The Juniors - 23/24 Season

Yup, hearing need around £38k for April time, no idea reasons why.

Complete mismanagement it sounds like, look at Maxis big signings Hutton and Allan out the door a good time before Xmas, his signings have been guff to be honest. Too busy being Jurgen Klopp lite on a Saturday
Is there an EGM tonight?

How can a team like Pollok be having financial issues when they're arguably the biggest supported club at this level? Madness.

I think there is some mismanagement for sure, I've heard daft figures with wages - Rumsby last season apparently they couldn't get rid of as he was on so much, but then released, re-signed and binned.

Apparently Maxi is tied in financially someway or another but the lack of homes games recently really won't have helped the cause either.

I'm not a member as I can't be bothered with all the tit for tat nonsense I hear about but I hear they are asking members for a suggested donation of £200!

I think there is some mismanagement for sure, I've heard daft figures with wages - Rumsby last season apparently they couldn't get rid of as he was on so much, but then released, re-signed and binned.

Apparently Maxi is tied in financially someway or another but the lack of homes games recently really won't have helped the cause either.

I'm not a member as I can't be bothered with all the tit for tat nonsense I hear about but I hear they are asking members for a suggested donation of £200!
100 memnbers I think they have? So £20000, the can't be any more in debt than that, surely?

Without sounding like a smartarse, with some members of the committee at Newlandsfield and some of the arrogant guff that you hear them spout on occasion, mismanagement really isn't all that difficult to fathom.

How can a club with that size of support paying the highest entry prices in the league and whom which has recently benefitted from financially lucrative Scottish Cup runs be £38k in debt?

Oh, and p.s.

#taxiformaxi

Without sounding like a smartarse, with some members of the committee at Newlandsfield and some of the arrogant guff that you hear them spout on occasion, mismanagement really isn't all that difficult to fathom.

How can a club which has that size of support paying the highest entry prices in the league and whom has recently benefitted from financially lucrative Scottish Cup runs be £38k in debt?

Oh, and p.s.

#taxiformaxi
Did they not have a TV appearence on BBC against annan last season in scottish cup , must have got some money for that

Reading that statement, does it maybe infer that the footballing staff have been on reduced pay recently? Might explain away the lacklustre form? That said, rumours abound about how much Maxwell is liked by a number of the players which never seem to go away despite swapping out most of the squad.

Sad to hear about Pollok being in a bit of trouble.

Do clubs like Pollok still pay wages as cash through brown envelopes or is it done properly these days

Ffs. A firesale of the best players afoot? Couldn't deadwood like Lindsay and Burns not have been offloaded instead?

That said, I seriously doubt that there was any love lost between Daz and the manager. He can now resume his love in with Del Esplin. :p

Forde always away depending if the money offered is right from JB.... Or so I hear, if not away end of season (Daz had a pre contract with JB anyway)

Is he with Gartcairn now? I noticed they're doing not too bad in the league now, have they got a bit of money behind them?

I remember playing them a few years back and you were lucky if they had 20 supporters there.

Yeah i heard that also
How much liability has been priced in for Dakhil's weave? :cool:

The trip to Medda Park the morra will be interesting - especially if it is minus Adam Forde. I doubt it'll be long before Maxi starts feeling the heat from the terraces. The past two league visits to Holm Park suggested to me that the players weren't playing for him - last season's group and recently a coupla weekends back. He got a brief bounce in the late summer/autumn, but there's no doubt in my mind that he has weakened the team and the squad. Whether that has been enforced or not? I have my suspicions.

Sounds like some hard times ahead for Lok. Hope I'm wrong.

Troon won 3-2 against Beith with an injury time winner.

That result flattered Beith and you would be forgiven to think Troon were the team that were going for the league title.

Talbot 3 Hurlford 0

Can't say it was a routine win. Ford put in a shift but talbot were more clinical

Last 4 of talbot, Johnstoneburgh, Darvel and Arthutlie

Last edited:
Talbot 3 Hurlford 0

Came say it was a routine win. Ford put in a shift but talbot were more clinical

Last 4 of talbot, Johnstoneburgh, Darvel and Arthutlie
Talbot are putting a decent run together now. They are maybe even in with an outside chance of winning the league. Are they still in any of the cups?

Cambuslang 0 Blantyre 1.

Poor game with nothing between the sides. Cambuslang a shadow of the team from a few years ago and lack any sort of quality.

Talbot are putting a decent run together now. They are maybe even in with an outside chance of winning the league. Are they still in any of the cups?
That was the juniot cup. Would rank us 3 out of those 4 to win it

Still in the west - play the drabs up there on 24/2

We won't win the league this year and probably not next season either

Last edited:
That was the juniot cup. Would rank us 3 out of those 4 to win it

Still in the west - play the drabs up there on 24/2

We won't win the league this year and probably not next season either
I had a look at the league table there and it’s certainly doable if they go on a run of wins. The title race is wide open now, at one time it looked like Beith were going to win it at a canter.

I had a look at the league table there and it’s certainly doable if they go on a run of wins. The title race is wide open now, at one time it looked like Beith were going to win it at a canter.

That win today means, with a 2 leg semi, 2 midweek games to be added to the 2 we already have. That always takes its toll

But, after 10 games or so, I'd have bitten off your hand for safety and a junior cup run so who really knows? Need to beat Beith that's for sure if we have to have any chance

Cambuslang 0 Blantyre 1.

Poor game with nothing between the sides. Cambuslang a shadow of the team from a few years ago and lack any sort of quality.

Blantyre Vics are currently 2nd in the league with a -4 goal difference. Wild.

I know a lot of teams below them have games in hand but still.

In fact it surprises me that they've played more than any other team because their pitch is awful at the best of times..

Was at Thorniewood v Rutherglen Glencairn at the weekend. Bit of a ridiculous sending off a few minutes in as the keeper handled it outside the box, but tbh on replays I think he's on the line.

Well done to their young team who had drums, banners, flags and even a wee display for the teams coming out. Although didn't stop old torn faced bastards moaning at them after choosing to stand right next to them when they could literally have went anywhere.

Sad to hear about Pollok being in a bit of trouble.

Do clubs like Pollok still pay wages as cash through brown envelopes or is it done properly these days
My Da used to manage them, the brown envelopes used to be divvied up in the treatment room back in the day :D

Maxi can't be sacked. Can't say much more than that but I've hinted to it previously
Did the old manager Tony McInally not take about 10/20 grand out the club in an unfair dismissal care, hence why he's hated at Pollok!

Was at Thorniewood v Rutherglen Glencairn at the weekend. Bit of a ridiculous sending off a few minutes in as the keeper handled it outside the box, but tbh on replays I think he's on the line.

Well done to their young team who had drums, banners, flags and even a wee display for the teams coming out. Although didn't stop old torn faced bastards moaning at them after choosing to stand right next to them when they could literally have went anywhere.

The red card has been reduced to a yellow on appeal.

It was a ridiculous call by the referee, never an obvious goalscoring opportunity as the Glencairn captain was shielding the ball back to the goalie and the Thorniewood striker couldn't get near it.

Hard to beleive a club like Pollok, with regular home gates of approx 500, can be in financial trouble. Mismanagement from the club officials if u ask me and on the park they aren't exactly setting the trees on fire either. Mid table and scrapping results.

Back