdrawn tickets against SPFL rules. They should be dealt with accordingly. The amount of tickets that constitute a "reasonable" amount is irrelevant. Because zero isnt any amount let alone reasonable.

Potential big can of worms for the SPFL here. Theres now a precedence to withdraw tickets at a clubs discretion and i hope we take advantage of that in future if its not dealt with.
As someone as posted above, the league stepped in for the Queens Park/Dundee play off game last season. How were they able to do that then but not now?

Thats a cop out though, this is celtc refusing tickets for Ibrox and then not giving tickets to us, this is on them the rules should be applied correctly. If this was us we would receive a fine.
exactly, but the media seems to be missing that bit out, and if nothing happens to the tims on this does that mean every club can just ignore the rules when they feel like it with no come backs???

DESPITE winning a case put to an SPFL Board Sub-Committee, Rangers FC, with extreme disappointment, will not have any supporters present at Parkhead for the Old Firm match on December 30.

The Sub-Committee agreed with Rangers that Celtic FC’s stance of providing zero tickets to Rangers’ fans was unreasonable.

Despite the fact that the Sub-Committee agreed with Rangers, the Sub-Committee was unwilling to determine what a ‘reasonable’ number of tickets for the fixture would be.

The Sub-Committee was unable to determine this reasonable number due to the fact that the other party had not submitted enough evidence on this issue, despite having ample opportunity to do so in the weeks and months leading up to the hearing.

Rangers’ position has always been clear. We want away fans from all clubs at our stadium and wish for that to be reciprocated when we travel to other clubs’ grounds.

This decision calls into question the effectiveness, and highlights the procedural defects, of SPFL Rule I27.

To Rangers, it is grossly unfair that if a club (in this case Celtic) fails to submit sufficient evidence as part of such proceedings, it effectively ties the hands of a Sub-Committee in being able to determine what a reasonable number of tickets should be; especially when the Sub-Committee agrees that the reasonable number cannot be zero.

Conversely, if a club (in this case Rangers) complies fully and provides all necessary information in good faith, it can still be penalised.

The club will consider its position before participating in any further SPFL led hearings.

Rangers, alongside several other SPFL clubs, also looks forward to the overdue findings of the ongoing, protracted SPFL Governance review.

Rangers will be making no further comment at this time.

So from now on, all clubs can just refuse to participate in whatever kangaroo court & the SPFL are powerless to do anything?

They will never do that as they would have to give the same to Hearts, Hibs etc.

Correct, the scum themselves don’t want this as they aren’t interested in giving more tickets at Parkhead to Hearts fans etc

They want the old arrangements where they got a whole stand at Ibrox at the expense of 7k Rangers fans and in return they gave us a smaller % of tickets.

An absolute certainty.

The mooted 5% minimum would benefit us over them anyway so you can guarantee it will be some convuluted ruling to bring them back level with amount of fans.
It wouldn't be too convoluted.

Stadia up to 52,000 capacity must allow 5% for away allocation.
Stadia over 52,000 must allow 4% for away allocation.

Nothing would surprise me with theses corrupt fuckers.

So if they offer zero that will be unreasonable and against their rules. It’s now up to SPFL to force them to get a reasonable amount and adhere to the rules.

It wouldn't be too convoluted.

Stadia up to 52,000 capacity must allow 5% for away allocation.
Stadia over 52,000 must allow 4% for away allocation.

Nothing would surprise me with theses corrupt fuckers.

The Tim’s will just do exactly what they did the last time. Can’t give you a higher % of tickets due to safety and segregation concerns and they’ll just give us the exact same number of tickets as they get at Ibrox.

David Murray should have met this head on at the time and instead he allowed them to set a precedent.

The club will consider its position before participating in any further SPFL led hearings.

This could be interesting going forward- particularly if the Spfl call Rangers to participate in a hearing

Thats an interesting line. This will be really awkward for the spfl in any dealings with us, going forward.

I expected us to get no tickets but I thought it would be that Celtic would accept the punishment handed to them by the SPFL. I didn’t think the SPFL would allow Celtic to simply refuse to offer tickets. Naivety on my part.

So the sub committee can't reach a decision because the club that have breached Governing body rules has not furnished them with sufficient submissions although having had plenty of time to so?

They should be hammered.

Not only for breaching rules with regards tickets, but taking the pish out of the governing body during an investigation.

Surely this opens the door for the SPFL to instruct clubs to make it known how many tickets will be made available to away teams before the season starts with a set minimum allocation of 800 tickets as a starting position for each and every club .
Clubs then state how many tickets they will make available above this 800 minimum ticket threshold they will make available for each visiting - with any deviation from registered numbers of tickets with the SPFL before the season starts incurring a points deduction

Didn't think we would get fans at this game but thought it would be because the SPFL sided with them or they just refused and took a punishment.

Didn't expect the SPFL to be so impotent as to side with us but just not do anything about it.

Some of our own simply can't see this.
The vermin are effectively driving the narrative here and we have Rangers fans falling for it.

They CHOSE to decline the allocation from Rangers. We offered them the same as EVERY other club in Scotland
Why the hell should they be given more?

Didn't think we would get fans at this game but thought it would be because the SPFL sided with them or they just refused and took a punishment.

Didn't expect the SPFL to be so impotent as to side with us but just not do anything about it.
They effectively handed Celtic a league title they hadn't won thanks to a rigged vote and a zoom meeting.

not % but a certain number
give hearts 2700 we get full roseburn

So we reward their non compliance, blatant law breaking and Scottish footballing governance corruption by taking season tickets off good money paying rangers fans to give them more tickets after we’ve been told we’re getting none (against the rules)

Just so some more of us are in with a chance of a trip to Celtic park

Are you actually serious?

The fact that this allegedly impartial committe couldn't decide on that sums up how gutless they are.
This is what I find most concerning. The SPFL rule states that if a reasonable number cannot be agreed, then the SPFL board SHOULD determine that.

It seems as though the SPFL board cannot even follow their own rules. Or it suggests that the SPFL board believes that zero fans is reasonable. That's a very interesting precedent to set if that is the case.

I posted in a previous thread the actual extracts of the rules.

So what’s the punishment here for a member club failing to comply with a governing body sub committee?
There doesn't appear to be one, I spotted that hole in the regulations when I read them. I suspect both us and the scum have done the same.

It's a dance we are playing, we pursued it to point out the ineffectiveness of the SPFL

Irrespective of your thoughts on the ticket allocation, the ultimate outcome is going to be what Celtic want.

Even if Rangers stand firm, there will be a league edict coming for next season.
If that happens we should tell them to ram it.

All this does is prove that that SPFL are in Celtic's pocket. They've stepped in already in the lower leagues and told clubs to give more tickets to away fans.

For Rangers to have no fans on the 30th at the Chamber of Secrets is shocking, Why should our team have no support because Celtic have been causing issues for their ultimate aim of getting the Broomloan stand back when they come to Ibrox.

This is what the scum wanted. This will force a new rule for a 5% minimum allocation. The mentally challengeds are desperate for this. Some of our board also want the reciprocal arrangement back.

Another shambles by the governing bodies! The fact they just get away with it & no repercussions is shocking.

So we reward their non compliance, blatant law breaking and Scottish footballing governance corruption by taking season tickets off good money paying rangers fans to give them more tickets after we’ve been told we’re getting none (against the rules)

Just so some more of us are in with a chance of a trip to Celtic park

Are you actually serious?
yes J

"This decision calls into question the effectiveness, and highlights the procedural defects, of SPFL Rule I27.

They SPFL is failing to apply its own rules and showing a bias towards them.It has the power to decide an allocation within the framework of the rules.It has chosen not to inorder to side with celtic and their aims.

This isn't trivial Rangers as a club are up against it.I find this decision concerning and ultimately corrupt.

Edit
I could have quoted the clubs response in its entirety it sums it up very well.
That's the thing if they have failed to comply and submit what was requested then even if the committee could agree a number they should be at least given notice that they have referring them to a disciplinary committee for bringing the game into disrepute

That's maybe why we are highlighting the governance issues.

A nonsense, but one we all saw coming.

They refused tickets to Ibrox, no rules were broken, they simply knew if they took them they would have to reciprocate.

They have now refused us tickets in clear contravention of existing rules.

We will somehow still be made out to be the bad guys in this though.

The no further statement line at the end should be binned. We should be getting updates on this daily until the 30th to find out what the punishment is for just ignoring SPFL rules.

What information does SPFL need other than capacity. They gave x team 800 tickets for last game so they have the capacity to do so for us also.

Their 19th Century Terrorist authorities need disbanded, not fit for purpose and Scottish football is suffering due to it.

More the point you'd have likes of Aberdeen and Hearts giving us zero in return. Childish

Why punish this teams who are complying, why punish fans.

Because there is now a much bigger struggle than away fans attending games. The SPFL have, by their actions, made it clear that they will facilitate one club ignoring the rules.

That’s a far bigger issue than you missing a couple of games for the next few months. Only a child would think otherwise.

I’m someone who wants a full Rangers end at the piggery but today isn’t about that. It’s about the SPFL’s weak and complicit response to Celtic’s obstruction of the rules. That’s a far bigger issue.

This was never going to be resolved mid-season and probably rightly so - the meltdown would have been epic if one was perceived to have an advantage over another.
There is no wider issue to be resolved right now. This is about one game.

We offered tickets to them, they refused.

Their actions now is like us just deciding that we won't be giving away tickets to Aberdeen.

There's no basis to it and there is no comparison to the reason there were no away fans at Ibrox in September.

Back