Too much dead wood throughout the club.

Totally agree OP

I’d be having 2nd thoughts on giving Lundstram a big contract. I know he’s played a lot lately but when we are chasing a game he’s so slow

Today outfield players were poor

Failed to take our chances when 1-0 up and it cost us big time

On a day like today we would get rid of everybody because in reality nobody was very good.

Picking out Montondo who saved us points in the last few weeks just shows how shallow we can be.

But I asked it in another post-who is good enough to keep?

You could lose 15 players out the squad and you would barely notice. A club filled with dross which has created a huge wage bill. Big clear out and replace with young ( under25) hungry and athletic players. Fed up being run over

Again……

Over the last 25 years as a club we always find ourselves in these types of situations.

Big clearout required in the summer. Goldson has been poor this season. Plenty already been said about Tav's defending. Matondo needs to be moved on. Add Jack, Roofe etc to that list. Big summer coming for Clement.
Butland
Tavernier
Goldson
Souttar
Barisic
Lundstram
Dowell
Cantwell
Silva
Sima
Dessers

That's today's starting 11 and I'd only keep 4 of them then you have the rest of the dross like Wright and Davies etc

The squads a mess.

McLaughlin, Barasic, Balogun, Goldson, Tav, Lundstrum, Jack, Dowell, Matondo, Dessers, Roofe, Lawrence all need to go
Tav will obviously stay and play. Goldson and Matondo will stay because nobody will match their wages. I think the rest will go.

Other than the out of contract players it’s going to be difficult to shift a lot of players at the club given the ridiculous wages some of them are on.

We are paying guys way over the odds that’s why Scott Wright is still here. I’d be shocked if we can find anyone daft enough to take the likes of Matondo, Goldson & Davies off our hands.

Big clearout required in the summer. Goldson has been poor this season. Plenty already been said about Tav's defending. Matondo needs to be moved on. Add Jack, Roofe etc to that list. Big summer coming for Clement.
Same thing is said every season.

BTW - I'm in agreement, but getting rid of the deadwood is easier said than done.

It’s pretty disappointing when honest folk on here feel like they can’t critique the same group of players who continue to let us down, for fear of a pile on, a ban, or being accused of being a Celtic supporter.

Totally agree OP

I’d be having 2nd thoughts on giving Lundstram a big contract. I know he’s played a lot lately but when we are chasing a game he’s so slow

Today outfield players were poor

Failed to take our chances when 1-0 up and it cost us big time
Again

McLaughlin, Barasic, Balogun, Goldson, Tav, Lundstrum, Jack, Dowell, Matondo, Dessers, Roofe, Lawrence all need to go
Unfortunately that’s about 3 million worth of player at absolute most. Most are too old/injury prone or just good old fashioned p1sh. Hopefully 1 or 2 goes to Saudi

The money we are paying out to guys who are either past their best or contribute very little is off the charts.

Celtic have three guys on £25k+ a week - McGregor, Carter-Vickers and Kyogo.

We must have at least 9 guys on equivalent wages - Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Lundstram, Lawrence, Silva, Dessers and Matondo.

It's absolutely mental when you think about it

Good to have another thread telling us exactly the same as we’ve known since Beale left.

The money we are paying out to guys who are either past their best or contribute very little is off the charts.

Celtic have three guys on £25k+ a week - McGregor, Carter-Vickers and Kyogo.

We must have at least 9 guys on equivalent wages - Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Lundstram, Lawrence, Silva, Dessers and Matondo.

It's absolutely mental when you think about it
For all C*ltic's financial advantage, our wage bill is the absolute proof that we're massive under achievers.

We cannot continue to pay guys in their 30s these huge sums each Week.

These guys will continue to take huge wages and deliver nothing until their contracts expire.

Beale wasted too much money but the board who gave him the money needs their heads looked at. Set back years because Beale spent millions on dross instead of the board saying no

Last edited:
For all C*ltic's financial advantage, our wage bill is the absolute proof that we're massive under achievers.

We cannot continue to pay guys in their 30s these huge sums each Week.

These guys will continue to take huge wages and deliver nothing until their contracts expire.
100% agree mate. The amount of money we spend for little return is frightening.

Back