The Juniors - 23/24 Season

The red card has been reduced to a yellow on appeal.

It was a ridiculous call by the referee, never an obvious goalscoring opportunity as the Glencairn captain was shielding the ball back to the goalie and the Thorniewood striker couldn't get near it.
Heard that mate. Were you at the game? The replay doesn't even look as if it's over the line anyway tbf.

Drabs 0 Talbot 3

good wee win on a quagmire of a pitch and into the last 8 (to be drawn away to pollok, no doubt)

Bankies and St Cadocs losing in the league so a good day for Beith

Drabs 0 Talbot 3

good wee win on a quagmire of a pitch and into the last 8 (to be drawn away to pollok, no doubt)

Bankies and St Cadocs losing in the league so a good day for Beith
Would say that was the final nail in the coffin for the Bankies and their aspirations on winning the league. Toothless performance. Largs worthy winners

Would say that was the final nail in the coffin for the Bankies and their aspirations on winning the league. Toothless performance. Largs worthy winners
Bankies form seems to have fallen away dramatically - had to wait until they'd beaten us twice :mad:

Bankies form seems to have fallen away dramatically - had to wait until they'd beaten us twice :mad:
Tbh they’ve not kicked a ball since before Christmas. The pollok result a few weeks back, neither team really deserved to win that one, every other performance has been pretty poor. They’ve only themselves to blame. Beith away could have been a real booster going 15 clear with beith having 5 in hand, however that wasn’t to be and beith cut the lead. Sore one but is what it is

My nephew plays for Largs and wasn’t overly impressed with them. He was telling me had a great chance to put Largs 4-1 up at one stage but he blew it lol

Mon the Troon :)

Talbot v Cumnock today. "should" be decent going by the form both clubs are in. EPPP
That was the best match day experience I've had at junior football so far. Lovely wee ground by the sea, bar with nice pints, even had our game on. Beer garden where you can watch Troon at the at the same time. Great pies and burgers and a good wee atmosphere

Mon the Troon :)

Talbot v Cumnock today. "should" be decent going by the form both clubs are in. EPPP
Troon went down to 10 men after about 25 mins, battled on and got a goal just before HT. Held out until near the end of the game and eventually ended up 2-0 down. Credit to Rob Roy who were the better side from the start though.

Buffs beat 2-1 at home to Ashfield

55th minute ref gives buffs player a yellow then changed his mind and showed him a red with Ashfield leading 2-0

Buffs pull one back on 75th minute

Aye was a great strike.

Highlight of the day was the Camby ultras stealing the Whitletts flag
Ah, is that what happened? There were loads of excited wee guys, didn't know that was the cause.

The wee guy who scored the equaliser is a decent player, imo, usually very positive. A few on the pitch who were pretty poor today, just punting it away straight to the opposition. The 2 centre backs for Lang are decent as is the wee number 7, but he needs to stop having an emotional breakdown at every misplaced pass etc. :D No direction from McColl on the sidelines I felt either.

Talbot 5 Craigmaek 1

Bit of a mis-match but fair play to 'Mark for playing in a goof spirit and not resorting to booting the Talbot players up in the air. Maybe should've been double figures for Talbot but they missed a few chances - including a penalty, which is probably in aisle 5 in Tesco - and the opposition keeper had a couple of decent stops Speaking of penalties, the one Craigmark got must be the softest I've seen in a long time

Really not sure why they haven't ditched the Managers and Coach. Howling at the money they are spending and basically signing a load of current players pals.

He’s essentially playing fantasy football just spending money on players but they just didn’t look like they were a team, no fluency or cohesion at all which would suggest to me they are being poorly coached. They just looked like 11 individuals who happened to be wearing the same strip.

Ah, is that what happened? There were loads of excited wee guys, didn't know that was the cause.

The wee guy who scored the equaliser is a decent player, imo, usually very positive. A few on the pitch who were pretty poor today, just punting it away straight to the opposition. The 2 centre backs for Lang are decent as is the wee number 7, but he needs to stop having an emotional breakdown at every misplaced pass etc. :D No direction from McColl on the sidelines I felt either.

Owen McGinty im sure it is who scored. Think he used to be on our books as a kid.

7 is a good wee player like you say but there isn’t much else. I said that to my mate about McColl, he’s normally going berserk during games but there was nothing from him, it’s as if he has lost interest.

Was a game both sides needed to win and a point didn’t really do anything for either

Went and watched the Burgh last week and was surprised at how poor they were given the money they are allegedly chucking about
Really not sure why they haven't ditched the Managers and Coach. Howling at the money they are spending and basically signing a load of current players pals.
He’s essentially playing fantasy football just spending money on players but they just didn’t look like they were a team, no fluency or cohesion at all which would suggest to me they are being poorly coached. They just looked like 11 individuals who happened to be wearing the same strip.
I think they will get rid of him soon, I agree with what yous are saying looks the same to me, ex Arthurlie player said the same to meet this week in work.

I think they will get rid of him soon, I agree with what yous are saying looks the same to me, ex Arthurlie player said the same to meet this week in work.

Someone said to me they heard he had two games to turn it round. I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave him to the cup semi but by then it might be too late for promotion the way things are going

They have arranged couple of there matches for midweek

Johnstone Burgh can confirm dates for our two rescheduled home matches.

Johnstone Burgh vs Thorniewood United will take place on 27 March 2024 at 19:45.

Johnstone Burgh vs Cambuslang Rangers will take place on 3 April 2024 at 19:45.

Both matches will be played at Cliftonhill Stadium, Coatbridge.

Pollok picking up 4 from 6 this week from away trips to Ayrshire with a 4-2 victory at Darvel midweek and a 1-1 draw at reigning champs Beith yesterday.

Forced into a 3-5-2 with wing backs due to injuries and it's been a revolution. Great games, expecially yesterday at Bellsdale where a superb Owen Stott last minute wonder save denied Lok the 3 points but a draw was fair as Beith had chances too.

Pies also superb at both Recreation and Bellsdale, but the biscuits at Recreation and a beer made it a better away trip.

Back to Ayrshire next week with Hurlford in th WoSFL Cup

Pollok picking up 4 from 6 this week from away trips to Ayrshire with a 4-2 victory at Darvel midweek and a 1-1 draw at reigning champs Beith yesterday.

Forced into a 3-5-2 with wing backs due to injuries and it's been a revolution. Great games, expecially yesterday at Bellsdale where a superb Owen Stott last minute wonder save denied Lok the 3 points but a draw was fair as Beith had chances too.

Pies also superb at both Recreation and Bellsdale, but the biscuits at Recreation and a beer made it a better away trip.

Back to Ayrshire next week with Hurlford in th WoSFL Cup
He’s a season ticket holder at Ibrox aswell ;)

Back