Official Tonight's game v Ross County is offski

Demanding a small club travel down the night before an evening kick off and stay in a hotel at significant cost is Tim behaviour. That's before you even throw in the human element that yesterday was Boxing Day.

Ross County have done what just about every other club in this league would have done in this situation. Frustrating for us as fans and I do feel for anybody that has travelled here for the game but the risk is always there at this time of year.

FWIW, I don't imagine we as a club would have been very difficult to deal with here. No risks ahead of Saturday.
i assume you aren't aware of the wealth of their owner/chairman?

We've got the league situation back to where it is while always having games in hand.

We have a top manager now who has shown emphatically he can deal with any situation.

What are we saying here? The manager that took an injury ravaged side to Betis and won to top the group, who won a cup final 3 days later and still hasn't lost is going to struggle to win a rescheduled home game against Ross County?

Any hysterics over this are an insult to the man.

Not a fan of games in hand in the slightest. A defeat on Saturday puts the points difference back to what it was when Big Phil took over.

Games in hand mean %^*& all, would rather have the points on the board as early as possible. We lose on Saturday it’s back to 8 points meaning more pressure to win the games in hand and no further dropped points.
And if we won tonight and lost on Saturday the difference would be 5 points with 1 game in hand. Same difference.
I think some need to calm down and trust the the manager and players

Dont talk pish. The most important things are points on the board at the earliest opportunity.

It will put more pressure on us especially if we lost on Saturday. If you can’t see that then i don’t know what to say.
If we want to be Champions, these are the kind of things we need to overcome .

Not interested in problems, only interested in solutions as a wise man once said.

Just heard on sky on Saturday that he was a booking away from being suspended at the piggery. He will 100% pick up a booking at parkhead lol
Sky talking their usual pish then it seems mate. Any suspension for accumulated bookings does not take effect until 7 days after the 6th (or 12th) booking. Only way he was missing the DhimDome was a straight Red card against County or, unfortunately, injury against either of Motherwell or Ross County.

Bizarre post. Was glorious sunshine here yesterday and flat calm but since 4am it’s been fuckin brutal.

You do know that weather changes one day to the next FFS
When you say here you mean central belt I'm assuming???
Bizarre post ya trumpet.
Game was called off for travelling to Glasgow.
I stay here weather isn't bad and Ross County could have travelled last night..
Bizarre ffs

Some people have no concept of scoreboard pressure and having points on the board mate. Pointless trying to explain.

Worst possible outcome for us this week.

Clement deserves a knighthood if we win on Saturday now as they’ll be baying for blood and an 8 point lead.

You appear to have no concept of a few extra days off for an injury depleted squad is a positive. We will smash County at the later date so all your panic about scoreboard points in nonsense

I cant make tonight at work,but still rather we played this tonight and won it means less pressure points on the board are better than games in hand.

Not a fan of games in hand in the slightest. A defeat on Saturday puts the points difference back to what it was when Big Phil took over.

Games in hand mean %^*& all, would rather have the points on the board as early as possible. We lose on Saturday it’s back to 8 points meaning more pressure to win the games in hand and no further dropped points.
Easter Road I accept the argument, Ross County at home who have never left Ibrox as far as I’m aware with even a point is not one to concern ourselves with.

Feel bad for the fans that have distances to travel and will be negatively impacted. It’s frustrating, disappointing and annoying.

However some of the panty wetting going on about the title race being over again is laughable. No surrender eh!

We carry great momentum into Saturday and should be looking to win.
The fact we can’t mathematically top the league yet won’t matter too much. Beat them and the damage will be the same.

dfr-NB9b-QCK1-C.jpg

There were guys all over the post about that mob having more rest time than us before the OF game lamenting that fact, and here we have 9 pages of moaning about it being off now.

Positives are no new injuries ahead of Saturday and we can start focusing on that right now. Negatives are obviously for the Bears who have already travelled for this match. Hopefully the club can help them out.

You appear to have no concept of a few extra days off for an injury depleted squad is a positive. We will smash County at the later date so all your panic about scoreboard points in nonsense
I think people are over exaggerating how much a few days extra rest helps. Pretty certain come Saturday with 60,000 fans behind them, they’ll not care they played a few days ago and neither would we if roles were reversed.

They’ll be more driven by being able to restore an 8 point lead than they will be bothered about having played a few days earlier.

Bit of an over reaction to the news that the game is off on here tbh. My thoughts do go out to those Bears who have travelled from afar. Understand County electing to travel down today as the players probably trained Christmas and Boxing Day morning and the club probably wanted to give them the rest of both days with their families.

Any other time of year, they probably would have travelled down the day before and stayed in a hotel. There are rumours doing the rounds that they did travel and are staying in Cumbernauld, but that's just through Whatsapp so not sure if that's true.

The fragility of a section of our fans never ceases to amaze me. There's no way they're going to enjoy a title race if the thought of a rearranged game with Ross County, at Ibrox, has them breathing into a brown paper bag.
It's unreal lol

"Ross County should have stayed in a hotel and should be hammered".

How far in advance of the game do they need to be holed up in a Glasgow hotel? One night? Two nights?

The game is off because of the weather. End of.
They should need to spend the entire season in the central belt, just in case.

Who cares how they get back north after the game?

The point everyone is missing here is the gap could be wider by the time they are played. That’s where the added pressure comes from.
But we'll more than likely have more of a squad available to us(and the gap could be less than it is at the moment, if we're dealing in hypotheticals).

You can choose to look at it as a good or a bad thing. There are arguments both ways.

The A9 is completely closed.

I was driving down from the highlands to Glasgow and police asked me to turn back
There is a scheduled flight Inverness to Glasgow this evening! I’m sure there would have been one earlier in the day or yesterday!

There is no excuse for this as the adverse weather was forecast! That’s the end of argument! Penny punching by County has cost Rangers supporters money. Cost the catering suppliers money.

As far as the travelling County fans. Ffs really? All 20 of them!

When you say here you mean central belt I'm assuming???
Bizarre post ya trumpet.
Game was called off for travelling to Glasgow.
I stay here weather isn't bad and Ross County could have travelled last night..
Bizarre ffs
No FFS! I live in rural Aberdeenshire!!!

There’s a world outside the central belt yknow

I get it but Ross County and the country knew this weather was coming today so should have travelled yesterday. I was going to come up from Bristol but glad I chose Kilmarnock game instead. Unfair on all those from down here and Northern Ireland who have already travelled that a professional team were not organised enough to get to a game!
I just don't think RC and many other teams can afford to pay for hotel rooms, grim as that sounds.

When will the re arranged game be? Are we allowed to use the midweeks between St Johny even though it's CL week?

i'm not sure if it would have made much difference in this instance but would it not make more sense to have Ross County having an away fixture in Aberdeen, Perth or Dundee at this time of year?
Rather than the longer trip to the west of scotland
The problem with that is our weather is so unpredictable and there's not a lot of teams up there, so you'd run out of fixtures very quickly and we could have bad snow any time from December through to the Spring.

I'd much rather have the points in the bag than games in hand, but I do feel much more confident about us picking up points from those games in hand than I have done in a long time. Plus, if we do beat that lot at the weekend, the way they're playing, it might be enough to really knock them for six, regardless of the points situation.

I don't think they will be fined because it's the SPFL amateur hour but if they had to reimburse opposition fans, you'd think it might put them out of a bit more money than they would have been for a overnight stay in Perth/Stirling/Glasgow?

Gutted the game is off as I was looking forward to it tonight. But the positives are we will have no new injuries and a day extra rest for the OF. Another positive is that this rearranged game will likely be at the end of January/ start of Feb so will give any new signings or players coming back from injury another game to get used to how we play/ get more match fit etc

I thought a lot of players looked shattered come the end of the game on Sunday.

We've been relying heavily on guys like Sima, McCausland, Tavernier, Dessers a lot recently. A wee rest and they can start the preparation for Saturday today.

Due to their lack of game time over the season so far, I'd have been concerned with Dowell and Sterling having to put in another 90 minutes tonight as well.

Back